Germination problem

Tsilo

Hi guys I's my first germination and I'm not sure if I'm doing it well.
I soaked seeds in room temp water for about 20hours than moved it to paper towel. maybe towel is too wet I don't know if its moist enough or not tell me whats good. it's been 2.5 days in towel and nothing is happening I'v read that it may take from 2 days to 2 weeks but I want to make sure I'm doing it well.
Color has darkened it's way darker that it was. it's white skunk it was pretty white when i got seeds I'm afraid I may killed the seeds, room tem is ideal 74F = 23-23 celcius any advice?
I pealed 1 seed of because it was kinda cracked when i got it heres picks
IMG_20161024_225509486.jpg
IMG_20161024_225452232.jpg

when it was soaking in water after 20 hour only 2 seed was drawn and 1 was cracked seed. should i try sandpaper method should i plant in soil?

Don't mess with them too much. This time of year in the Northern Hemisphere, sprouting and cloning are going to be slow. If they are healthy with good genetics, they will sprout. If they are not, they will rot or die soon after sprouting. You can't save them all, unfortunately.

is there anything i can do to help germination? maybe moving to soil will be more natural environment

never tamper with the seeds once you have started the germination process. Place seeds in damp paper towels, not wet and leave for a minimum of 48hours before even looking at them. I recommend 72 hours, at this point they should be germed. the more you touch, tamper and move them, the less likely they will germinate.

today only 1 seed opened up and this is biggest of them small seeds doing nothibg, shoul i have hope that they will germinate also?

:D I'v ralled them couple times :D now i know i shouldn't have done that but is that so much critical that can ruin seed?

crazy idea. some sources says that you can crack open seeds bu hand or clippers to help them break shell and then use paper towel method. what's your idea of cracking seeds by hand? it's fifth day still not cracking only 1 poped and replanted in soil

all seeds germinated in 1 week now another question
now I have 2 seedlings from 1 seed
2 of the seedings got another small sidling and 1 even got 2 :D
IMG_20161102_195231602.jpg
IMG_20161102_195226330.jpg

did i hit jackpot or what? :D

CFL s and it's pretty close it's not stretching I planted that bit higher, any other reasons why it may do that? is it bad?

CFL s and it's pretty close it's not stretching I planted that bit higher, any other reasons why it may do that? is it bad?

Mine always do that. It's what seedlings do. When you up-pot them, just bury them deeper, or bury the stem horizontally, leaving the leaves up. The plant will adjust overnight, and you won't have the stretch anymore.

seeds have additional sprouts
IMG_20161102_195231602.jpg

this small sidling came out of 1 seed donnow if it's twins or sproud from root but 3 plants did this 1 even got 2 small sprouts today I'll upload new photoes.

Back
Top Bottom