Geoflora nutrients

OGeMann

Hello this is my first time using this product @GeoFlora Nutrients and I had no clue what it smelled like until I opened the bag..OMG.....But "what smells bad is good to the plants"....My Dad said this all the time...can i use this as a tea form by putting it in a mesh bag to brew...if so for how long??​

Lol yea it's stinky stuff.... But good news is only the veg smells strong..... Great stuff though.

But for the tea question, I would think the high temperature would degrade the fertilizer/nutrients...... Not sure though that's just my thought.

Lol yea it's stinky stuff.... But good news is only the veg smells strong..... Great stuff though.

But for the tea question, I would think the high temperature would degrade the fertilizer/nutrients...... Not sure though that's just my thought.
Hope someone from Geoflora or some body knows gets wind of this post...they should know. Had to add more duct to exhaust outside...the wife told me to do it..

Yup it's the stuff dreams are made of. Er nightmares

Been awhile since a dropped some.

Don't miss that first thing in the morning! Plants liked it though
Ive read some great reviews on them and it beats mixing 2 tons of chemicals only to feed and by wasting half of it..

Hope someone from Geoflora or some body knows gets wind of this post...they should know. Had to add more duct to exhaust outside...the wife told me to do it..
Give them a call or send an eMail.

Their web site does mention making a tea but did not say to let it steep in a mesh bag. The GeoFlora people might be thinking that the grower will be able to get by with putting some of the granules directly into a bucket of water. No mention of a recipe so no idea of how much fertilizer to how much water but did not really look very hard.

As for the smell, most likely it is the nutrients extracted from the fish and maybe some from the manures used. I use a lot of the Roots Organic dry powders which are extracted from fish and the stuff does have a smell to it. But it does not bother me much at all so it is easy to work around. The GeoFlora web site did mention top dressing with the granules and a method I use might help reduce the smell within a few hours.

Do a watering and be sure the soil is wet. Stir the surface and apply the granules. Lightly water and stir up the soil again so half or more of the fertilizer is covered. Lightly water again and the micro-organisms will be able to get to work on the GeoFlora within a few hours. I do this not to reduce any fish smell but to let the microorganisms get to the fertilizers as quickly as possible.

Now I am thinking of trying a small bag of GeoFlora fertilizers just to see what happens.

Good luck on your grow.

Give them a call or send an eMail.

Their web site does mention making a tea but did not say to let it steep in a mesh bag. The GeoFlora people might be thinking that the grower will be able to get by with putting some of the granules directly into a bucket of water. No mention of a recipe so no idea of how much fertilizer to how much water but did not really look very hard.

As for the smell, most likely it is the nutrients extracted from the fish and maybe some from the manures used. I use a lot of the Roots Organic dry powders which are extracted from fish and the stuff does have a smell to it. But it does not bother me much at all so it is easy to work around. The GeoFlora web site did mention top dressing with the granules and a method I use might help reduce the smell within a few hours.

Do a watering and be sure the soil is wet. Stir the surface and apply the granules. Lightly water and stir up the soil again so half or more of the fertilizer is covered. Lightly water again and the micro-organisms will be able to get to work on the GeoFlora within a few hours. I do this not to reduce any fish smell but to let the microorganisms get to the fertilizers as quickly as possible.

Now I am thinking of trying a small bag of GeoFlora fertilizers just to see what happens.

Good luck on your grow.
They emailed me back and said it’s not designed to be use as a tea, I will remember what you said the next time I use it and do what you said to do..thank you… they gave me 2 samples of it.

They emailed me back and said it’s not designed to be use as a tea, I will remember what you said the next time I use it and do what you said to do..thank you… they gave me 2 samples of it.
Since the earlier discussion I did go back to their web site, and some other web sites that talked about that particular line of nutrients, and noticed they mentioned top dressing.

I have this nagging feeling that I will be picking up a bag of "grow" for some sort of experiment ;) .

Back
Top Bottom