Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

I may have mentioned this before but I'm just curious...how much hotter is the slab than the air at 1pm? Even without a temp gun (which I keep meaning to buy), put a jar thermometer down there and another on a white table maybe?
Dude.

I used my infrared thermometer.
Air temp is 89.
Cement temperature in full sun is 118.
Black pot in full sun is 120.
Soil on top is 130. I think this is because not enough air flow sitting in the 7 gallon fabric pot.

Plants already in shade are 89 at the soil on top. 89 on side of black pot.

No frikkin wonder I have a hard time growing there. My dumbass is growing plants on the sun!
Air temps get over a hundred in summer.

I’m thinking I need some type of canopy for shade.

Now I know why my 2020 harvest and the 2021 harvest has high THC. Those damn plants were stressed out all through flower. They didn’t look pretty, and I could have dried better, but a couple tokes of Wedding Cake packs a nice punch.

I think I have mastered stress growing. LOL! :lot-o-toke:

Dude.

Air temp is 89.
Soil on top is 130. I think this is because not enough air flow sitting in the 7 gallon fabric pot.

No frikkin wonder I have a hard time growing there. My dumbass is growing plants on the sun!

Might as well go cook on the patio lol save the hydro/gas free stove outside!

Dude.

Air temp is 89.

I’ve learned my Queensland sun is just too much in summer. I only allow morning sun, till 11am. Winter sun is ok, but my lux in summer is 150 000 by 9am. It’s too much.

Have you got no shade points in your yard?

I’ve learned my Queensland sun is just too much in summer. I only allow morning sun, till 11am. Winter sun is ok, but my lux in summer is 150 000 by 9am. It’s too much.

Have you got no shade points in your yard?
Hi Tra!
Yeah I moved to where they get full morning sun from about 7am until 1pm. That’s where my last two grows were. They should be ok now - although not much I can do when temps get over a hundred.

My harem girls look really good today. I can move around as needed. If weather is cooler they get another hour or two of full sun. If it gets over 90F I can move under the patio to almost full shade. They seem to like it here for now. I don’t want them any closer to the hibiscus as they tend to get whiteflies, aphids, and mites.

The 2 mystery plants are still kickin. Looking much better. I keep them far away because they may have cooties (balls). Not an issue just yet.

That cannabis looks happier but it's time to upcan that tomato!
Absolutely!
My wife and daughter started growing all kinds of stuff during the lockdowns two years ago. I was helping, then realized I can grow cool plants too. So I did.

My harem girls look really good today. I can move around as needed. If weather is cooler they get another hour or two of full sun. If it gets over 90F I can move under the patio to almost full shade. They seem to like it here for now. I don’t want them any closer to the hibiscus as they tend to get whiteflies, aphids, and mites.

The 2 mystery plants are still kickin. Looking much better. I keep them far away because they may have cooties (balls). Not an issue just yet.
How long until you know if they have balls?

Absolutely!
My wife and daughter started growing all kinds of stuff during the lockdowns two years ago. I was helping, then realized I can grow cool plants too. So I did.
Yes sir figured the same thing with my spouse no idea how the hell she grows anything in that soil though it’s more clay then dirt

How long until you know if they have balls?
Honestly I’m not sure. I think when the plant matures, females start to show pistils while males have little balls. I was gonna start researching that as I got closer to June.

Today is day 4 no water and they look happy as can be. It’s been hot - over 90 yesterday.
I’m continuing to spray neem once per week, then soap or Safer a few days later (rinsed after an hour). Try to spray early am or afternoon when they are in shade. Saw a tiny spider making a web on Dawn and was gonna leave him but he kinda gave me attitude so I smooshed him.
At some point I will welcome predator spiders.

I like the shape dawns leaves are is it normal or she is a sativa?
I’m growing two strains - (5) plants are basically OG which is an indica dominant hybrid and (2) are Jack Herer (Julie and Janice) which I believe is a sativa dominant hybrid. I'm really excited to try the Jack Herer. I've tried several varieties of OG and thought the SFV OG was excellent! Supposedly the SFV variant is more heat tolerant - which I really need outdoors where I am.

There are two mystery plants lurking but we won't talk about them much until I know they are female.

I originally intended to grow 4-5 plants this season, but . . . here we are. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom