Godfather OG Outdoor Grow With Geoflora Nutrients 2021

@InTheShed @StoneOtter @Bill284 and every else jump in! Well, my photo period godfather og seedling is 11 days old and does not appear to be growing. It has this twisted stem that still has not straightened out. This is my first photo plant, so I think I’m used to seeing more growth at this stage with my auro:. Do photos tend to start out slow or or what should I do about her??? I’m outside in my new little green house.

738EC30A-E234-4D65-9456-F06BC9E91F9A.jpeg

image.jpg

Hi RRN
Hope your good :)
Could she be acting like a cutting and setting some roots out of the trapped stem? Don’t know wether it’s a possibility.. but could certainly slow things up for a while , I’d imagine. As ever , no help and it’s better to wait for the growers to chime in before listening to my often wrong ideas:)
Peace an buds to ya

Wow nice rig!
I think it's been a while since we saw it grow. I wouldn't know what to do but either fill the coiled stem with soil or a forensic soil search for roots. Has it grown at all?
No it hadn’t grown at all since about day 5 or 6. I’m trying to germinate another one now incase I have to chuck her. I don’t want to waste my time and soil if she wont grow. I just don’t know since shes a photo plant and all I know how to grow is autos

Hi RRN
Hope your good :)
Could she be acting like a cutting and setting some roots out of the trapped stem? Don’t know wether it’s a possibility.. but could certainly slow things up for a while , I’d imagine. As ever , no help and it’s better to wait for the growers to chime in before listening to my often wrong ideas:)
Peace an buds to ya
Give yourself more credit my friend! I take in all advise cause I only have part of a clue what I’m doing and not even that much when I’m high lol!

Give yourself more credit my friend! I take in all advise cause I only have part of a clue what I’m doing and not even that much when I’m high lol!
Hello RN. Sorry to hear there is no growth.
Getting a replacement going is a good idea.
With the growth issues I think she will always be slower.
I've had seedlings stall completely from too much water.
She just sat there never grew stayed green but never grew.
So possibly similar outcome different cause.
Great green house. :goodjob: :thumb:
Bill

Hello RN. Sorry to hear there is no growth.
Getting a replacement going is a good idea.
With the growth issues I think she will always be slower.
I've had seedlings stall completely from too much water.
She just sat there never grew stayed green but never grew.
So possibly similar outcome different cause.
Great green house. :goodjob: :thumb:
Bill
I do feel like I overwatered her and I am struggling with the water because I’m growing outside for this grow and it’s hotter than hell outside. I just now decided to take her up and see what was going on with her and her taproot was only 2 inches long and quit so I don’t think she was going to grow right. My other godfather OG seed just popped when I went out there to check on it so tomorrow I will plant it and see if I have better luck. I knew I had beginners luck with my first grow because this is my third grow and I’m having a hell of a time with it and my second grow failed completely when the critters dug up my plants.

Too bad about the Lil girl. Glad you have another bean popping to take her place. Love the grow house you made. Mind if I tag along on your journey? I’m looking to learn from all the great growers here since I’m on my first grow.

NTH
Thanks! I’m also new to growing. My first grow went well with everyones help. My second grow I lost to critters and now this is my 3 rd try! I would love for you to tag along! I just got my greenhouse yesterday and I love it so far. It protects my girls from critters and any wandering eyes from the neighbor.

Sorry to hear about the one up top but good luck with the new one?

By the way, what's up with the double stem in that pic? Were there two seeds side by side or was the stem of the first one coiled once around in the soil? Planting a bit lower might be helpful if it was wrapped.
It was coiled in a loop. I think I didn’t get the tap root facing down enough. It was just one seed.

Hey @InTheShed @Grand Daddy Black @Bill284 @Emilya @StoneOtter @Auggie and everyone jump in. Well I feel like I’ve been having a hell of a time. My godfather OG I planted a few weeks ago had the twisted stem and I had to get rid of her. Then I went to germinate 4 northern light autos and only two were successful and the one gorilla glue auto I had left germinated but now looks like it’s dying, I have four gelato autos that germinated but have not come above ground yet. I germinated another godfather OG said and it looks like it’s doing better than any of the rest of them and it’s a photo plant. All of them are anywhere from 4 to 6 days old now. I don’t know how much I’m going to be able to get off my godfather OG since I’m six weeks late in the planting for the photo plants and from what everyone one says I’m probably not going to have much success in growing my autos in my greenhouse. My greenhouse temperatures range from the low 70s° at night to the high 90s to the mid 90s during the day. I think I had a beginners luck with my first grow because this one’s giving me a run for my money.

AD9FC7F2-3194-4D9E-8EB4-C6AA33BF5CB5.jpeg

3CC42241-9170-450A-9708-97A4EF30DCEA.jpeg

43F4BB76-8CC7-4D83-874E-887E5B53D56D.jpeg

6CB0F9D6-A922-4BD5-89ED-336181D64D8E.jpeg

9D31EB33-FF6E-46F9-B777-04D0E7F51E8E.jpeg

Hi @RetiredRN ! Let's figure out this mystery. One of our members, @6thsense probably already knows what I am going to say. I think it is in the way you are watering. There really is an art to getting a small plant in a large container to get roots to the bottom and also grow roots laterally, without overwatering. Something has to be in common between all these plants... lets do a checklist... soil, air, light, temp... all the same and at nominal levels. What else could it be? Have you read my thoughts on watering in this situation? The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large Final Container

The bottom pic plant looks like it's in a completely different mix from the top ones.

I like the positive thinking of the pipe cleaners though!
You would be correct! I ran out of fox farm happy frog so I used the same soil as my first grow.

Hi @RetiredRN ! Let's figure out this mystery. One of our members, @6thsense probably already knows what I am going to say. I think it is in the way you are watering. There really is an art to getting a small plant in a large container to get roots to the bottom and also grow roots laterally, without overwatering. Something has to be in common between all these plants... lets do a checklist... soil, air, light, temp... all the same and at nominal levels. What else could it be? Have you read my thoughts on watering in this situation? The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large Final Container
I’m growing outside and I think it’s throwing me off because I’m acting like I don’t know how to water a weed plant properly. I love your article that you wrote about how to water them. My soil is Foxfarm happy frog for part of my grow and the part that has not came above ground yet is the same soil are used in my first grow which was from my local hardware store it was their version of organic soil that did not have anything like miracle grow in it or anything like that. I’m try not to water too much but it is so hot and humid where I am at in the US that when I stick my finger way down deep at the end of each day the soil is dry so I may be still overwatering because I spray them about 10 or 15 sprays from the spray bottle every morning after sunrise.

Back
Top Bottom