Grateful Bud's Backyard Outdoor Grow - SFV OG

Hiya SO!

So in my situation the summer heat is brutal. I'm just wondering if the heat stress can have a similar effect - increased trichomes? It's also a challenge getting the water schedule dialed-in. The joys of growing outdoors . . .
My guess would be yes. "They" say trichomes get built up more if there's more light stress. There must be limits and sweet spots I'd imagine for intensity and time. Heat is tricky. I saw an interview with a pair of young growers who stop water for x (3 to 5 I think) days and return to it for a short time until harvest. They don't seem to go as far as we (Maritimer/Krissi/Kaplan style) but say they get results.

The two little bag seedlings are not looking good. Not sure what to do?
They just look a little dry and crinkly. I see new leaves coming out. RH has been around 20-25%.

These two (sprouted 3.28) are looking really good. Still under the light in the garage.

And the 5 sisters (2 SFV, 1 OG, and two Jack Herer clones from Shed) outside and looking really good!

No water yesterday or today. So far so good.
Will water tomorrow and give light nutes (FF Grow Big - about half strength) to the 2 JH.

It's looking like I will have at least 7 to deal with this grow so I want to keep them straight. Here are their unofficial official names:

Sprouted 3/18/22
SFV1 = Lori
SFV2 = Dawn
OG1 = Sunny

Sprouted 3/27/22
OG3 = Cindy
SFV3 = Tara

Jack Herer clones
1.1.2 = Julie
1.1.4 = Janice

Last week temps were close to 100˚ and yesterday we had 50mph wind gusts! I was up at 3:30am moving the plants into the garage so they didn't get shredded. Toughening these ladies up for sure.

Cindy and Tara (green cups) joined the outside girls today, but after a few hours they started to wilt a little so I moved them into the shade. I'll move those two back under the light this evening (getting them slowly adjusted to full blast sun), but the other 5 can stay outside.

The two bag seedlings continue to look scraggly.

Not sure what to do other than give them water when they want it.

The clear seedling cup is a brilliant idea! The 5 seedlings have great root systems so far. Roots are down to the bottom of cup. The 2 clones are looking good as well.

Any and all guidance is appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

I love that you were out of bed moving plants at 0300!

I’m totes picking up what you’re putting down. They become family…that you kill then cremate.
Hi Tra!

Yeah we definitely get attached. I may start referring to them as my harem. LOL!

They just look a little dry and crinkly. I see new leaves coming out. RH has been around 20-25%.
Just for fun, see if they look better after a day with a dome on top.
And the 5 sisters outside looking really good!
Looking stellar! :welldone:
Last week temps were close to 100˚ and yesterday we had 50mph wind gusts! I was up at 3:30am moving the plants into the garage so they didn't get shredded. Toughening these ladies up for sure.
IKR? I didn't even put the plants out for those winds! Better to skip a day of sunshine and not spend the entire day lying on their sides. :eek:
Not sure what to do other than give them water when they want it.

The clear seedling cup is a brilliant idea! The 5 seedlings have great root systems so far. Roots are down to the bottom of cup. The 2 clones are looking good as well.

Any and all guidance is appreciated.
Try giving them a bit more water right down the middle as well as along the edges. Maybe the tap root isn't seeing all it needs.

And that clear cup thing is brilliant! I first saw it from either Rider509 or Van Stank...can't recall now.

Just for fun, see if they look better after a day with a dome on top.

Looking stellar! :welldone:

IKR? I didn't even put the plants out for those winds! Better to skip a day of sunshine and not spend the entire day lying on their sides. :eek:

Try giving them a bit more water right down the middle as well as along the edges. Maybe the tap root isn't seeing all it needs.

And that clear cup thing is brilliant! I first saw it from either Rider509 or Van Stank...can't recall now.
I'm really close to giving up on them tbh. One is in a clear cup and the roots look really good! Just above ground looks nasty. I moved them outdoors with the other ladies just to see what happens. I gave a full amount of water to those two today - one last gasp to see if they can recover. If not, I got 7 sweet ladies to nurture. Probably icky males anyway. LOL!

Saturday morning cartoons, er, update!

The Harem is looking pretty good I think.

I gave the two Jack Herer (Julie and Janice) some nutes yesterday as they were showing a little yellowing leaves. Looking good this am.

I gave the SFV / OG girls some nutes for the first time today. CalMag, FF Big Bloom and Grow Big - half dose of each just to see how they like it. These ladies are about 3 weeks old.

Sunny (OG) is looking mighty fine.

The two bag seedlings are still kicking. The new leaves coming out actually look better so I think I'll see what they are gonna do.

All are outdoor girls now - no more light setup in the garage. Currently I've got them on the side of the yard where they get a little morning sun but afternoons are in shade. I'll gradually move them to more sun. Their final spot will be by the pool where they will get about 7 hours of full sun each day.

I sprayed all with Neem a few days ago. Will spray with Safer tomorrow am just in case. I think I'll get into a routine of Neem, then 3 days later Safer. I forget do I wash off Safer a few hours later? I don't think you can wash off Neem as it is oily. I'll stop the Neem once they are in flower.

Any input or advice is appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

Everything is looking great and the JH clones are really starting to bush out!
I gave the two Jack Herer (Julie and Janice) some nutes yesterday as they were showing a little yellowing leaves. Looking good this am.
They were on full strength veg nutes with every watering so you don't have to baby them at all.
The two bag seedlings are still kicking. The new leaves coming out actually look better so I think I'll see what they are gonna do.
Yeah whatever...the consensus is those are males. ;)
I sprayed all with Neem a few days ago. Will spray with Safer tomorrow am just in case. I think I'll get into a routine of Neem, then 3 days later Safer. I forget do I wash off Safer a few hours later? I don't think you can wash off Neem as it is oily. I'll stop the Neem once they are in flower.
You don't need to wash off neem so that makes it easier. And I tend to save Safers for flower when it's the only thing I use. In veg I alternate between neem and 2:9 70% iso:water spray. If I actually see bugs I'll use that ever day for a week.

Back
Top Bottom