Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

Thats a lot of seeds GT! I will follow closely, especially Dr. Grinspoon. Hell it looks really freaky and the genetics are legendary (HOGxChocolateThai x Panama red), I may order some too. :lot-o-toke:

The herbies pick'n mix is very convenient, although I will be ordering the next batch from another shop thats got some nice ACE regular freebies.

Cheerz

Thats a lot of seeds GT! I will follow closely, especially Dr. Grinspoon. Hell it looks really freaky and the genetics are legendary (HOGxChocolateThai x Panama red), I may order some too. :lot-o-toke:

The herbies pick'n mix is very convenient, although I will be ordering the next batch from another shop thats got some nice ACE regular freebies.

Cheerz

ACE is the place! ACE seeds has some nice freebie choices if that's the place you are referring to?

It was time to upcan BH x Nexus and BH x Destroyer, so I got another set of pics. :slide:

I'm finally going to have a bloom room full of plants again. :yahoo: It'll be almost 6 months between harvests when I was used to just a few weeks. Everything in veg seems to be thriving now. OHS goes into bloom in just a few days and Tikal, Panama and Desfran will be ready in another three weeks. :cheesygrinsmiley: I started two more seeds from my crosses today - Utopia Haze x Carnival and BH x Utopia Haze - and I'll have new beans in another week and a half and will probably start Channel+, Dr Grinspoon and Carnival.

Orange Hill Special is 15 inches tall now with 10-12 equal tops, so I'll put her into the bloom room this week. I want to get a couple more panel in there to assist the Advanced LED XML 350. I've been monitoring the Mars-Hydro sale on the 'bay and I've picked up three of their 100x3s at an average price just over $70 each. I'll mount one of them in each corner opposite the XML 350 for now, and hang the third one along with the DormGrow 140W when the next three plants get flipped. For now, on one side will be the XML (325W) with Buddha Haze x Blue Blood under it and on the other side will be the two 100x3s (350W) with Orange Hill Special under them. That's 300+ watts per plant. :laughtwo: :slide: Ima gonna have plenty of light, I think. :cheesygrinsmiley: In veg they've been getting about 65W/sqft under a mix of MH/LED/CFL. In bloom they'll have about 55W/sqft of LED.

Here's OHS almost ready for bloom - she's been showing preflowers for awhile now. She's particularly dark, but there's a lot of indica influence in this strain, so I'm not concerned for now. She's had two Energy drenches in her 88 day life, one of them just 4 days ago. I'll see how she deals with the bloom hormones.

DSCN7637.JPG

DSCN7638.JPG

DSCN7639.JPG

Buddha Haze x Destroyer and Buddha Haze x Nexus, both relatively trouble-free so far. They're very similar in growth but slightly different in leaf shape.

BH x Destroyer
DSCN7640.JPG

DSCN7641BDes.JPG

DSCN7642.JPG

BH x Nexus
DSCN7646.JPG

DSCN7645.JPG

DSCN7644.JPG

Next is Tikal. She's fully hooked up in the new pot and 21 inches tall - time for some training. :cheesygrinsmiley: Here's what she looked like before, with a rather obvious place to top 'er:

DSCN76471.JPG

DSCN7648.JPG

DSCN7649.JPG

So I took the top off ...

DSCN7660.JPG

... and now she looks like this at 17 inches:
DSCN76632.JPG

DSCN7661.JPG

DSCN76621.JPG

Panama isn't in great shape, with weak purple stems, so I decided to bend her over and tie her down. I'll grow this one into a wide bush. She went from 20 to 13 inches tall:

DSCN7650.JPG

DSCN76511.JPG

DSCN7652.JPG

Desfran was also a good candidate for topping. I considered bending her over, but I wanted to try a fluffy sativa that was topped and trained instead of LST. Besides, she had a nice obvious spot for it. Started at 20 inches, now 16.

Before:
DSCN76531.JPG

DSCN7654.JPG

DSCN7655.JPG

DSCN76561.JPG

After:
DSCN7657.JPG

DSCN76582.JPG

I forgot to get pictures of BH x BB in the bloom room - I'll post some tomorrow. Here's what the three girls in training look like in their home.

DSCN7664.JPG

DSCN7665.JPG

And I snipped the tops up and planted 'em - maybe they'll root. :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSCN7667.JPG

DSCN7668.JPG

Killer update, Gray! Your OHS looks awesome. :thumb:

I was checking the umol grid for the Smart Grow Par-Force and decided I should post it here. Duh. :cheesygrinsmiley: This is with the 70 watts of reds turned on too = 260 total.

260w_LIGHT-GRID_12_inches_.jpg

Here are the pics of Buddha Haze x Blue Blood that I neglected to take yesterday - she started to bloom 4 days ago. :yahoo:

DSCN7670.JPG

DSCN76712.JPG

DSCN7674.JPG

DSCN7675.JPG

DSCN76781.JPG

She's only grown an inch though - now just 18 inches tall. :straightface:

Do you remove those lowest branches? Sure looks like a ton of heads! Thats beautiful!

The lower branches stay because they go all the way to the top. :cheesygrinsmiley: But I'll clean the popcorn off 'em - probably this week. It has a lot of top budsites as it it, and a couple times in the past I've made the mistake of leaving too much small stuff, and the plants didn't have enough soil oomph to completely fill the upper buds.

I'll probably end up trimming off another 3 inches of skirt. :thumb:

Beautiful shape.
Is that a bug I see in the last pic?

Beautiful shape.
Is that a bug I see in the last pic?

If you mean that odd purplish brown spot, that's just a glimpse of a petiole. But I expected to see a whitefly. :laughtwo: I think I killed all the ones in the bloom room ... for now. The SNS spray works great but it has a really strong piney/floral odor, so it's stinky to use it on an open grow like I have in veg. The bloom room is vented and filtered, so I can spray all I want in there. I just might begin to win this battle. :slide:

Pretty plants Graytail. Here you go bud! Off and running. :high-five:

If you mean that odd purplish brown spot, that's just a glimpse of a petiole. But I expected to see a whitefly. :laughtwo: I think I killed all the ones in the bloom room ... for now. The SNS spray works great but it has a really strong piney/floral odor, so it's stinky to use it on an open grow like I have in veg. The bloom room is vented and filtered, so I can spray all I want in there. I just might begin to win this battle. :slide:

Yes - that's it.
I'm glad you were able to get rid of them. Your plants always look so great, then those damn whiteflies show up. Now they will be perfect!
Best of luck keeping them out of your garden.

:cheer:

Great update Graytail! It looks to me like you have a different phenotype of Tikal than me. You're gonna get one of the strawberry ones I think. Mine is very sativa looking. Beware mine quadrupled in size. I think it was about 12" when I flowered her and she has 4 tops over 4' the rest are about 3.5'. I really want the strawberry gigglely one.

ACE is the place! ACE seeds has some nice freebie choices if that's the place you are referring to?

I was actually referring to another seed shop, but I think its not sponsored and I don´t wanna get banned so early :straightface: I haven´t looked at the Freebies on Ace seeds. Might do as well, if they do discreet shipping. :reading420magazine:

Yes - that's it.
I'm glad you were able to get rid of them. Your plants always look so great, then those damn whiteflies show up. Now they will be perfect!
Best of luck keeping them out of your garden.

:cheer:

I think GT´s room is back on track. When the brix gets going, theres no pest that can keep up with these girls :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom