GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Cheese

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Wait, so you harvested them, and then after that more buds started growing? Sorry, pretty lit and am a newbie to growing. Haha dude that's crazy, great stuff I am impressed though and hey how long did you grow those babies? Some of the thickest branches I've seen

Re: GG7's Colloidal Silver Seed Project - Featuring Ken's Cut GDP and M.O.N. Blue Che

Wait, so you harvested them, and then after that more buds started growing? Sorry, pretty lit and am a newbie to growing. Haha dude that's crazy, great stuff I am impressed though and hey how long did you grow those babies? Some of the thickest branches I've seen

I'm answering for GG7, but that's correct. Once you flower and harvest a plant, if you leave some green growth and put it back under 18+ hours of light, it will go back into veg.

I'm answering for GG7, but that's correct. Once you flower and harvest a plant, if you leave some green growth and put it back under 18+ hours of light, it will go back into veg.

Thank you for answering, Wow these forums are better than books :roorrip:

Very nice, Bro! +REPS!
That BC looks kinda bare....think she'll make it???

Hey Mr. K!

Glad to see you onboard!

I'm not really sure about the BC. During the veg and flower cycle this last season the bulk of this plant stayed static with all that 50/50 growth that you saw in the October 17th photo. All the new growth and budding came out of the single lower branch that grew up and above the rest of the plant. There is still some activity on many of those bud sites, but the growth is that odd oversized flower style stuff and not normal veg growth.

When I found some spider mite eggs and a few Aphids in that old growth, I decided to trim all that static growth off to remove that threat and also to see if that jump-started the plant into putting out some new veg type leaf buds instead. Basically like the two GDP plants are currently doing. The other two BC plants did the same thing this last season and were both in 5 gallon pots and thus too large to fit into the tub.

Since I had the room for one more 3.5 Air Pot, I decided to give this BC a chance to reveg, but it wasn't my primary focus here. The two GDP plants are the main event and if the BC comes around in time then great! If not, I can always ring up Alex from M.O.N. and arrange to get a fresh pack of BC seeds, but in the meantime I figured it wouldn't hurt to try to bring this one back around.

We shall see in a couple of weeks I guess! ;)

Thanks for helping out with that question and great to have you aboard for this new adventure! :)

Hey Toddigy! Welcome to my latest journal!

I see that Mr. Krip has already clued you in on what we are doing here at the moment...

As he said... If you leave some old growth on a chopped plant and put it under a veg appropriate light cycle (18/6 in this case), the plant will eventually start putting out new growth and eventually you will be able to take cuttings from this growth and clone a fresh new batch of plants! I do this every year with my GDP strain because the original genuine GDP is clone-only, so this is "was" the only way to keep the strain going year over year until Jandre and Mr. K clued me in to the use of Colloidal Silver!

This seed project is an attempt to produce actual PURE GDP seeds so that I don't have to keep a clone going indoors every winter.

Regarding the size of the remaining branches...

These plants were pretty large by the time I harvested them back in early October. Thats why the remaining branches are so large in diameter. They were supporting a pretty substancial amount of bud and leaves! ;)

These plants were two of the six original 2012 season GDPs cloned from three overwintered GDP clones back in March. Its all there in my now completed Indoor/Outdoor Grows journal linked in my sig.

You can use THIS PAGE to check them out at harvest for yourself along with all my other 2012 harvests! :)

Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you subscribe and stick around for the main event that will come in the next few months! :Namaste:

Heheheheh! You know me, if I have input, I *will* put it in!

Hee hee! ;)

I would expect nothing less! :goodjob:

Thats what makes these experimental grows so much fun! By the time we are done, everyone has contributed a lot of great info that the 420 Mag community can use for years to come! Your input is always welcome and adds to the value of the discussion! :)

i csed a blue dream with homemade cs at 60ppm.
it was great to still have the genetics after coming back from a 3 week vacation after harvesting everything growin.
granny did a great writeup detailing everything she did.
Wink

Will pay close attention to your updates! Very interesting, I also am doing a journal. My first grow maybe you can check it out GG7 (salute)

Hey Goose,
Great Journal my friend. I will certainly be in tune with your progress.
BC seems to be an interesting plant to work with. Do you have the specs on this plant genetics?

Mites
I was suprised to hear about your mite adventure. In my last growing season I remember sharing with you my battle with Spiter Mites.You mentioned that they were one thing you never got out in your area. Hopefully mine didn't spread over to you.. haha. One piece of advice though on the mites, once you have them they are very hard to get rid of. Just when you think they are gone, they come back. Another bad thing about mites.. They spread fast to other areas. I would recommend treating the soil, the plant and surrounding area with Azamax.. spraying once every 5 days. As a prevention, I religiously spray my veg plants with either Azamax or Neem oil every 5 days. It really seems to help in the prevention department. The plant sucks up this stuff and the bugs don't like it. Neem is a great tool for prevention. In any case, I hope you did get rid of them..

Seeds
I noticed that you had mentioned a source for your BC seeds.. Do you have a link to this source?
I believe you mentioned an Alex at M.O.N.???

Keep up the great work Goose..
I look forward to seeing the progress here..

Hey Goose,
Great Journal my friend. I will certainly be in tune with your progress.
BC seems to be an interesting plant to work with. Do you have the specs on this plant genetics?

Mites
I was suprised to hear about your mite adventure. In my last growing season I remember sharing with you my battle with Spiter Mites.You mentioned that they were one thing you never got out in your area. Hopefully mine didn't spread over to you.. haha. One piece of advice though on the mites, once you have them they are very hard to get rid of. Just when you think they are gone, they come back. Another bad thing about mites.. They spread fast to other areas. I would recommend treating the soil, the plant and surrounding area with Azamax.. spraying once every 5 days. As a prevention, I religiously spray my veg plants with either Azamax or Neem oil every 5 days. It really seems to help in the prevention department. The plant sucks up this stuff and the bugs don't like it. Neem is a great tool for prevention. In any case, I hope you did get rid of them..

Seeds
I noticed that you had mentioned a source for your BC seeds.. Do you have a link to this source?
I believe you mentioned an Alex at M.O.N.???

Keep up the great work Goose..
I look forward to seeing the progress here..

Hey Budman!

Great to see ya back in action here on 420! :)

Actually...I was referring to caterpillars not being a problem up here, not spider mites. We have always had a bit of a problem with mites here, and oddly enough, I have had the most issues with INDOOR grows than outdoor grows. I've often found that the mites die off rapidly when I move a plant outside but will go crazy if left to their own devices in one of my indoor grow spaces. Probably has something to do with our cold overnights up here even in the summer. That SNS Spider Mite control is the best solution I have found for the problem with Neem oil coming in second. I am looking forward to getting my prizes from the NOTM win that includes a whole bunch of SNS stuff including their great spider mite spray! :yahoo:

The seed company I get all my strains from is "Medicinal Organic Nursery" (M.O.N.) which are based up there in your neck of the woods! I linked to their website above so go have a look. They don't sell direct to the public but supply several Bay Area dispensaries in your area, so I am pretty sure that you will be able to pick up some of their seeds! I would definitely go with their Blue Cheese and their Harlequin GDB at least! Both awesome strains as you can see from my "2012 Harvest Recap" links in my sig. I also liked their Purple Diesel and what they call Grand Tahoe and Grandpa Larry OG!

Here is a reprint of their description of their Blue Cheese and Harlequin GDB strains...

BLUEBERRY CHEESE
(AKA Blue Cheese)

Blue Cheese has a soft fruity kiss of blueberry anchored in a strong underlying flavor that's slightly funky with a woodsy edge. The combined taste is unmistakably Cheese. Musky and spicy with a sweet cotton candy nose. Patients in search of connoisseur flavors will find the yield to be generous when compared to other varieties in this category. The biggest pleasure of the Blue Cheese is its effects, which comes on smooth on easy, and stays very functional while creating a feeling of great euphoria. This medication opens the mind by relaxing the body.

Genetics: (Blueberry x Cheese) x UK Big Buddha Cheese♀ Strain: Sativa-Indica Hybrid Plant Height: Tall Flowering Time: Indoors: 8-9 weeks Outdoors: Early October Yield: Good

===========================================================

HARLEQUIN GDB

This strain delivers the nausea-killing effects of THC without the stony or racy side effects because the CBD is so effective at keeping your mind straight. Hence the anxiety level is much lower. There is a buzz, but it is very energetic and productive. Perfect medical strain that's great if you've got stuff to get done. Smelling of spicy wood, incense, pine, and also possessing a strange sour quality with slightly sweet notes. The flavor is not quite as apparent, but retains much of the complexity of the aroma, tasting exotic but not pungent.

Genetics: Granddaddy Blueberry x Harlequin♀ Strain: Sativa-Indica Hybrid Plant Height: Medium-Tall Flowering Time: Indoors: 8 weeks Outdoors: Early OctoberYield: Good
==============================================

The only strains I haven't gotten from them is my Ken's Cut GDP and that Blueberry Kush strain I grew last year.

Again...Great to see ya back on the site! I hope that you start a journal for your indoor grow this time around!

Talk to ya soon! :) :Namaste:

Finally a new GG journal can't wait I want some can't wait I'll juat settle for regs everyone sells and be happy. Subbed up :thumb:

Hey man! Welcome aboard the new ship! :)

It should be a fun ride and I expect that we will see this one go all the way through into early 2013! I am looking forward to this project because it is going to involve all the basics of a grow, from reveg to cloning through to pollenation and seed production/harvest!

Hey Goose,
Your right! It was the pillars that didn't seem to give you the trouble wasn't it? I guess after being targeted by just about every bug on the planet I get them mixed up sometimes....haha. Well it sounds like you have the Spider Mite department in control I wish I knew about the SNS you recommend when I had my mite trouble.. I refuse to get any more mites, but should the need arise I will certainly have to try some of that SNS.. I have had great success with NEEM though in keeping them away, but you do have to be consistant at spraying upper and lower leaves and branches every 5 days. Once I ever noticed a sign of them then I brought out the Azamax.. That is much more affective at combating them.. But I am always willing to try something that might work even better :) .

Thanks for taking the time to provide the specs on those fine plants and your award winning mite product recommendation.
I might just try to get a hold of some of those strains for my next grow and 1st journal. :smokin:

Talk to you soon my friend..

No problem Budman! :)

The SNS spray is designed for instant kill on contact, so your soil treatment may be better for prevention. However... Last time I used the SNS on two infected plants, it killed them off completely and they didn't come back after that which impressed me! The biggest problem with those is killing off all the eggs on the underside of the leaves which Neem oil doesn't seem to be that great at doing. And as you say, you have to keep applying it over and over again. I am using Neem right now on these revegging plants cause I wanted to make sure that there wasn't any mites on the GDP after I found some eggs on the old growth on the BC plant.

As soon as I get that SNS delivered, I plan to check them again with my loupe and spray any sections I find with mite eggs or mites themselves. So far, they look clean, but you can never be 100% sure with those buggers!

Hey Goose,
Your right! It was the pillars that didn't seem to give you the trouble wasn't it? I guess after being targeted by just about every bug on the planet I get them mixed up sometimes....haha. Well it sounds like you have the Spider Mite department in control I wish I knew about the SNS you recommend when I had my mite trouble.. I refuse to get any more mites, but should the need arise I will certainly have to try some of that SNS.. I have had great success with NEEM though in keeping them away, but you do have to be consistant at spraying upper and lower leaves and branches every 5 days. Once I ever noticed a sign of them then I brought out the Azamax.. That is much more affective at combating them.. But I am always willing to try something that might work even better
permagrin.gif

Thanks for taking the time to provide the specs on those fine plants and your award winning mite product recommendation.
I might just try to get a hold of some of those strains for my next grow and 1st journal.
smokin.gif

Talk to you soon my friend..

No problem Budman! :)

The SNS spray is designed for instant kill on contact, so your soil treatment may be better for prevention. However... Last time I used the SNS on two infected plants, it killed them off completely and they didn't come back after that which impressed me! The biggest problem with those is killing off all the eggs on the underside of the leaves which Neem oil doesn't seem to be that great at doing. And as you say, you have to keep applying it over and over again. I am using Neem right now on these revegging plants cause I wanted to make sure that there wasn't any mites on the GDP after I found some eggs on the old growth on the BC plant.

As soon as I get that SNS delivered, I plan to check them again with my loupe and spray any sections I find with mite eggs or mites themselves. So far, they look clean, but you can never be 100% sure with those buggers!

I had a small spot of spider mites in my Maternity Ward. Scary stuff considering what I have in there. One application of SNS, and have never seen hide, nor hair of them again.

You have to be thorough, tops, undersides, substrate, walls surrounding, and if need be, surrounding vegetation as well. No part of the plant or surrounding area can be left untreated. Spider mites can be very very small, and even though you might not see them, they could be there, so it's best to get everything, even to the point of exaggeration. When you think you've overdone it, it might be time to consider stopping, but give it a few more sprays just in case. They can hide anywhere, and you must wet everything, and leave no dry spot at all on the affected plant, even the soil.

Agreed! That has been my experience with them as well! I always use the jewelers loupe I have for trichome checking to inspect the underside of any leaves that show any brown, yellow or white spots on the upper surface. This is almost always a symptom of spider mite infestation.

They are sap suckers and those spots on the leaves are dead spots are where they have been feeding. Using a loupe to inspect the "underside" of infected leaves will allow you to confirm their presense on your plants.

Their eggs are round, green and slightly transparent. The bugs themselves are yellow green in color and can be seen with a 10x loupe very clearly. They are not easily seen with the naked eye. Just a bit too small.

The mites primarily live on the underside of the leaves, not on the top side, so you have to inspect the underside to spot them, and when spraying, you need to hit the underside of the leaves directly with the spray. Just spraying the top side of the plant is not enough. This is what makes it such a pain in the butt to deal with, especially if the plant in question is your typical bushy Indica variety with a lot of dense growth.

This is why I recently chopped off all that old growth from the BC plant in the tub right now. Just too much there to treat effectively.

I usually try to take the plant outside to do the spraying so I can get to all sides of the plant. Much harder to do within the onfines of my bathtub grow space! ;)

Spider mites, depending on where you are, can actually be yellow, yellow-green, green, brown, black, or red.

Also, it's best, if you can, spray in place. Taking the plant to another location could spread the mites all over your house, in the path of travel, making treatment almost impossible. That in mind though, if it is not feasible to treat where the plant is, a very large bag, placed under the container and drawn up and closed over the top will work as a preventative measure to dropping mites as you go. Just be sure not to jostle the plant to keep from brushing mites of onto the OUTSIDE of the bag. Of course, you could always close the bag, spray the bag, dry it off, and then take it outside............

GG7 that wasn't for you, it was for those reading along that haven't dealt with the nightmare that can be spider mites.

I had an issue of spider mites before when I started my grow outside in my shed. But there were also jumping spiders in the same area. I thought both of them were bad for business so I started leaving my shed door open threw the day to let lady bugs in to handle the problem for me. I started to collect the lady bugs after and put them in the fridge in a container. But then I googled about the jumping spiders and they actually kill and feed on the spider mites and other pest in the garden so I kind felt bad for trying to kill off the jumping spiders. I apologize as I walked away with one of there cousins on my news paper:cheesygrinsmiley:

Great info you guys are giving as always:thumb:

I had an issue of spider mites before when I started my grow outside in my shed. But there were also jumping spiders in the same area. I thought both of them were bad for business so I started leaving my shed door open threw the day to let lady bugs in to handle the problem for me. I started to collect the lady bugs after and put them in the fridge in a container. But then I googled about the jumping spiders and they actually kill and feed on the spider mites and other pest in the garden so I kind felt bad for trying to kill off the jumping spiders. I apologize as I walked away with one of there cousins on my news paper:cheesygrinsmiley:

Great info you guys are giving as always:thumb:

I always get very happy when I see spiders in my grow. It lets me know that I can save my SNS for a real problem. Spiders and Wasps, although people are adversely affected at the sight of them are very useful in the garden. Many species of wasps eat ants, and some eat the more poisonous spiders. Jumping spiders, and crab spiders are a boon to any garden, and should be left alone to patrol the area for pests. Praying mantis as well are a welcome sight, as are lady bugs. Those all remind me that Mother Nature is hard at work keeping the balance.

We get a good amount of Lady Bugs up here in the Sierra. In fact, a lot of the bugs you buy at nurseries are harvested up here in our forests where they can often be found in the hundreds of thousands coating rocks and tree trunks! I've seen those swarms with my own eyes. Looks like someone dumped bucket loads of popcorn kernels all over the ground! ;)

I bet a lot of why my plants get freed from spider mites when I put them outside is due to these various insect predators helping me out! :)

Back
Top Bottom