Grandpa's Second Try - Come Join Us!

Awesome gramps.. cant wait to see the babies in action! ill try to ship the light out to you saturday if the ups store is open. A few... disclaimers about the light lol.. it runs hot. If its running too hot in your tent just take the light out altogether, which ties into the second part of the disclaimer. The light im sending you isnt as good as the one you have now.. so if its running hot dont keep it in the tent cause the extra light it puts out isnt worth the heat stress on your plants. I know you wont be able to see the difference but its not as good. Also it just plugs in and turns on, it has no switches, which to me is a strange feature. But its still a decent light, you will just have to move it closer to the plants maybe cause its weak compaired to my viparspectra 300w. When each plant gets a turn under the mars 300w it seems to stretch towards the viparspectra lol.

IT...we're very grateful for what you are doing, and thank you for those...disclaimers. We'll keep an eye on things after we get it set up and on the timer. You're right, it's unusual to have just a on off switch. But, that should work well into the light rehab now. They are going to be side by side, so it will be interesting to note which like they lean toward.

My apologies everyone. The seeds did not get into the water yesterday. Kelley and missed placed them since we decided which ones we were going to use. She will be looking today, and if she cannot find them, we'll have to pick a different strain or strains. If that becomes necessary, I will obviously noted here. One way or another, 2 beans will be in water today. Plenty of pictures will be taken as promised in this thread already, and we'll start with the final tent set up in my next post.

The seeds are in water, and the 10th is as ready as it can be, I think. We did find the Blue Trickle beans.
07-13-17_Tent_Ready.jpg

07-13-17_Tent_Corner.jpg

Yay glad you found the seeds.. the blue trickle seem like they have good genetics so i think you will be happy you went with that strain.

What do you have for your intake on your tent? Like its not at the top where the wire is coming in that plugs into the light, i remember you saying you had it at the bottom. You may want to make the intake duct bigger then the extake duct to help with the heat. For instance my exhaust ducting is just one 4" duct from my inline fan but i have two 6" intake ducts that run to the bottom and top of the opposite side of my tent. You could do two 4" ones if you dont have 6" ducting, it should work just fine, you may already have two 4" ones so you should be good to go then. Trying to prepare and make it easier for you if the heat is too much when you put the light in there.

Best of luck Grandpa & Kelley!:goodluck:

You have the will to learn from and understand your past mistakes and have the full support from everyone watching to help you along the way!

Keep us advised with plenty of pictures when things are going good and when you have questions as we here on the internet following are just as blind as you are.

God bless you and your devout eyes Kelley on this great journey!:circle-of-love:

Thanks so much for all of that encouragement and cheerleading, everyone! Believe me, it makes a big difference in the attitude. Obviously, the seeds will be in the soil today, and then off we go!

IT...we have a clip-on 4 inch fan that is blowing over the top of the girls and the four inch exhaust fan. I am hoping that the clip on that is mounted halfway up in the tent will pull in enough fresh air and the exhaust will help with that as well. That will have to do for now, as the budget dictates nothing else for at least a couple of months. I like the sound of your fan setup. I think the only thing I would do differently is to put a small oscillating fan in the back of the tent and then get another in line and for the intake of top. But... That cannot happen right now. I'm sure that things will go well although we don't have the proper air movement in and out. We have a better setup this time, though.

You only need one inline fan, for your extake.. it will naturally suck air through the intake due to the negative pressure. Yes i agree i should have mentioned an oscillating fan on the floor.. i have a 12" one. A little strong for when they were smaller but now they like the extra breeze. Just do what you can for now cause you have all the right things to get a growin!

You guys are never going to believe this...but but the seeds are still in the water. They hadn't sunk to the bottom until about 8:30 last night. Both of us were too wiped out to do anything about it until this morning. Soon as possible, we will bury them. I'm simply worried that they haven't been in there too long and drowned. Will plant them and the see what happens. I feel like such an idiot.

As soon as Kelley wakes up to make sure I get the point down and not too deep or shallow, they will be in the dirt. She had serious asthma problems last night, so she didn't sleep much. I don't have the heart to wake her up for this. Thanks, IT. I wasn't sure about that. Will know in a couple or three days, I suppose.

IT...I just did. I sure hope I got the water in the right area... Law. I did press the dirt down just a little. I did soak the soil to run off, so I think we're okay. PH was 6.3. That is after setting for about 36 hours in a 5 gallon pail. Lights will stay off for six hours, then the timer gets plugged in. Any details I forgot? Anybody?

Back
Top Bottom