GiGaBaNE's 3rd & Final Journal - At Least Until I Change Country

GigaGrew

Hi guys welcome aboard.

this post will be edited with a starter write up.

ill save you some suspense tho.

2 x dela haze
1 x afgan kush

soil
cloning
t8 wide spectrum

a whole lotta bud both up and down types =D

i will not be doing autos again, the yeilds are just too low, and you cant clone. next time i use autos will be when i find a field in the middle of no where i can stealth sow and come back 90 days later ;)

Re: GiGaBaNE's 3rd and final journal ( at least untill i change country)

:popcorn:lets make ths a big one ok?:thumb:

this one is going to be huge!!! i chose delahaze for its 'clever' high and the fact they are thousand gramm+ producers.

if it goes according to plan, 1 dela is for rush job for percy, and the other and the kush will be part time mothers (plan on taking 8 clones off each if possible) then will flower them for even more percy.

so the actual grow technically starts with 8x delahaze cones and 8x afgan kush clones, effectivly i have up weed and down weed availible, lol.

the great thing is that the kush came free =D

**LIVE TRANSMISSION**
1 haze and the kush have cracked and i see tiny tap root.
2nd haze has split of 20 mins ago but dont see a tap root yet.

right on :)

i see 3 tap roots =D

this warm water in a cup in a warm dark place (i use a cupboard that surrounds my immersion heater)
i do not count it as day 1 till all 3 go in the soil at the same time.

My grow area is much bigger, but will need more light =/
i still have to buy lots of stuff to make this grow propper, but thank fully because they are not autos, i can take as long as i need to increase my grow kit.

i have enough lights to take the 3 plants to flower and i will have a 20 site cloning tub thing with built in heating mat by the time im ready to take cuttings.

cant wait to take a photo of my grow room, but not untill i have installed my T8's as planned =)

Hi guys welcome aboard.

this post will be edited with a starter write up.

ill save you some suspense tho.

2 x dela haze
1 x afgan kush

soil
cloning
t8 wide spectrum

World of Seeds Pure Origin Collection - Afghan Kush
Paradise Seeds delahaze

Every Light Bulb You'll Ever Need | Lightbulbs Direct x20 =D
It wont let me edit first post =/

I use the same lamps, have 2 fixtures with onethat has 2700k and 1 that has 6500k. I use them as side lights to go with my 400w hps. some have told me it was like useing a flashlight in the day. but I think what the hell how could it hurt. are you going to use them with your cfls?

apparently they contain both needed spectrums. i shall be using all of my previous lights as well as these (because ill be buying a few at a time. just imagine lining 3 walls and the ceiling of a shed, triangle roof kind. strip after strip, and ofc they get closer together at the top so better for the main colas. i also intend to make vertical light stands in a hex shape to brighten the shady areas. its the prequel to a plan i have for making 21"x21" light panels that slot together for and size/shape room.

heat management is gonna take some serious consideration.

Im hoping someone may be able to assist in figuring out how to transfer the heat into water rather than my house glowing from space. hell warming water with it may even reduce my coffee's carbon footprint =D

Re: GiGaBaNE's 3rd & Final Journal - At Least Untill I Change Country

30-06-12 (Day 0)

ok yes i call this day zero because not all 3 seed have popped at this time (they do tommorow).
The afghan litterally exploded from its seed and is reaching for the sky! im wondering because its an old skool breed, it knows how to be born better, like humans really...ok were not a hybrid exactly but we are an offshoot of the primates and we are the only ones that have such a painfull childbirth.

i know i said i wouldnt post pics of my grow room till its ready, but i know that 'normal' humans tend to feel time pass more keenly than myself and i dont want my loyal readers to get bored now. =)

this room still has a ton of work to do, if y'all remember from my previous grows, my weed budget is tiny. logic dictates that i should siphon a little off the family budget and do this properly so i can make a profit sooner. but there is a certain honour in my suffering, i can hold the gaze of any man or woman that is against our beautiful plant and say that it has never caused my kids to do without something for the sake of *drugs*....

does anybody hate that as much as me? when someone refers to weed as *drugs* i just want to smack them one right in the mush. yeah i know it IS a drug, but its the condesending attitude, you do drugs so you cant be good at anything or as good as the rest of us.

anyway morning rant over =D

here are a few pics to whet your appetite...ive already mentioned how i want my lights when i can afford to, but im always open to improvements.

like my space and the way im preparing it?
please spout any ideas that can make my world better =)

well gig I geuss I'am guilty cause I kicked my boy out of his room so I could grow in it lol. and I see you took the dinner plate from someone :19 On that note yes it does bother me that somebody would look down on me because I like to grow and smoke pot. the funny part about that is that some choose to think that its their right to decide how everyone should act, to be like them. that because I and you do what we do is the reason all is evil in this world. Its my life not theirs and if I choose to grow my own and smoke it well piss off if you dont aproove! they can sit at the bar or pub and think of many laws that suit their needs and as you said if my kids need or even want something then they are priority 1. looks like you got room up there so grow what you need and enjoy the fact that no one will be killed or hurt by the trafficing drug dealers and the police trying to make monies of your happyness:high-five:

Re: GiGaBaNE's 3rd & Final Journal

04-07-12 (day 4)

Good morning ladies and gentlemen =)
Here is your latest update on my 3rd grow. i do plan to do an additional update in the next 48 hours as some new bulbs have arrived, but generally speaking, ill only update maybe once a week as the plants only grow so fast and not a story teller ;)

Here are a few more pics of my attic. As you can see i still need to do a stupid amount of work to complete it. I detest spiders and as you can see there is no shortage of the little buggers and their webs up here. Even have an old wasp nest up here that i need to remove =/ the natural design of this area means it sells itself to two seperate rooms, one for growth and one for flowering.

Meet my new pots! haveing looked at what appears to be the best on the market (Airpots), i dont see any reason that these cheap ass waste paper baskets cant do the same job. the objective is to have soil that is impossible to over water, and because the sides are exposed to the air and light, roots that hit the perimeter should effectively self prune, meaning no root curling or exssesive root ball.

The soil looks very dry and it probably is. i did not water the new compost when i put the plants in as my little seed pots were very wet, i wastered them 1 litre each on the 5th and will see if they can take 2 litres each today (6th) as they are bone dry again....it will be very nice if i can water these every other day, that allows much more control over nutrient content and defintaly removes any chance of drowned roots =)

More later

06-07-12 (Day 7)

So my attic needs a ton of work and i need more money to purchase supplies like boards and insulation. those f'kin boards are 6 quid for 3 =/

i watered the plants with 2 lites of water each and the pots can almost hold it without spilling, i will get a perfect watering regime down, it definatly involves spraying the outside of the pots.

i just threw the extra lights on to help it now, but i will improve the grow area considerably over the next week i hope. and i did manage to set up lights to the back area so i can work.

anyways ill shut up now and post todays pics =D

I'am liking it brother, you will be groin more than you no what to do with before you know it:)thinking that with those baskets you will just have to water them real slow. so they just dont drain off. but I like them good Idea!

08-07-12 (day 8)
**micro update**
purchased online today - potash!, cloning gel.
purchased in store today - More compost and perlite
to purchase - Tiny versions of my current pots 1/2-1 litre, more lights, more lights, heated cloning dome thingy. bunch of diy materials to macguyver with (not sure how to spell that, i have always called it jury rigged or jimmied).

attic progress: moved my plants, they now occupy the left half of that triangle grow room and my lights are just put in ad hoc for now. 1 wall (dividing the two sides). as soon as i have finished writing this me and the missus are going to sort the junk, what doesnt get binned will be relagated to the far end of the attic for now.

will post some pics soon, maybe tonight or tommorow, depends how far into the project i get.

hey there gig, I was surfen the site and saw aco2generator that you might find pretty sweet at least I thought it was. dont know how to link so here is his thread cfl grow in soil ogkush-Wiw you should check it out

off too look at that thread right now...topped up my soil, moved my room around and watered my plants earlier.
the best way to link a specific post in a specific topic is to 'take its number'...on the green line above this post it should say in the right corner #16, right click that and copy shortcut....now if you paste that link and then take it, it will steer you right to post 16 rather than the begining of the thread =D

12-07-12 (day 12)

12 days...feels a hell of a lot longer than that, lol
My rooting gel arrived this morning. Ironicaly, if this new thing i have discovered works, i will never need it for my plants, cant test them yet tho as they are too small =/

the plants love the pots ive put them in, but the grow room tops out at around 65f at noon with the central heating on....once i get my grow room framed up and sealed better that should grow considerably. would like them to be around 15f higher.

just spent the last 2 hours hunting for bloody rechargable batteries. somehow they always go missing despite the fact i buy 2 or 3 dozen every xmas for kids toys. will get you some pics up asap (2 batteries charging up as i write).

at this time all 3 plants are sprouting their 3rd set of real leaves, the coities are still live tho, thought they would have withered and died by now like they did on my autos...cant complain, a solar panel is a solar panel.

Got the missus on board with growing. Kitchen window is now packed with seeds in pots (a few have made tiny tap roots already using the same germ method i use on my plants.) we have a few veggies, tomatoes, strawberries, a whole bunch of herbs and i have just put 3 apple seeds in to germinate....im hoping that the same pots i will use for my clones (mini 'air pots' like my mothers) will allow me to bonzai said apples =D

ok time to eat my pudding then my batteries should be ok to try.

ok guys, a few hours later than planned, got into a wierd film i couldnt turn off called ghajini. it was a hindi film so was tough going, but if any of you out there like film where you think, 'if they did that to my woman i would burn the world' this is a good one!

anyways back to topic.
Thanks Deege420, welcome to my little space in cyber world =)

still waiting for money to improve before buying all the supplies i need to finish the attic properly and i have decided to do it differently.
right now im using space insulation on the roof covered with attic flooring boards...seemed like a good idea at the time but after lifting some of those boards around today i realised that those boards are stupidly heavy for the roof and will most likely cause a collapse.
instead im going to use celotex and 3mm boards to make it look tidy....shaving about 80% of the end weight of the roof upgrade.

anyway here is the latest pictures. i WILL have a propper grow room set up in the next few day =/

looking sweet my freind from acrossed the pond! hey stop by my place and tell me what you think:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom