Greenhouse Perpetual Grow In The Tropics

I found one all-CBD regular. I did not buy it because that merchant wanted Bitcoin (and I don't do Bitcoin).
Do you want it enough for me to go dig out the link? It would probably take me about 20 minutes.
I have to go now, but I hope to check in tomorrow night, Father willing.
I'm good, thanks... I've already scoped my next seed purchase.

Here's one

Ok, thanks again for this interesting link.
It says there are three different phenos.
Pheno A seems very interesting (but not the other two).

I don't know anything about breeding.
If I buy this strain, how could I select only for Pheno A?
Would I grow the seeds, separate the males, and then hit the females with pollen from the best looking male?
And then grow those seeds out?
And then use one of the new baby males to breed back to a female of the original line?

Or how would I best select for Pheno A?
(Because the other two phenos are not interesting to me at all).
It seems kind of like a pain to grow out 10 seeds on the promise that 2 or 3 of them will be Pheno A (hopefully a male and a female)--but then how many plants do you have to grow out to get your end-plant?
Or seems too bad they don't also sell Pheno A stabilized (or I would probably buy it, as it looks very interesting).
Or is my thinking sideways?

In fact, thanks to a recent study carried out by James Farmer of www.seedsofkismet.com on this second (P2) Hokkaido generation that we offer you in this release, 3 main phenotypes have been identified in this strain according to their different chemotypes on main cannabinoids:

Group A → High CBD content (10 %), moderate THC content (5,5 %), high CBG content (3%) and a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio. Notable increased terpenes in this genotype across the board, with much stronger and appealing aromas than the rest.

Group B → High CBD content (9-12 %), very low THC content (0,4-0,5 %), low CBG content (0,6-0,8 %) and a 22-25:1 CBD:THC ratio.

Group C → Low-moderate CBD content (2 %), extremely low THC content (0,1%), extremely low CBG content (0,05-0,1 %) and a 22-25:1 CBD:THC ratio.

Therefore, this genetics can lead to the development of 3 lines with different purposes, depending on the chemotypes used in their stabilization:

A) Psychoactive strain rich in THC, CBD and CBG.
B) Rich CBD hemp strain.
C) Hemp strain without relevance in cannabinoid content.

Ok, thanks again for this interesting link.
It says there are three different phenos.
Pheno A seems very interesting (but not the other two).
I personally would go for Pheno B... 9-12% CBD, <1% THC. But Pheno A is also interesting.

I don't know anything about breeding.
If I buy this strain, how could I select only for Pheno A?
Would I grow the seeds, separate the males, and then hit the females with pollen from the best looking male?
And then grow those seeds out?
And then use one of the new baby males to breed back to a female of the original line?

Or how would I best select for Pheno A?
(Because the other two phenos are not interesting to me at all).
It seems kind of like a pain to grow out 10 seeds on the promise that 2 or 3 of them will be Pheno A (hopefully a male and a female)--but then how many plants do you have to grow out to get your end-plant?
Or seems too bad they don't also sell Pheno A stabilized (or I would probably buy it, as it looks very interesting).
Or is my thinking sideways?
How I would do it... Buy more than 10 seeds, at least 20. Grow them all out. Probably dispose of the males because any pollen from them will again produce mystery phenos. Grow out all the females in 5 gal pots, label them with numbers. Take cuttings from all the females, and label these according to the mom. Start clones. Flower all moms as soon as they're ready. Look for phenotypic differences in these females in flower. Have some of the buds tested by a lab... cannabinoid analysis. Depending on your lab results, then correlate the best buds to the clones. Now you have young plants of the ones you would like to cultivate. If you want to breed and produce seed, then grow out 2 clones of the same pheno – reverse one of these and produce pollen, and pollinate the other.

:tommy:

I personally would go for Pheno B... 9-12% CBD, <1% THC. But Pheno A is also interesting.

How I would do it... Buy more than 10 seeds, at least 20. Grow them all out. Probably dispose of the males because any pollen from them will again produce mystery phenos. Grow out all the females in 5 gal pots, label them with numbers. Take cuttings from all the females, and label these according to the mom. Start clones. Flower all moms as soon as they're ready. Look for phenotypic differences in these females in flower. Have some of the buds tested by a lab... cannabinoid analysis. Depending on your lab results, then correlate the best buds to the clones. Now you have young plants of the ones you would like to cultivate. If you want to breed and produce seed, then grow out 2 clones of the same pheno – reverse one of these and produce pollen, and pollinate the other.

Ok, assuming I could figure out how to successfully clone seedlings organically (it's done all the time, right?), this would yield regular seeds? Or all feminized?
I will probably take some ridicule for this, but I am trying to transition to all-organic, regulars only.
Is it possible that there is a black CBD regular that has been more or less stablized at 1:1? (Or not really?)

There is another one called "Sweet Willy" (I am not sure if it is by a sponsor...) but it is the same thing, 4 phenos.

I would love to learn to breed, but just being realistic, I don't have the time.
Right now I am still with autos while we are living with night security lights.
The visa situation is kind of up in the air right now. If it comes down right, hopefully we will move soon, probably to a different place (while we build), but we have to see. Probably a secure rental will still be night lights, so more autos--so I don't know what my hurry is!

Alternately, if the visa does not work out I will need to change countries, and may need to go to an indoor "gorilla grow" scenario until such time as I can get a medical license. (I should qualify, but paperwork can take a really long time here).
I am very much hoping that it does not come to that, but it very well could. And we are hoping for that news this week, so we are in prayer here.

In the meantime, I am trying to selectively collect more CBD regulars, but pretty much +/- 1:1 seems to work best for me.
So, at the minute I think I just need to keep looking for a stabilized 1:1 black CBD. I've got lots of other seeds to work with in the meantime.

I really hope we get to stay in Colombia! :adore:

Ok, assuming I could figure out how to successfully clone seedlings organically (it's done all the time, right?), this would yield regular seeds? Or all feminized?
see My cloning technique in my signature. Cloning just duplicates the genetics of the female plant. When you reverse the flower, you are turning a female flower into a male flower, using gibberellic acid or coloidal silver. That pollen can then be used to fertilize another female, but the seed produced will be all female.

If you grew "black" CBD females, you could also cross breed with a regular male of some stable CBD strain – you might get black and non-black offspring.

Is it possible that there is a black CBD regular that has been more or less stablized at 1:1? (Or not really?)
I have seen A LOT of CBD varieties... can't think of another black one. Check the European seed sellers. Maybe Spain.

There is another one called "Sweet Willy" (I am not sure if it is by a sponsor...) but it is the same thing, 4 phenos.
I've heard of "Willy G's Lebanese", but it's not black.

In the meantime, I am trying to selectively collect more CBD regulars, but pretty much +/- 1:1 seems to work best for me.
I think mixing dried buds in the grinder is the way to go, because you have more control that way. So you can grow a 10 or 20% CBD, and then both THC indica and sativa.

see My cloning technique in my signature. Cloning just duplicates the genetics of the female plant. When you reverse the flower, you are turning a female flower into a male flower, using gibberellic acid or coloidal silver. That pollen can then be used to fertilize another female, but the seed produced will be all female.

If you grew "black" CBD females, you could also cross breed with a regular male of some stable CBD strain – you might get black and non-black offspring.

I have seen A LOT of CBD varieties... can't think of another black one. Check the European seed sellers. Maybe Spain.

I've heard of "Willy G's Lebanese", but it's not black.

I think mixing dried buds in the grinder is the way to go, because you have more control that way. So you can grow a 10 or 20% CBD, and then both THC indica and sativa.

Sorry, got to run.
You can find it by searching for "Black Willie CBD", by oldschoolba
I hope that is helpful!
I hope to be back soon.

You can find it by searching for "Black Willie CBD", by oldschoolba
Yes, it's a strain from 2015... "1st Place for High CBD in 2015 High Time Cannabis Cup".

A lot has happened with people breeding CBD varieties over the last 8 years. Although I can't find any numbers, Black Willie CBD is likely a THC variety with "high" CBD, which might mean 2-5%, I don't know.. I can't find any THC or CBD percent listed on any seed website or anywhere.

I saw one grow journal... it was green, not "black".

Grow update! PART 1 - Harvest

Saturday I harvested the Blue Dream-X. I was inspecting for bud rot and my eye caught a very slight sign of something... almost like I saw it energetically. I put my scope on it and sure enough... the very beginnings of bud rot (first photo).

So I was forced to harvest. I was pretty good with the amount of milky trichs, and there were some amber as well. I found the mold in the afternoon, and then sprayed the plant down with peroxide solution – think of it as a bud wash while they're on the plant. In the evening I harvested by green headlamp (flower house) and then eventually started trimming that night... it was a very late night!

I didn't see any rot on any of the other buds, BUT... given how difficult (impossible) these fine filaments are to see, I can guarantee there was more of this. The peroxide wash probably helped kill this back, but some of it is probably not reached by the peroxide. Drying will further kill it.

The very beginnings of bud rot... fine fungal filaments aka hyphae. This was taken with my Celestron microscope.
early bud rot1.jpg

After I took this shot with the Celestron, I wondered how my new phone camera would do, macro lens (photo below). It was really hard to even find the filaments with the camera, and I was only able to get one poor quality shot with visible filament. I'm not sure why those photos didn't come out, but I think it's because I was trying to get too close with the macro lens, and maybe also because I didn't use a tripod.

phone pic1.png

Hahaha, here' an idea.
I was trying to come up with a solution that could work well for everyone.
If I like Pheno A and you like Pheno B, and you have time and space to grow them out (and I don't), would it work if I had the seeds sent to you, and then you grew them out, and then you send me some of the Type A phenos, and you keep Type B for yourself? (I would gladly pay for the postage.)
Plus, you have the black cat, and you like Haiku! So it seems like a good fit for a Japanese landrace, hahaha! The seeds would feel right at home.
Plus you are already set up for cloning!
What do you think? Hahaha.

Grow update! PART 1 - Harvest

Saturday I harvested the Blue Dream-X. I was inspecting for bud rot and my eye caught a very slight sign of something... almost like I saw it energetically. I put my scope on it and sure enough... the very beginnings of bud rot (first photo).

So I was forced to harvest. I was pretty good with the amount of milky trichs, and there were some amber as well. I found the mold in the afternoon, and then sprayed the plant down with peroxide solution – think of it as a bud wash while they're on the plant. In the evening I harvested by green headlamp (flower house) and then eventually started trimming that night... it was a very late night!

I didn't see any rot on any of the other buds, BUT... given how difficult (impossible) these fine filaments are to see, I can guarantee there was more of this. The peroxide wash probably helped kill this back, but some of it is probably not reached by the peroxide. Drying will further kill it.

The very beginnings of bud rot... fine fungal filaments aka hyphae. This was taken with my Celestron microscope.
early bud rot1.jpg

After I took this shot with the Celestron, I wondered how my new phone camera would do, macro lens (photo below). It was really hard to even find the filaments with the camera, and I was only able to get one poor quality shot with visible filament. I'm not sure why those photos didn't come out, but I think it's because I was trying to get too close with the macro lens, and maybe also because I didn't use a tripod.

phone pic1.png

Woosh! That IS fine, isn't it??
Glad you were tuned into the plants, and caught that!

Hahaha, here' an idea.
I was trying to come up with a solution that could work well for everyone.
If I like Pheno A and you like Pheno B, and you have time and space to grow them out (and I don't), would it work if I had the seeds sent to you, and then you grew them out, and then you send me some of the Type A phenos, and you keep Type B for yourself? (I would gladly pay for the postage.)
Plus, you have the black cat, and you like Haiku! So it seems like a good fit for a Japanese landrace, hahaha! The seeds would feel right at home.
Plus you are already set up for cloning!
What do you think? Hahaha.
sadly, I can't send you clones. and breeding is sort of a distant idea for me... I've got too many projects... WAY too many as it is. ;)

sadly, I can't send you clones. and breeding is sort of a distant idea for me... I've got too many projects... WAY to many as it is. ;)

Hahahaha, I was thinking seeds, but yeah, I TOTALLY get it!
I want to learn breeding, but it looks like a multi-year project, and I am scrambling each week as it is.
I think my best bet is to keep collecting 1:1 CBD regulars as I find them, and then maybe someday one of the breeders will make a 1:1 stabilized CBD black.
I found a dark blue, Medicann Blue Blood CBD. Maybe Medicann will make one in black?
And in the meantime I have wayyyyyyyy too many strains to grow out!
(So many strains, so little time!!)
But thanks, I was thinking about you and your Haiku black cat tending the girls, and it felt good.
(I was pretty sure you were going to balk, haha! But no harm in trying, hahaha....)

Oh yeah, me and Chunky Boy are totally into growing some black Japanese CBD plants! :tommy:

Hahaha, if you had the phenos identified, you could start your own seed shop! Haha.

Hahaha, "Chunky Boy's Doob Seeds!"
(or CBD Seeds, for short! Haha!)

Well, I guess "CBD Seeds" is taken, but what about "Chunky Boy's Doob Hemp Seeds"?
(CBD Hemp Seeds! Haha!)
(Just joking!)

I think my best bet is to keep collecting 1:1 CBD regulars as I find them, and then maybe someday one of the breeders will make a 1:1 stabilized CBD black.
Why don't you just grow a plant heavy in thc and another heavy in cbd and mix them yourself at time of use like we discussed before?

Lot's more flexibility and nearly unlimited strains to choose from. That way you could more easily mix and match and find the true ideal mix. Maybe for you it's really 60/40 rather than 50/50, but if you just grown one strain you are limited to whatever the plant genetics provide.

Why don't you just grow a plant heavy in thc and another heavy in cbd and mix them yourself at time of use like we discussed before?

Lot's more flexibility and nearly unlimited strains to choose from. That way you could more easily mix and match and find the true ideal mix. Maybe for you it's really 60/40 rather than 50/50, but if you just grown one strain you are limited to whatever the plant genetics provide.

Uff! Oy....
Well, yes, we did discuss that before. And I have been looking for all-CBD auto regulars ever since!

Once I get out from under the security lights, I can switch to photos.
I have several all-CBD photo regulars and fems that I can grow--but at the moment I am still under the night security lights (which means autos only), and some others suggested 1:1 for now.
At the moment I am basically collecting CBD regulars.

I found some Haze auto regulars that I could grow. Those would give a much bigger harvest, but they also take 4.5 months to flower out, and right now I am buying my vape.
I am also trying not to have any big plants in case we get to move soon (hopefully inside Colombia). I am trying to turn a bunch of 60-75-day plants as reasonably soon as I can, to stuff some jars, to get ready for this move.

If I can ever make it to a greenhouse in a place it is legal to grow, then I will have it made.
And in the meantime, I am learning lots about helping María and Juana grow that I never knew before!
So I am enjoying the autos, if only because it forces me to pay attention!
And if an all-CBD regular shows up, I hope to collect it!

I hope I am answering your questions well.
Please ask questions if I have not.

Oh yeah, me and Chunky Boy are totally into growing some black Japanese CBD plants! :tommy:

Oh! Medicann Black Blood (not sure if they are a sponsor)!
It is not 1:1 (like Blue Blood CBD), but it has 5% CBD.
That should work!

Back
Top Bottom