Green-o-Matic PC Grow 2010

quick update.

they are growing nicely.
with the fabric pots im using i have to water it alot.
about every two days the soil is dry.

here is a couple pics.
the first one is the best one so far.
the leafs are nice and green.
the second one is a little smaller, and one of the new leafs is growing in a little crooked. the leafs are not as wide as the first. it seems to be growing well tho.
i cant upload attachments yet. so i gotta put them on a photo service.

these pics are about day 6.

dfdms2.jpg

2vlk0om.jpg

I do have one questions about a filter for the smell.
i can already smell them a little bit.
i was thinking about placing a carbon filter on the exhaust fan.
but what kind? i don't want to get one that's to thick. it'll block the exhaust.
does anyone know what kind i should be looking for?

I have a Can Filter and they are cheap and work well, doesn't restrict much air flow. I got mine with the flange adapter for about $65.
DSCN01611.jpg

Hey, buddy, looks like you're right on track. A couple of small plants aren't going to put off a ton of smell. If you're worried about it check out some stuff called ONA block. It costs about 7 bucks and it will work well in a confined space. Very stealthy. Your progress looks good. Later.

ONA block sounds perfect.
I'm gonna have to order some.
thanks a ton.

2 plants may not put off much smell. but i have a fairly small room.
when these things start stinking you'll defiantly be able to smell em.

I'm definitely in on this grow, I might be doing something similar in the future with some auto-dwarfs. This is just a thought, but maybe affixing some dryer sheets(fabric softener) to the outside of the exhaust case would work? Its super cheap, replaceable, and depending on the brand it could leave a nice smell in the room! Ive used them to mask the smell of exhaled smoke, and they work pretty damn well on that. Only thing is you want to make sure that no air passes through the sheet INTO the plant chamber; I dont know what--if anything--this would do to the plants ecosystem. Another thought that just came to mind is odor-eating CFLs. My current grow has one of them in a cab, its only a 2700k at 23 watts, so its good for flowering (plus I think thats when they stink more).

Mad props (and +reps) on the PC case setup. I have a Sunbeam Transformer case I might be rigging up like this...its about 21"x9"x19" HxWxD, so I think Ive got room...

Nice n healthy. Once you harvest these you're going to be planning a full scale grow room. I'm anxious to see what these babies yield. Good job, brother.

heh, thanks.
I don't have the space for a full grow room.
I MIGHT be able to get a closet grow.
but right now i wanna see how this grow goes.

i must say im surprised how much they have grown in just the last day.
before that they were growing slow and steady, then BOOM!
cant wait to see how fast they grow from her on out.

when do i start worrying about LST?
i read somewhere that around 3 weeks.
but these are auto's so i got no idea.

Wait another week or two. Really you can begin training them whenever but I start mine once they're about 8 inches. The stem is still plenty green and flexible, yet has some strength at that point.

yea, i really dont want to start to early.
last thing i want is to snap the stem.
plus they are far from tall enough to really do much of anything.

Don't worry about snapping the stem. You could damn near tie it in a knot when it's young and supple. Even if it does break, she will repair herself and come back stronger. I had a couple males I was experimenting on. I broke the stem in 5 places and two days later the tops were reaching towards the light. It's pretty hard to kill marijuana.

Back
Top Bottom