GiGaBaNE's 3rd & Final Journal - At Least Until I Change Country

is very willful, SUPER high energy, very loving....but just a bad dog.

that is exactly what the problem is with this one.. to steal a quote from soldier (kurt russel) "Fear and discipline" will do the trick. thos fear of displeasing you rather than fear of knuckles (not that i object to slapping a beast if its putting humans at risk). simple things like growling and shouting, holding them immobile and turning your back on them and ignoring them are all good tool in training.

The key is to pre plan 'what can go wrong' and make an extensive rule book the dog needs to follow. if the rules are the same every day (dispite whatever mood your in) they learn fast.

I am very clearly 'Alpha' of my pack, which includes a cat, 3 dogs and 9 chickens. Two of my dogs reside outside, co-existing with the chickens. The Jack is one of them. She knows her place in the pack. She knows what's ok and what's not. But there are a few things I just can't break her of. Trash digging, running off with the frisbee so no one can play, not coming when called and getting aggressively territorial over the strangest things.

I don't hit my animals. But they know who is boss. They have the fear, but have not been struck.

thats nice, i was brought up a bit more primal. if a toddler goes to grab a cup of coffee i will hand smack, if a dog nips the fingers of a kid feeding him, he will get a rap on the head.
i used to get slaps myself, didnt bother me much at all, did me no lasting harm other than short term marks and a fast lesson learned.
obviously someone with a temper issue need not apply. it should be a calm rational punishment, never an angry strike.

we are one of the few paternal/maternal meat eaters that do not like physical chastisement, and thats a social construc of recent times (historically speaking).

a clip round the head more often for a lot of kids might prevent this 'knife weilding hoodie' culture

What I was saying is I don't strike them in anger. A flick to the nose on a dog, a head slap to my Son when he needs it. That's fine.

I am all for burnt baby fingers. If he/she tries to grab the candle, let them. They learn by it. If you just tell them no, no, no.....they will still do it until, one day, they get burnt.

Is the poor kid okay? Any sign of recovery?

-TG

20-07-12 (day 20)
So, i took these pictures last night.
The haze doesnt seem too bad atm. decided to take a clone anyway, just in case. I know that the plant is too small really to be cloning yet, but its an experiment in survival.

the 3rd picture in the first group shows the tiny shoot i take for cloning, the stalk after cutting was about 7mm long =/

photos1

photos 2
Ive gone for something a little different to see how effective it is.
i took my cutting, then gently scraped off the bark to expose the flesh underneath. i then coated the flesh in rooting hormone and injected a tiny bit 2mm deep into the base of the cutting.
it is now in its own pot, drenched and hiding in the shade of the plant it came from, i will spray it every day with a very low dose of seaweed water.

photos 3
Top - my afghan kush
2nd the root system of the afghan now reaches the bottom (all the plants do) of the pots, its nice watching the roots grow out, they are growing a little faster than they are dying atm =D
3rd My new dog Noodles
4th all my lights i managed to salvage from my last job. most took damage when the roof was dropped, but im bound to save a small fortune out of the ones i can repair..certainly not short of spare parts =D

think i have about 50 lights there, all twins.

gl with the cutting:) and how could anyone get mad at a face like that(noodles)
I realy like your Impovised air pots, one of the best ideas I've seen in a while reps for that!
girls are looking good and I'am sure your haze will pull through!
last but not least if nothing else at least you can scrap the lights that don't work and get a couple quid from that lol!

what i do is cut the top off a pop bottle and place that over the clone, this then keeps it humid enough to stop it wilting, without doing this they just wilt and die, some of my clones took over a week to root so the home made domes solved my problems.
nice looking dog as well, my staff is huge, pure muscle, not sure why he got so big, he loves dragging a huge branch home then chew it up all over the place.

that rooting gel is the exact same stuff i have got, i have had mixed results with it though, in the past i used the powder and had 100% success without having to use humidity domes, but even using a dome i have had less than 50% success, maybe ill give the injetion a try, i tried scraping and not scrappng the end, also i have seen some people that feather the end of the clone, sort of cut loads of slits in it then put it in the rooting gel, try and leave the clone in the gel for about 15 seconds,

Hopefully you squeezed the air out of the needle before injecting it! Interesting idea to inject it though!

Something that occurred to me is that the plant was already in shock when you took the cutting. It may have been doomed no matter what. Glad to hear the haze plant is doing good!

lol yeah i removed the air. i didnt put a lot of gel in either, litterally a tiny droplet. in my mind was heart attacks caused by injecting air, and exploding veins from too much volume in them...ok human terms, but logic still applies.

i think i will wait till pay day to experiment with clones and get a real heated propagator.
i saw where the stem gets shredded and i like the system, but it isnt really compatible with the injection method and by its very nature requires the stem to recieve far more stress and handling. if injection works its a much cleaner and simpler way to do it, but it probably needs a much thinker stem than i was using.

gl with the cutting:) and how could anyone get mad at a face like that(noodles)
I realy like your Impovised air pots, one of the best ideas I've seen in a while reps for that!
girls are looking good and I'am sure your haze will pull through!
last but not least if nothing else at least you can scrap the lights that don't work and get a couple quid from that lol!

i will get at least half of those lights working, all thats really wrong with them is the plastic fittings at the ends got broke off and half of them have savaged wires from the mokeys that took them down( i was assigned a different job =/)

all you really need is the balast and the end terminals for it to work, the rest is just to hold it all together and can be bodged if needed ;)

nice looking dog as well, my staff is huge, pure muscle, not sure why he got so big, he loves dragging a huge branch home then chew it up all over the place.

this one is in poor condition and discipline for a staff, far too skinny, not enuogh muscle and has an upset stomach.
been fed on dry buscuits only. im feeding him rice/pasta with corned beef, pork chops and chicken bits mixed in (20%)..a highly reccomended diet for ill dogs.

this dog does not chew his food, has no signal to say he needs a poo, constantly needs loving (beyond reason) and worst of all growls at my daughter.

its obviously done no leadworks either..think the previous owner only knew to take him for walks...staffs need weight training effectivly, with plough pulling and tug of war games at the very least.
this is going to take a long time =/

one thing looking at your cutting maybe if you had made a diagnol cut 45degrees it would have increased the area to absorb water just a thought seems thats what most people do:)

this one is in poor condition and discipline for a staff, far too skinny, not enuogh muscle and has an upset stomach.
been fed on dry buscuits only. im feeding him rice/pasta with corned beef, pork chops and chicken bits mixed in (20%)..a highly reccomended diet for ill dogs.

this dog does not chew his food, has no signal to say he needs a poo, constantly needs loving (beyond reason) and worst of all growls at my daughter.

its obviously done no leadworks either..think the previous owner only knew to take him for walks...staffs need weight training effectivly, with plough pulling and tug of war games at the very least.
this is going to take a long time =/

do you have a kennel for him to go at night? if not you should think of getting one. if he is done something rong you can put him in there for a few minutes, also it helps give them security.kind of like the old joke put your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for 10 minutes open the trunk and see wich one is happy to see you:)

one thing looking at your cutting maybe if you had made a diagnol cut 45degrees it would have increased the area to absorb water just a thought seems thats what most people do:)

you know me...i have to do my own thing before i conform to the standards ;)

i have noticed one oddity of our plants...stem that is sub soil takes many days to go from green to white, but only about 24 hours to go the other way...not sure if i have a use forthis fact yet but im working on it, lol

sorry boss I ment a indoor like cage:)
no kennel as of yet. breaking him in to be a house dog. if i bought breeders they would be housed outside...this one is just in case im not quick enought to my machete when asleep ;)

Back
Top Bottom