Godfather OG Outdoor Grow With Geoflora Nutrients 2021

It looks wetter than the ones in the other pic. How comfortable do you feel with watering small plants in big pots? As Emilya alluded to, that's something that needs to be handled in a very different way from the regular upcanning to ever-larger pots we do for most photoperiod plants.
I didn’t seem to have a problem with my first grow with watering and I’m treating it the same as my first grow but this time it’s outside so I’m not sure what the hell I’m doing I don’t think. They’re going to look wet right now because I forgot to take the pictures before I watered them. (Was Hi lol). The big box fan in the back of the greenhouse is on high and so things are really blowing around in there so that I can keep my temperatures under 100° so I think that what might be whymy soil by the end of the day is dry.

A couple of immediate thoughts: first is that a fan won't really cool down your plants outside, since transpiration is not quite the same as sweating. If it's 100º in there, it's going to be tough for seedlings to grow. Even a 90º air temp is rough when they're that young (90 air temp could be 110 in the sun). Second is that even if the top layer of soil is dry, the area down where the tap root is is probably wet from the last watering (particularly if it's also humid).

You might be better off starting them inside until they're large enough to take care of themselves and then get them accustomed to the outside world.

You might be better off starting them inside until they're large enough to take care of themselves and then get them accustomed to the outside world.
My thoughts too. It's got to be rough starting an auto outside in that climate.

A couple of immediate thoughts: first is that a fan won't really cool down your plants outside, since transpiration is not quite the same as sweating. If it's 100º in there, it's going to be tough for seedlings to grow. Second is that even if the top layer of soil is dry, the area down where the tap root is is probably wet from the last watering (particularly if it's also humid).

OK this makes me feel like that I am indeed watering too much. I also feel like the heat wave that we are having right now has a lot to do with them being a little slow in growing. I’m going to have to do as you say in the future but right now there is a 30° difference between the inside of my house and outside and I’m afraid that I will kill them if I move them now. Without the fan running my greenhouse would be over 100° so I’m not really understanding why that if I’m running a fan and it’s cooling the temperature of the greenhouse down to 85° rather than 100 then why is my plant still going to be too hot??

My thoughts too. It's got to be rough starting an auto outside in that climate.
Next year I’m going to start earlier with my outside grow. I just got a late start this year and had all kinds of problems and if I would’ve started the third week of May I would have the girls growing up pretty good before the heat wave hit. The greenhouse is new as well so I didn’t have it back in May either.

I'm sure they would love to be 30º cooler! Maybe not all at once, but over the course of the day. Can you bring them in at night when the difference isn't so big?

In terms of fans and cooling, fans don't cool air, fans cool people because we sweat and evaporation is a cooling process. I'm not sure how a fan can bring the air temp of your greenhouse from 100 to 85 just by blowing air around unless it's pulling air from someplace cooler.

I'm sure they would love to be 30º cooler! Maybe not all at once, but over the course of the day. Can you bring them in at night when the difference isn't so big?

In terms of fans and cooling, fans don't cool air, fans cool people because we sweat. I'm not sure how a fan can bring the air temp of your greenhouse from 100 to 85 just by blowing air around unless it's pulling air from someplace cooler.
That’s a great idea about bringing them in when it’s cooler I didn’t think about that partly because I’m stoned lol. OK I understand now about the temperature and yes the fan is pulling from the cool air that comes from under the deck because I have the greenhouse right next to the deck. Under the deck is where the dogs stay most of the day because it is significantly cooler under there.

So you're heating your dogs to cool your plants! Seems fair to me. :)
No, no. No the dogs are staying cool it’s a big deck. A lot of times they sleep underneath the smoker or the grill they like to get under the covers in the dark and sleep there sometimes as well.

LOL I get it! I didn't mean it seriously except in the physics sense, since the cool air you pull out needs to be replaced with air from someplace else, probably warmer. I'm sure the doggos are fine!

4B4105FA-0E8B-4473-B9BB-2F3C3E2BD318.jpeg

Sorry to hear this Amigo! But you've got the BIG GUNS helping get things sorted so don’t stress it too much. I’m just thinking out loud but was wondering what you are using for water? Could something have changed there? I’m out of my league trying to help but I always try. Haha. Like I said don’t stress too much. You have one hell of a corner with those members you tagged!!

NTH

I didn’t seem to have a problem with my first grow with watering and I’m treating it the same as my first grow but this time it’s outside so I’m not sure what the hell I’m doing I don’t think. They’re going to look wet right now because I forgot to take the pictures before I watered them. (Was Hi lol). The big box fan in the back of the greenhouse is on high and so things are really blowing around in there so that I can keep my temperatures under 100° so I think that what might be whymy soil by the end of the day is dry.
Hey @RetiredRN hope your having a great day.
Those temps are going to be an issue for you.
Is there anyway you can bring them inside out of the extreme heat until they get a root structure going?
Also I know it defeats the purpose of a greenhouse but is there any way to shade the green house at mid day when sun is the hotest.
A tarp for an hour when sun is beaming on them.
Also a huge ass discharge fan might not be the worst thing.
Just a couple ideas off the top of my head.
When I get a sec ill go back and read everything again and see if I can come up with anything else.
In the meantime work with Emily on your watering. She is good at helping people with that, among other things.
Talk soon.
Bill

Sorry to hear this Amigo! But you've got the BIG GUNS helping get things sorted so don’t stress it too much. I’m just thinking out loud but was wondering what you are using for water? Could something have changed there? I’m out of my league trying to help but I always try. Haha. Like I said don’t stress too much. You have one hell of a corner with those members you tagged!!

NTH
We collect rain water in 250 and 500 gallon tanks. That’s what I gave my girls from my first grow. Everyone is always so helpful and the best in the business!

Hey @RetiredRN hope your having a great day.
Those temps are going to be an issue for you.
Is there anyway you can bring them inside out of the extreme heat until they get a root structure going?
Also I know it defeats the purpose of a greenhouse but is there any way to shade the green house at mid day when sun is the hotest.
A tarp for an hour when sun is beaming on them.
Also a huge ass discharge fan might not be the worst thing.
Just a couple ideas off the top of my head.
When I get a sec ill go back and read everything again and see if I can come up with anything else.
In the meantime work with Emily on your watering. She is good at helping people with that, among other things.
Talk soon.
Bill
Thanks! I will. I just love Emilya. I’m going to bring them in I think.

You got this! When they get going, they'll fly, even the autos is my guess. Good advice from the others.
I sure hope so because I’m gonna need some bud before the end of this year.

Consider your self lucky! I’m waiting on my crop for smoke. Heck I’m at least three months out. Haha. If I can make a crop happen! Doing ok so far. But no worries RN. You will make it happen.

NTH
I sure hope so cause I lost my one gorilla glue auto this morning.

Back
Top Bottom