Sponsored Geoflora 2021 Outdoor Gorilla Glue 2nd Grow

It’s a disaster! So I made it up to my plants today and it appears that my seedlings have been dup up. I will give it till next week just in case its a late sprouter to pop thru the soil but for now it’s a bust. I will now have to wait till my other seeds come and then start them in small pots on my deck till they get established. If nothing shows by next week I will unfortunately end this journal and begin another one with my Godfather OG seeds.

3EA37893-4343-4853-B77C-E31B99E1984A.jpeg

24DB1AC0-EA46-4EBB-A7B7-8D104368EF7C.jpeg
Oh noooo! This has been my luck outside too, whether from bugs or varmints. Better luck next time!

Ouch! Godfather here we come then! Hope you took the golf cart.
[/QUOTE
Yeah lol, we don’t have one but wish we did. We had a 4 wheeler once which helped us get to the back of our 10 acres we have but we don’t have it anymore and so it makes it difficult for me to venture that far on our property because I don’t walk so good anymore which is one of the reasons why I am retired/disabled. I’m beginning to see that growing outside is a challenge. I guess I thought that for some reason it would be a lot easier and cheaper.

Oh noooo! This has been my luck outside too, whether from bugs or varmints. Better luck next time!
I have no idea what made me think that I could just put them outside and they would grow without problems, ugh!

I have no idea what made me think that I could just put them outside and they would grow without problems, ugh!
Thats the way it works in nature.
Why doesn't it work for us. :oops:
Bill

Hiya RRN :ciao: sorry to read of all the critter challenges. I can fully sympathise.

IMHO outdoor is just as much about setup as indoor. And you’re right that it can be easier and cheaper but that still requires set up - and reading the weather as well as the plants. And we don’t know what’s needed outside as easily as inside. You did heaps to mitigate the known risks, you’re just finding out now all the elements you have to account for - so, youre in the “surprises” phase. Next grow this year will be better and next season better again
:green_heart:

On critters - I’ve got em! When I grow in the bush I do things like this...

the frame is made from 50mm ‘ag’ pipe. A short star picket is banged in at each corner and the pipe gets zip tied to it. The (bird friendly) netting is buried-in on 3 sides and I use steel bar offcuts and rocks to secure it after tending the plant (but if I set the grow up right I almost never have to open it).

On autos - unsolicited advice but unless your spot is literally baked in sun 8+hours a day, autos will (IMHO) struggle to do very much outside. That’s a generalisation but one from experience and lots of observation of many outdoor auto attempts - the great ones are outliers. If you have tons of hours of direct sun for them, then autos may be fine.

On legs - :hug: I feel you. :love: I stopped growing in my bush pods because I cant walk to them anymore. I’m actually getting a bush-worthy powered chair so hope to revisit the bush growing sometime in the next few years. Meanwhile a have a plot in our very seriously enclosed and secured veggie patch. I didn’t grow there last summer tho - because we are in a la Nina weather cycle which means wet wet wet through late summer and autumn - I decided the best outdoor grow under those conditions would be none ;)

LOL! Long post to say ‘hi!’, your circumstances inspired me...
:passitleft:

Hiya RRN :ciao: sorry to read of all the critter challenges. I can fully sympathise.

IMHO outdoor is just as much about setup as indoor. And you’re right that it can be easier and cheaper but that still requires set up - and reading the weather as well as the plants. And we don’t know what’s needed outside as easily as inside. You did heaps to mitigate the known risks, you’re just finding out now all the elements you have to account for - so, youre in the “surprises” phase. Next grow this year will be better and next season better again
:green_heart:

On critters - I’ve got em! When I grow in the bush I do things like this...

the frame is made from 50mm ‘ag’ pipe. A short star picket is banged in at each corner and the pipe gets zip tied to it. The (bird friendly) netting is buried-in on 3 sides and I use steel bar offcuts and rocks to secure it after tending the plant (but if I set the grow up right I almost never have to open it).

On autos - unsolicited advice but unless your spot is literally baked in sun 8+hours a day, autos will (IMHO) struggle to do very much outside. That’s a generalisation but one from experience and lots of observation of many outdoor auto attempts - the great ones are outliers. If you have tons of hours of direct sun for them, then autos may be fine.

On legs - :hug: I feel you. :love: I stopped growing in my bush pods because I cant walk to them anymore. I’m actually getting a bush-worthy powered chair so hope to revisit the bush growing sometime in the next few years. Meanwhile a have a plot in our very seriously enclosed and secured veggie patch. I didn’t grow there last summer tho - because we are in a la Nina weather cycle which means wet wet wet through late summer and autumn - I decided the best outdoor grow under those conditions would be none ;)

LOL! Long post to say ‘hi!’, your circumstances inspired me...
:passitleft:
Awe, thanks Amy! I really love that enclosure that you have the plant in in the outdoor grow! I’m having to completely rethink how I’m going to do my next grow because I want to grow outside this year. I have a couple of ideas about things I can do next including changing my location for grow closer to the house .

How do you keep critters and pest away from your outdoor plants when you grow them???
I'm not pastoral I think so although deer are around but they didn't bother. My land is a weird shape and not a natural place for them where I grow. I set chicken wire around them when they were young for the smaller critters. Mostly luck I think.

Back
Top Bottom