GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning peeps,
I have a question.....When top dressing with geoflora do i leave the product on the surface and water in or do I massage it into the soil and then water it in?

My two girls Bertha and Lucy and I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks all :)
when you prep/mix your medium you should add GF veg to your soil, when you feed it you just have to water it nI wouldnt recommend trying to put it under the soil once your plant has started growing you stand more of a chance of damaging roots. I have been using GeoFlora for yrs trust me it works and it is amazing. I would recommend (per geo flora) using Terpenator once a week and when you flower start using Massive Bloom123 formulation or Sweet Candy and of course Bloom. every time you water your plant you are feeding it . Trust the GF it will work

when you prep/mix your medium you should add GF veg to your soil, when you feed it you just have to water it nI wouldnt recommend trying to put it under the soil once your plant has started growing you stand more of a chance of damaging roots. I have been using GeoFlora for yrs trust me it works and it is amazing. I would recommend (per geo flora) using Terpenator once a week and when you flower start using Massive Bloom123 formulation or Sweet Candy and of course Bloom. every time you water your plant you are feeding it . Trust the GF it will work
Thanks Savvage61
I did amend the medium when I recently up potted the ladies. After 2 weeks I just lightly scratched in another recommend dose of GeoFlora. The ladies are looking lush! I will have to grab those nutes you recommended when I flip them to 12/12.

no bad leaf on either plant. well dressed GF Bloom weeks 1 and 3.
These just finished week 6 and I don't think they need any more GF.
Top fed Recharge and Terpinator today and other than that they are swicking up a quart or more per day.

My auto plants ran into problems.. veg stage was perfect. Very nice green.. then quickly turning pale, then Yellow, and seemed like each feeding the nitrogen was to much… not growing autos anymore.. I’ll stick with photoperiods. I did pick up the Terpinator , but not the massive.

I will say it’s very nice to just top dress and not have to mix up a bunch of stuff when feeding.

I’m happy overall with the product, I think the ratios in the flower could be tweaked a bit more.

IMG_8867.jpeg

IMG_8858.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8855.jpeg

My auto plants ran into problems.. veg stage was perfect. Very nice green.. then quickly turning pale, then Yellow, and seemed like each feeding the nitrogen was to much… not growing autos anymore.. I’ll stick with photoperiods. I did pick up the Terpinator , but not the massive.

I will say it’s very nice to just top dress and not have to mix up a bunch of stuff when feeding.

I’m happy overall with the product, I think the ratios in the flower could be tweaked a bit more.

IMG_8867.jpeg

IMG_8858.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8855.jpeg
Thanks Homegrower89! The girls and I appreciate the input. Only growing photos no autos.

Happy gardening

@Hash Hound your plants look amazing. That what I love about GeoFlora you get the benefits of Super Soil without the work or cost all those snow covered bud, just makes me wanna do a Bong hit
Grown on:yummy:

Can you switch from using Dr Earth to GeoFlora Bloom Booster while 23 or so days into flower? And if yes, would you just wait until its time for your next dose/feeding of Dr Earth bloom boost(1/4 cup/2weeks) and then switch?

Im having an issue where i cant tell if I have too much fert, not enough or nute burn or lock out. I just dont know and I tell ya, im flipping out because my plant is nearly 4 foot in diameter and for this to happen now is a nightmare.

Geoflora delivers all of the nutes necessary for each stage of the grow, one for veg, the other for flower, plus the microbes needed to deliver them to the plant, so I would think you'd be fine.

They do take a couple of weeks to kick in and are fed every 14 days or so, but since you are already using organic nutes you shouldn't experience the lag you'd get if you were switching over from bottles.

Some growers do supplement them in flower as well though.

Geoflora delivers all of the nutes necessary for each stage of the grow, one for veg, the other for flower, plus the microbes needed to deliver them to the plant, so I would think you'd be fine.

They do take a couple of weeks to kick in and are fed every 14 days or so, but since you are already using organic nutes you shouldn't experience the lag you'd get if you were switching over from bottles.

Some growers do supplement them in flower as well though.
I would personally steer away from any manufacturer selling a Veg and Bloom formula, especially running organics. Cannabis needs a complete plant food from start to finish and there's many formulas that doesn't ask for a veg and Bloom formula, it's plain marketing.

If I were to use organic amendments like you find in Geoflora I would much rather cook the soils and maybe do two different mixes for veg and Bloom instead of top dressing. It's to much guess work in my book to know if the nutrient are available or not? You remove or better this variable by cooking the soil making the nutrients bio-available to the plant for uptake. It's different in a very bio active environment like outdoors but I've seen people struggle indoors with overfeeding and deficiencies at recommendations.

I would argue that top dressing phosphorous with organic amendments you shouldn't need a veg and Bloom formula since it takes months for the nutrient to become available for uptake? That's why you see people add minerals salts on top off Geoflora''s formula because the nutrient hasn't had enough time and are not being broken down properly and as a result not bio-available, that's especially a problem with P in organic farming.

I would personally steer away from any manufacturer selling a Veg and Bloom formula, especially running organics. Cannabis needs a complete plant food from start to finish and there's many formulas that doesn't ask for a veg and Bloom formula, it's plain marketing.

If I were to use organic amendments like you find in Geoflora I would much rather cook the soils and maybe do two different mixes for veg and Bloom instead of top dressing......

that eliminates about 90% of the nutrient lines doesn't it?

I mixed a heavy dose of the GF into the soil and let it cook a bit before I planted into it. I only top dressed weeks 1&3 of flower, seemed to work ok for me.

I'm not a big fan of top dressing, especially since I bottom water. I'd rather amend the soil and use a tea or two.

that eliminates about 90% of the nutrient lines doesn't it?

I mixed a heavy dose of the GF into the soil and let it cook a bit before I planted into it. I only top dressed weeks 1&3 of flower, seemed to work ok for me.

I'm not a big fan of top dressing, especially since I bottom water. I'd rather amend the soil and use a tea or two.
That sound like a good strategy! Yes it eliminated many brands with 5-7 bottles in their line up. You don't really need anything other than traditional two or three parts nutrients where you can choose to run the same ratio from start to finish, that's running mineral salts.

With true organics I'm more a fan of a no til strategy where you mimic outdoor and add amendments every year, some of them only being available next season of growing. You as a result create a more active root zone that gets better each year of growing if you've done your homework. I don't think theres much gain or need to pay for branding when they all use the same source material?

I don't think theres much gain or need to pay for branding when they all use the same source material?
Convenience? An organic grow in a bag. Not everyone wants to source individual inputs and try to mix them in the correct ratios.

Not your thing, I get that. But no need to rain on every other parade you come across.

Convenience? An organic grow in a bag. Not everyone wants to source individual inputs and try to mix them in the correct ratios.

Not your thing, I get that. But no need to rain on every other parade you come across.
Yes I get the convenience part. I'm not bashing anything really I'm just saying many products marketed towards Cannabis growers are sub par at best at their recommendations. I would accept their approach fully if they actually explained the different release rates of the listed nutrients on the bag to help the grower make an informed decision. Now you only get a general dosage with adding top dressing every second week when some of the ingredients should only be added every month to every two months? I think you understand what I'm trying to explain.

Some of the nutrient are readily available and some other very slowly released and the "mykos" added in do very little for the immediate availability and increased release rate when most dosage of the listed ingredients already been calculated and widely used in organic farming where you've already taken an active soil in to consideration in recommendations for field application.

Yeah, that's why I said convenience. It's harder to overdo inputs in an organic grow than it is with chems, and maybe some stuff like the calcium inputs don't really need to be added so frequently, but not much harm in doing so. A bit wasteful? Maybe, but those that are concerned with that are likely already mixing their own anyway.

This is really an easy way for anyone, including new growers, to have an organic grow. Some (many?) are just in it for the end product and the simpler it is the better.

And it doesn't get much simpler than a top dress every 2 weeks-ish.

:Namaste:

Yeah, that's why I said convenience. It's harder to overdo inputs in an organic grow than it is with chems, and maybe some stuff like the calcium inputs don't really need to be added so frequently, but not much harm in doing so. A bit wasteful? Maybe, but those that are concerned with that are likely already mixing their own anyway.

This is really an easy way for anyone, including new growers, to have an organic grow. Some (many?) are just in it for the end product and the simpler it is the better.

And it doesn't get much simpler than a top dress every 2 weeks-ish.

:Namaste:
I can speak for new growers who are interested in the end product. Because thats me.

This is ALREADY work. So if I had to know exactly what to put in the soil and when I think that would be overload. So if there wasnt someone mixing this stuff together in a bag I wouldn't even waste my time until i became a professor.

Im just on my first grow and with the mix I am having some issues. And its a lot of work.

Hi folks, I want to show you what Geoflora did for me this summer If you haven't seen. I used Geoflora Veg and Flower in Massachusetts for an outdoor grow in ground, and supplemented it maybe 5 or 8 times with a dose of sweet candy in the last half.

They got fed almost by the book as far as scheduling goes. Compost and worm castings were also part of the feed. They added up three pounds of dry bud after harvest.

this is my Widow from clone 43rd generation approaching week 5.
In 7g bag 50/50 ProMix Organic and Coast of Maine
Amended with @GeoFlora Nutrients 1 cup Veg mixed through out and when filling the bag 1/2 cup Bloom in the bottom half and another 1/2 cup Veg in the top.
week 1 Recharge, week 3 top dress 1 cup Bloom and water in with Roots Terp Tea.
I was going to top dress and or tea again but I really don't think she needs any so probably just another Recharge in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom