Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

They do look a little small for their age. Here’s a pic of mine nine days apart from feb 1 to feb 10.

6F11321F-B90A-44B8-9AA3-FD96A5DD9794.jpeg

BCC6A86D-A245-43CC-BA30-694D25406146.jpeg

They do look a little small for their age. Here’s a pic of mine nine days apart from feb 1 to feb 10.

6F11321F-B90A-44B8-9AA3-FD96A5DD9794.jpeg

BCC6A86D-A245-43CC-BA30-694D25406146.jpeg
Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about!

I thought I could get away with no lighting, and just move outside each day until they can tolerate full sun and the elements. Oops.

I just got the light yesterday and already see a huge difference. Once these get bigger I'll move em outside full time.

Hello :)

Omg you are packed to the rafters!

I have got a TS 1000 and a seedling the same age. It will be good to share similar age/grow experiences.
Hi Trala!

Yeah I just dropped 2 more seeds in a glass so I should end up with 4-5 plants this season.
The light seems to have made a huge difference - at least so far.

My other grows I had clones that were several weeks old, so it was much easier.

Not much to report from the original 3 seeds. They like the new light and are getting bigger. The light is about 24 inches away and I've got the dimmer set to 25%. May up that a bit.

The good news is I popped 2 more seeds - one SFV and one OG. The OG still has a helmet. Should I wait and let that fall off on it's own?

24" from the light sounds to me like it's too far. My seedlings are about 10" under my light.

If the seedlings aren't stretching excessively, then the light distance and dimming may be ok, although a little more light at this stage isn't going to hurt them. You just don't want them to get all tall and spindly.

Quick update.
The original 3 are about 2 weeks old. Still tiny but growing better now. I think I see flowers! LOL!

These two sprouted on 3/27 and are looking very good!

I guess I could have sprouted and kept moving them outside each day, but they definitely prefer the grow light. I lowered it a few more inches and raised dimmer to about 50%. They still seem happy. I have not watered the 3 older seedlings in about 4 days. Will probably give water tomorrow. The 2 smaller ones got a light spray yesterday. Should be plenty of moisture in the cup if they send a tap root down to get it.

Watch your speed.

They're looking great, GB! :thumb:

Watered all 5 yesterday. Just around edges of the cup until slight runoff. The two littles the soil looked dry on top. Today they all look happy!

Question for anyone who wants to chime in - one of the new seedlings - OG3 - has new leaves coming out that look slightly brownish. Is this normal?

Thanks!

I first thought something had chewed them but after zooming in it just looks like discoloration or dirt perhaps?
They are all sitting open in the garage about 12 inches below the light. Mars T1000 set at about 50%. I lowered the 2 new ones as they were about 8 inches from the light, just in case they were too close.

Gonna tag a few other folks - hopefully @InTheShed , @BeezLuiz , @Carcass @StoneOtter can give advice on the seedling discoloration above?

I've got 5 seedlings in cups under a grow light in the garage. The two new seedlings were about 8 inches away until I lowered them to 12 inches away. I originally thought this was from being too close but now I'm thinking fungus or mold?

I've had a few do that- give her a week and it should just fade away...(the brown, not the plant :))
I don't know why they do that, but it's harmless.

I've had a few do that- give her a week and it should just fade away...(the brown, not the plant :))
I don't know why they do that, but it's harmless.
Thanks Carcass!

I've been wondering if I should take any action (citric spray, ISO spray). Good thing I waited.

I appreciate your advice!

You're welcome!
I think they do that just to make us worry...

Back
Top Bottom