GHempster, GROWant, ProMix With RAW Growing Magnum Auto By Oasis Genetics

GHempster

Hello and welcome to GHemp's GROWant test and review journal. I will be testing the GROWant GR240 grow light.

GROWant LED Grow Lights

From GROWant LED website...

33_P_1571902780421.jpg33_P_1568857012008.jpg33_P_1568856953315.jpg33_P_1569297246972.jpg

It came exactly as pictured on website.

20200110_160352.jpgGROWant LED

Light has power pass thru to connect multiple lights in series.

20200110_160639.jpg20200110_194213.jpg

The manual was 20 pages of high quality paper that detailed the light and parts that were used. It had all light testing results listed as well as a competitors test results for comparison. It also showed off all the manufacturing equipment and building.

There was a Service Card and a letter explaining the QR codes on light can be used for accessing company website and for registering light for warranty purposes which makes registering product easy. The service card had GROWant contact information and the warranty terms and how to service instructions.

The only thing not supplied was a rope pulley which I have come to almost expect at least one in with any light. But really the pulleys are cheap as dirt so no big deal.

I removed the wire hangers that came with the light and used clips with 2 rope pulleys to hang the light in tent.

As the light was made to be used in an enclosed 2x2 area, I picked up a Mars Hydro 70cmx70cmx160cm ( 28"x28"x64" ) tent for testing.

20200110_160826.jpg

First impressions, the light seemed dim as compared to others I have tested, so I set the light to 12" thinking this will be desired height.

I ran the light in tent for two hours and the whole unit is not even warm.

20200111_211308.jpg

Put the Do-Si-Dos in tent till I start the Magnum's.

Was still concerned that the light was not strong enough so I got out the tester. And well that can't be right. I was getting readings that were astronomical. So tested 2 other plants and all seemed ok with tester.

So back to the GROWant and tested again and well I had to mive light up to 18" or she would have fried to a crisp. Even at 18" this light is outputting more lumens than a 120W light.

At 18" I am getting over 40000 lumens where at 12" the other more powerful light is still under 30000.

After a couple days under this light the plant has perked right up and is looking healthy.

20200114_130816.jpg

Good day, eh!

As I wrap up my last auto run it is time to get growing on the next. Hope everyone is having a spectacular day. The sun finally came out after weeks of snow storms. State of emergency finally getting lifted and things are returning to normal. Well as normal as they are here on "The Rock".

This time around we are growing....

Magnum Auto

Magnum Auto Oasis

Purchased from the great people over at True North Seedbank . I have used True North for my go to source for seeds as I find the seeds are sourced from reputable seedbanks around the world. You get free seeds with every order, discounts and sales running all the time, great prices and have never lost a shipment on me.

TrueNorth Seeds

Seedbank Oasis Genetics
Oasis Genetics is a Canadian company that specializes in auto-flowering genetics only. I have grown OG autos in the past and they have all produced some nice, high quality dried flower.
This is the first time growing the Magnum Auto. Below is from the details page of the strain from the True North website.
Another heavy hitting auto now available; named for the high caliber revolver, Magnum Auto!

With an even distribution of Indica, Sativa, and Ruderalis; Magnum Auto comes on in effect fast and heavy, leveling out before it becomes overwhelming, generating an enjoyable, cerebral high.

Magnum Auto emanates aromas described as citrus, sweet, spicy, and herbal with radiantly frosted flowers, this strain is sure dazzle your every sense.

Including a flowering time around 56 days, a yield of up to 500g/m², and THC levels of up to 22%, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?'

Seedbank Oasis Genetics​
Sex Feminized​
Variety Indica / Sativa​
Strain Genetics Ruderalis​
Flowering Type Autoflowering​
Flowering Time 56 Days​
Where to Grow Indoor, Greenhouse, Outdoor​
Medical Conditions Depression, Fatigue, Pain​
Taste/Flavor Spicy, Sweet​
Effect Active, Creative, Uplifting​
Plant Height 60 - 100 cm​
CBD Content <1%​
THC Content 16% - 22%​
Yield 400 / 500 g/m2​

Strain sounds great and as it is one of OG's newer released strains there was zero reviews on it yet. On the OG website it has these seeds listed under the CHEESE category. :hmmmm:

Into the equipment that will be used this grow in addition to the GROWant light that is.

GROWant LED

Purchased a 70cmx70cmx160cm tent for this grow from @SmokeSara and the great folk over at Mars Hydro

Mars_banner.gif

I also am running a small turbo fan inside tent for airflow. I have a cheap water PH pen and TDS pen. I will be using BlueLabs Soil PH tester for testing soil PH. (this is the most expensive accessory in my garden next to lights). I will be growing this plant from seed to harvest in a 5 gal fabric pot.

I will be using ProMix-HP as my base medium.

PT Horticulture

and to this I will be adding Gaia Green All Purpose 4-4-4 and worm castings from a local worm farm. I will be using RAW NPK Supplements for all feedings and sprays.

I will be using Sunlight liquid soap and sticky traps for pest prevention.

Only thing left to do is plant some seeds.....

Hope everyone is having a great grow day. Happy Growing all. See you in the next post dropping seeds.

I just ordered seeds from TNSB yesterday. They ran a valentine's day sale of 70 percent off everything. I ordered:

3 Barney's Farms Triple Cheese
10 Nirvana Seeds Swiss cheese (Regular)
3 Northern lights X Big bud (Fem)
And all of these from Canuck Seeds:
2 original Afghani (Regular)
1 OBIWAN Kush(Fem)
1 Grandaddy Black (Black Domina X Granddaddy purp)Fem
1 Green Crack (Fem)
1 Zkittlez (Fem)
And a sick Obiwan Kush T shirt LOL.

All of this costed me 110 Canadian shipped to my doorstep. Amazing

I just ordered seeds from TNSB yesterday. They ran a valentine's day sale of 70 percent off everything. I ordered:

1 OBIWAN Kush(Fem)
1 Green Crack (Fem)
1 Zkittlez (Fem)

Thats a great price with endless potential.

1 OBIWAN Kush(Fem)
1 Green Crack (Fem)
1 Zkittlez (Fem)

I also took advantage of the sale. That was awesome.

Cannot wait to see your new seeds grow Captain

Well I must apologize to my 420 fam and to GROWant as I have been slacking on updates. I am very sorry, I was suffering from a bout of anxiety/depression but all is well and we are back growing.

This light is quickly becoming my favorite light. At 70W draw and outputs like its 120W.

The light is easy on the eyes even more so than the QB boards.

20200225_230151.jpg20200225_230141.jpg20200225_230049.jpg20200225_230038.jpg20200225_230015.jpg

Tent temp ... 27.2°C (81°F)
Tent RH ... 45%

Light distance ... 50cm (20")
LUX @ canopy ... 47800

Week 4 Veg solution applied using full lineup of NPK RAW supplements. All were added to water except the microbes and the fulvic acid which was applied directly to soil and watered in.

The girls were top dressed with Gaia Green AP 4-4-4 last week.

Amount solution ... 4L (1gal)
Temp ... 21°C (69.8°F)
PH ... 6.6
PPM ... 799
EC ... 1621

Plant height ... 23cm (9")
Canopy width ... 41cm (16")

Stem diameter ... 3.8cm (1.5")
Stem width ... 1.9cm (0.75")

Leaf Temp ... 24°C (75°F)
VPD ... high transpiration

Over the previous week they also received a vegetative foliar spray 2 days out of the week.

Happy growing everyone and remember stay medicated :lot-o-toke:

Calm before the storm.

Good day everyone. Just out chopping wood and watching the sun come up.

Hope everybody is having a glorious day. @Sunnyskies, hope all is well with you and yours, looking for you to send some sun to your northern neighbors if you could. It is going to turn nasty today.

If it gets to bad I'm jumping ship and going down with you @DonkeyDick it has to be better where you are at.

Seriously all kidding aside I love winter especially early morning. Fresh crisp air just gets you motivated. And of course a little wake and bake sesh at 4 in morning always gets me going. :lot-o-toke: .

Well back to chopping wood.

Happy growing and of course, stay medicated my 420 family.

I’m the same, mate. I love winter too. And I only love four o’clock In the morning when I’m doing what you’re doing. That’s when I’m getting up for work when I’m on roster.
You have a terrific view! One could quite happily park oneself with a book and a bowl and just guard that for a day or two to make make sure it doesn’t go missing. Nice spot.
You can jump a ship for here any time, buddy! I’m willing to ruthlessly exercise eviction notices on the moths in the red carpet and roll the thing out for you at short notice. We’ll bunch up, you guys stay as long as you want.
Thanks for thinking of us, we’re thinking of you two to toot too.
:high-five:
:green_heart:

I forgot to add if either of you @GHempster @DonkeyDick and yours get on a bird this way I’ll fire up the fire :ganjamon: and the fire and get some good food cookin! Always welcome in my neck of coconut trees:surf::laugh:

I forgot to add if either of you @GHempster @DonkeyDick and yours get on a bird this way I’ll fire up the fire :ganjamon: and the fire and get some good food cookin! Always welcome in my neck of coconut trees:surf::laugh:
Cheers Sunny :thanks: This could turn in to one of those roaming dinner parties where we turn up at each other’s with a plate.:morenutes: Your place would be more central for us and I’d love to visit - Newfieland too! I win the lottery, I’m shouting you guys out here til I can pick my broken arse up off the floor and get out and about a bit more myself.

Cheers Sunny :thanks: This could turn in to one of those roaming dinner parties where we turn up at each other’s with a plate.:morenutes: Your place would be more central for us and I’d love to visit - Newfieland too! I win the lottery, I’m shouting you guys out here til I can pick my broken arse up off the floor and get out and about a bit more myself.

I hear ya man! I’m about to smoke a bowl and go scoop dog shit out of the yard so the kids done step in it and track shit every where :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

I think I’d rather give you a hand and chop fire wood Braddah Gerald :laugh:

:passitleft:

That there is proper!! That’s the kind of meal that warms the belly and puts you to sleep! Hope you are having a blessed day my Braddah and warm as you can be.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom