GodSpeed's 2L Hempy SOG

Making the changes I have made so far in the Garden. I, immediately after reading this, went and changed as well my timers lastnight, giving my Veg areas 14 hours light, and re-evaluating what/how I'm going to finish sealing my main veg. room.
:high-five:

Good teamwork guys!!!
:420:

Hi MJ

Yeah it makes sence when growing out side you can get massive 5 pounders and some of the best smoke you will ever have yet we decide to go beyond nature and thrash our lovely ladies with endless scorching light.

Give the girls some rest :D

I'm on the GLR bandwagon seedlings love it to.:cheer:

Will be keeping an eye on your work bro :peace:

Hey GS, just got caught up. Looking good over here, can't wait till the sog starts coming to life. I have something similar in mind, but with coco and organics.

Welcome HMG

Thanks bro at the mo things are pretty simple to keep on top of i will shortly have 1 veg room with several strains to aid my SOG's, 2 Flower rooms and a double tent im gunna doctor to to start a bit of breeding so next year will be action packed!

I will be following your journal aswell bro love the Blue Cheese :love:

Hey GSp I thought I'd drive thru and look and what ya got going. I like to sneak around and look here and there and the White Rhino caught my eye. I grew one last year outdoors. From what I seen heavy indo but it had a low resistance to PM and it was one I had to sacrifice it to the Pot Gods. Sad it was a nice 6' bush, I sure hope yours fare much better. I wonder tho, I always heard not to expose the roots to light. I do remember seeing a guy who used 2 liter soda bottle and PVC pipe and made a bad ass flood and ebb setup Gl in this grow Keep em Green

Hey GSp I thought I'd drive thru and look and what ya got going. I like to sneak around and look here and there and the White Rhino caught my eye. I grew one last year outdoors. From what I seen heavy indo but it had a low resistance to PM and it was one I had to sacrifice it to the Pot Gods. Sad it was a nice 6' bush, I sure hope yours fare much better. I wonder tho, I always heard not to expose the roots to light. I do remember seeing a guy who used 2 liter soda bottle and PVC pipe and made a bad ass flood and ebb setup Gl in this grow Keep em Green

Hey Norcaliwood

Welcome bro, Yes white rhino does have a low resistance to nutrients dont have to offer her much and she will grow pretty healthy. Yeah that is right roots shouldnt be exposed to roots this can cause many problems .. Wile mine is in the 2 litre hempy i just covered them up and uncovered to get a quick piccy!

Yeah i have been reading and i will be updating today alot has changed here one being the mothers system but i will explain all very shortly.

Stick around mate.

:peace::love:

The Beat Up - Weekend update I

Hey everyone hope you’re having a nice weekend. :cheer:

This week I have been busy setting up my flower room its taken longer than expected so havnt been able to get online as much as i would of liked to. I will be taking cuttings and going through a bit of cloning in my updates to come.

The mother

I have been busy pruning my mother allowing more light penatration to lower growth to get her to produce more cuttings to clone. This is the first time I have kept a mother and training has been pretty fun.

I SUPPERCROPPED all her main colas on the 30/10 i pinched the stem with my finger and bent her tops over leaving her spread out and looking very bare here are some pictures of the massacre and the results.

30/10 Just after beating her up
IMG_06489.JPG

As you can see she looks very bare.
IMG_06479.JPG

5 Days later 4/11
IMG_06739.JPG

Sorry the pics are a bit shit still saving for a new camera.

There isnt much going on here at the moment things are slow.... I have just got my seeds so i will be germinating 4 new strains to add for mothers. They are all 10 packs of regulars i will be germinating 5 of each and picking 1 from each strain to keep this should make things a little more intresting.

Stay tuned for another update.

:love:

Hope she survives - Weekend Update II

After watching WR get over her great ordeal and stress i decided to peal back her 5L label and check out her roots... Yeah there was ALOT! Im not sure if she was bound but she soon would of been!

I filled a 50 Litre hippo bucket up with ph'd water and cut down the side of my 5 litre bottle. I placed the bottle into the bucket making the hydroton float, Pulled the bottle open and slid her out.. the hydron was ROCK HARD! I lightly with latex gloves in the bucket loosened her roots up and let some of the hydroton fall off, i lost a fair bit of her roots but as they was only very small ones i think she will be ok. I repotted her and replaced all lost hydroton.

The new system

So i have made up a small gravity drain ebb controller. I stumbled accross a very good thread posted by Mr Smith and decided as i had all the peices needed id nock one up. I used a IWS bucket and fittings from my 10 pot IWS system and a 190gph Water pump.I tested this setup for a week and everything seems to be running nice so today i put here in her new home.

Heres the system

The Pots
IMG_06499.JPG

Controller unit inlet and over flow
IMG_06916.JPG

Inlet and overflow to res
IMG_06957.JPG

2nd pump for keeping nutes in res mixed up
IMG_069411.JPG

Looks like micro in that tank :D

The link
IMG_06906.JPG

And over view of the setup
IMG_067812.JPG

Just after the transplant hope she survives!
IMG_069813.JPG

As you can see she is wilting a little bit hope she gets over it! finger crossed!

So that is the new system for my mother it will be alot easier to tend to her and keep her ph stable and nutes in check. I run this for 10 mins every 3 hours she gets about 5 floods a day. Her ph is very stable at 5.7 and is eating 2.2 EC (1550ppm) of nutes very comfortably as you can see she has little if any nute burns. Shes does how ever have little bit of deform growth from ph being a bit unstable but hey im still a noob and TRYING to learn!

If you are intrested in checking out the TUT for this DIY system here the link.
Mr Smiths gravity fed multipot system

Hope you enjoyed the update sorry its long.

Strains in my bank - Weekend Update III

Final update for the weekend - Strains i currently have some of these have just arrived.

Regulars

Bomb - Berry Bomb x 4
Berry_Bomb_medium.jpg

BC Bud Depot - The Purps x 4
The_Purps_01.jpg

Homegrown Fantaseeds - Original Misty x 4
Original_Misty_medium.jpg

Nirvana - Snow White x 10

Sensi - Super Skunk x 10
Super_Skunk_6_medium.jpg

Feminized

G13 Labs - Midnight Kush x 2
Midnight_Kush_medium.jpg

Barney's Farm - Blue Cheese x 2

Female - BubbleGummer x 1
BubbleGummer_medium.jpg

Barney's Farm - Phatt Fruity x 1

Big Buddha - G-Bomb x 1
Gbomb_Photo_7_medium.jpg

Barney's Farm - Pineapple Chunk x 1

I will be picking a few of these strains to go into the 2Litre SOG, Anyone with experience or knowledge of these strains please feel free to advise what ones could do well.

I will be germinating next weekend.

:peace:

Strains in my bank - Weekend Update III

Final update for the weekend - Strains i currently have some of these have just arrived.

Regulars

Bomb - Berry Bomb x 4
Berry_Bomb_medium.jpg

BC Bud Depot - The Purps x 4
The_Purps_01.jpg

Homegrown Fantaseeds - Original Misty x 4
Original_Misty_medium.jpg

Nirvana - Snow White x 10

Sensi - Super Skunk x 10
Super_Skunk_6_medium.jpg

Feminized

G13 Labs - Midnight Kush x 2
Midnight_Kush_medium.jpg

Barney's Farm - Blue Cheese x 2

Female - BubbleGummer x 1
BubbleGummer_medium.jpg

Barney's Farm - Phatt Fruity x 1

Big Buddha - G-Bomb x 1
Gbomb_Photo_7_medium.jpg

Barney's Farm - Pineapple Chunk x 1

I will be picking a few of these strains to go into the 2Litre SOG, Anyone with experience or knowledge of these strains please feel free to adivse what ones could do well.

I will be germinating next weekend.

what a lineup! going to grow all at once?:headbanger:

Update

In the last week temperatures here have dropped to as low as 9 degrees C (48 degrees F) with casual showers raising humidity levels. Inside the grow room temps have been very comfortable at 26 degrees C (80 degrees F) with humidity wavering between 40% - 60%.

The Problem

While I have been at work I have had my wife (who fills my garden with beautiful fruit and veg every year... Thank you : D) tending to my garden. She has told me that all day she is looking perky and stretches her leaves for the light. When I arrive home I see a similar picture, after a few more hours in to the night she starts to get a little droopy and by the time she has had her 18 hours light she's looking unhappy. By morning she is once again spreading out and waiting for the sun.

The Solution

Gas Lantern Routine

Cannabis needs only 13 hours of light to stay in the vegetative growth stage. The 18 - 6 lighting schedule in vegetation actually stress your plants, grown outdoors they never get that much light in one-day. Cannabis is an outdoor plant. Growing indoors I believe you should try and simulate outdoor environment. No Cannabis growing in Afghanistan gets 18 hours of light in one day. Most strains today have some part India in their genetic pool. Even equatorial strains don't get 18 hours of sun a day.

How it works;
12 hours on,
5 1/2 hours off
One hour on,
5 1/2 hours off.

I have been running the GLR for 2 days now and I have seen nothing but good things. New growth is still vibrant if not healthier and growth is still fast paced if not faster. There have been no droopy moments and I have better control over my growing environment. Saving big bucks on electricity and doubling efficiency is a no brainer for me!

Inspiring grow also using this method
Before, 1 week after and 2 week overview
If you havnt yet checked this grow out do so and hope you dont mind me using this Twelve12.

Hope you are all well and enjoyed the read sorry there is no pictures but another picture update will follow over the weekend.

ive been using the gas lantern routine also! it seems to be working well... but this is my first time so i really have nothing to compare to... the girls seem to like it tho so im good with it

Hey jjames thanks for dropping in :D

Ha no i wont be growing all out in one im going to try making this supply last me a LONG time lol i was lucky to get some of these seeds as i only brought 3 of the strains. Godspeed WAS 2 people me who comes on and shares everything and my growing partner who sits behind me smoking all the weed :D (we share)

Any ways cut a long story short.... shit went sour and he no longer is part of anything and has donated some of his collection to show no hard feelings.

LIFE GOES ON....

Yeah i have been busy adjusting flooding times with the 12 hours lantern of light to what suits my ladie the most she seems to like 1 - 15 min flood every 3 hours.

yes it does... i have had a few 'partners' who said they wanted to team up and get a room going. before too long, i had invested 90% of the startup cash and just when things are getting off the ground, meaning clones, like you said, things went sour... i have no idea why or how, but im finding this to be one of my very favorite things to do, although i do have a kickass partner now, im learning new things every day and thats never a bad thing.

well, at least you guys parted ways on better terms, and youve got some lookin forward to do...

Hi Godspeed - Love the new Gravity feed control bucket.

As far as the strains, the only one I've grown is Snow White. I've grown about 10 Snow White's now, and I really like it quite a bit. Potent, medicinal, indica related to White Widow. It's a lock for a good 2 liter SOG plant, too. 420fied has grown about a zillion of 'em in 2 liters so far I think... ;) Also, one of the most resilient, vigorous easy to grow plants I've grown. Snow White will tolerate high temps, PH fluctuations, you name it. She's a real trooper and a grower friendly plant all the way. Easiest plant I've grown, frankly, and one of the most rewarding as far as the quality of the stone. Smells like Juicy fruit. I seriously would get lost just smelling the stuff. I would literally walk downstairs, crack a jar, and just take a whiff for fun. True story!

Here's a Snow White nug from one that I grew last year... Snow White was always great for dense nugs. Nothing airy about 'em!
IMG_010311.jpg

Twelve12

Hey bro this is a strain i was given, very excited i have never grown anyhting like it! Will be a first time having a colourfull strain in my garden and i guess many more to come!

I think i will wait a little wile to watch you grow your berry bomb then have a bash myself... :D

Xlr8

Cheers bro altho i stole the plans from the inventer its a very neat lil system... :) Why i love this forum :circle-of-love:

I have seen a few snow white grows all realy successfull with amazing fruits 420Fied's 2L Hempy was what just sealed the deal on buying them. Ha yeah i hear you on the uncontrolled wiffing i do it with my of my buds :D

Love the picture :thumb: that is what i am looking for bro tight frosty nugs im not to worried about yeild .. ect.. ect .. as long as i get a handfull of dense nugs with some nice crystallization mayb one for NOTH i will be a happy man!

Thanks for Stopping by guys

She survived - Lease of new life.

Today has been the start of somthing special .. My mother has been training hard to produce multiple cuts for a SOG, she has reached this time in her life were she must part with her nodes and begin to become a provider.

Unfortunately i have been a bit tight for time so i wasnt able to get any shots of her before her chop or of the process of cloning but for the next round i will provide detailed steps and illustration.

I orignaly used a fogger for cloning but i having got my flower room completly set up so i have hooked up my areo cloner and will be using this to slow down production to give me an extra week to get things sorted.

I am doing a small test between rooting in an aero cloner (plain tap water) and rooting in rockwool with clonex gel, i have taken 2 of the strongest of the cuttings and put these in rock wool to give them the best chance possible and placed 14 cuttings in the aero. I will be seeing what happens first;

1 -2 inch of root on the aero VS roots breaking out the bottom of the rockwool

The winner from this will go on to competing against the Mistic fogger cloner.

At the moment both cloning methods are feeding of mothers light soon they will have there t8's over them.

Some pictures of the aero
IMG_072810.JPG

2 Clones in rockwool
IMG_073012.JPG

Over view
IMG_072010.JPG

Mother.
IMG_072410.JPG

Deficiencies and issues

I have been running GLR and this morning i noticed a few pistils appearing on my mother i am going to keep using the routine for another week but if more signs appear i will be switching back i will include a picture of what i have found.

Another problem i have found is a few lower leafs have started yellowing i believe this to be nitrogen so will be upping N in her diet i will also upload some pics of this so any input on what you believe this to be would be great!

First pistils.
IMG_073512.jpg

Yellowing leaf
IMG_074412.JPG

IMG_074211.JPG

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :love: to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom