Greenhouse Perpetual Grow In The Tropics

Can't you find high cbd autos and also high thc autos? I would think both would be much easier to find than the 1:1 strains you're seeking. It's not like you only have room for a single plant.

At least that's the direction I've gone. Lots more selection on the front end, and better flexibility to target specific ratios when using.

Can't you find high cbd autos and also high thc autos? I would think both would be much easier to find than the 1:1 strains you're seeking. It's not like you only have room for a single plant.

At least that's the direction I've gone. Lots more selection on the front end, and better flexibility to target specific ratios when using.

Well, good questions.
I can find lots of high-yield, high-CBD regular photos.
You can buy the seed by the ounce for cheap! (Like $80.USD)

But I am still looking for a high-yield, high-CBD regular auto.
Probably there is one out there? But I have not found it yet.

Anyway, Halleluyah!! My visa got approved today, so I can stay in Colombia!! Woo-hoo!!

:adore: :adore:

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Probably we will move to a new temporary location while we build, and I will set up a new thread based on the new (rented) grow space.
Then I will probably start another thread when we get the greenhouses set up.
(It makes sense to arrange it by grow space.)
The timeframe for all of this is months (maybe a year).

I may still be with autos for a while, but I can already see light at the end of the tunnel.
If they keep growing like this, I won't have any problems soon.
And then in not too long I can go back to photos, and then Father willing, quantity should not be an issue again.

Grow update! PART 2 - Trimming

Here's some pics from the trimming of the Blue Dream-X, last Sunday in the wee hours.

Buds were easy to trim... no sign of bud rot. The amount of trim was smaller than typical for me, which is cool. The buds had a cheesy aroma... lots of resin.

bud_and_scissor1.jpg

blue_dream_bud1.jpg

buds_in_a_leaf1.jpg

The realm of the trichomes
trichomes1.jpg

trichomes2.jpg

trichomes3.jpg

"Three calyxes" (false color)
three_calyxes2.jpg

This shot reminds me of a cuttlefish with tentacles
cuttlefish_bud2.jpg

Grow update! PART 2 - Trimming

Here's some pics from the trimming of the Blue Dream-X, last Sunday in the wee hours.

Buds were easy to trim... no sign of bud rot. The amount of trim was smaller than typical for me, which is cool. The buds had a cheesy aroma... lots of resin.

bud_and_scissor1.jpg

blue_dream_bud1.jpg

buds_in_a_leaf1.jpg

The realm of the trichomes
trichomes1.jpg

trichomes2.jpg

trichomes3.jpg

"Three calyxes" (false color)
three_calyxes2.jpg

This shot reminds me of a cuttlefish with tentacles
cuttlefish_bud2.jpg
Cuttlefish here don't look that good. :drool:
Beautiful.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

I harvested the Gelato-X today... just did some trimming tonight. Unfortunately, this one I lost to bud rot, almost entirely. Fortunately, I got a few small buds so I can try it for the first time and see if it's worth growing again. Very nice spicy aroma. The bigger, end buds looked awesome on the outside, but most were infected on the inside.

I've decided this plant is a bit trickey to grow. It has a great deal of foliage, and on the colas, lots of little branches with buds and leaves, and then ending in a single big bud. The big bud has a very tight structure, unlike the Blue Dream-X buds I just harvested that were rot-free.

I don't think this particular plant I harvested is representative of what's possible with this strain. I'll likely grow it again, and shape and prune it early on. It's a very vigorous plant, so I think needs extra nutes, especially during flowering. It also needs to be moved from veg to flower much sooner. It also may be a good candidate for a worm tea foliar spray, early on and repeated, to establish beneficial microbes on the leave surfaces to help keep the mold back.

In other news, I would like to report an amazing CBG experience. I pulled a muscle last Saturday that caused a lot of paid in my lower back, and whole back. (I'll skip telling you how I did that, but it was one of those little maneuvers that you wouldn't think would throw out your back.) That evening I was sitting in my chair and the back pain just wouldn't let up. It was mainly localized in the lower left side of my back, but now the tension and pain were all up my back as well.

I decided to mix up some kush and CBG buds... mostly CBG and just a little kush, in my grinder. I smoked about 2-1/2 bowls of this in my water pipe. The cured CBG buds were very smooth. The body high that ensued was very pain-relieving, and also clear-headed. The pain-relief was very rapid and complete, with just a little remnant of it localized in my lower left back.

My back is feeling much better today, but not 100%. Tonight I vaped a similar mix, except using CBD instead. I'd say the effect is similar, but perhaps while CBG is more focused on pain relief, CBD is more focused on healing the musculature and "energy channels". I'm not sure yet... need to experiment some more.

I harvested the Gelato-X today... just did some trimming tonight. Unfortunately, this one I lost to bud rot, almost entirely. Fortunately, I got a few small buds so I can try it for the first time and see if it's worth growing again. Very nice spicy aroma. The bigger, end buds looked awesome on the outside, but most were infected on the inside.

I've decided this plant is a bit trickey to grow. It has a great deal of foliage, and on the colas, lots of little branches with buds and leaves, and then ending in a single big bud. The big bud has a very tight structure, unlike the Blue Dream-X buds I just harvested that were rot-free.

I don't think this particular plant I harvested is representative of what's possible with this strain. I'll likely grow it again, and shape and prune it early on. It's a very vigorous plant, so I think needs extra nutes, especially during flowering. It also needs to be moved from veg to flower much sooner. It also may be a good candidate for a worm tea foliar spray, early on and repeated, to establish beneficial microbes on the leave surfaces to help keep the mold back.

In other news, I would like to report an amazing CBG experience. I pulled a muscle last Saturday that caused a lot of paid in my lower back, and whole back. (I'll skip telling you how I did that, but it was one of those little maneuvers that you wouldn't think would throw out your back.) That evening I was sitting in my chair and the back pain just wouldn't let up. It was mainly localized in the lower left side of my back, but now the tension and pain were all up my back as well.

I decided to mix up some kush and CBG buds... mostly CBG and just a little kush, in my grinder. I smoked about 2-1/2 bowls of this in my water pipe. The cured CBG buds were very smooth. The body high that ensued was very pain-relieving, and also clear-headed. The pain-relief was very rapid and complete, with just a little remnant of it localized in my lower left back.

My back is feeling much better today, but not 100%. Tonight I vaped a similar mix, except using CBD instead. I'd say the effect is similar, but perhaps while CBG is more focused on pain relief, CBD is more focused on healing the musculature and "energy channels". I'm not sure yet... need to experiment some more.
You can perhaps become a Dope Doctor. A nice discovery.

You can perhaps become a Dope Doctor. A nice discovery.
People are self-treating like crazy, bud CBD and CBG buds are new kids on the block... people are still learning. It wasn't long ago that CBD flower was just another THC flower with a few percents of CBD in it. The average person had no idea how to "make CBD"... they thought it was a technique that could be done to THC buds to produce CBD oil.

The confirmed pain relief of CBD and CBG makes me realize just how powerful this plant is, and why government/pharma wants to keep a lock on it. They are going to fail in the end.

Pics from today... CBDs and CBG in early flowering. You'll see some spots on leaves... it's either where mold died from the peroxide spray, or a little burn from the peroxide spray.

CBD pheno
cbd9-1.jpg

Another CBD pheno... tall one
cbd1-1.jpg

CBG
cbg1.jpg

CBG
cbg2.jpg

Ringo's Gift
RG1.jpg

Ringo's Gift
RG2.jpg

Oh, Ringo's Gift. I remember that one scoring pretty high as a medical strain back a few years ago when I was researching what I wanted to grow. Back then, at least, seeds were nowhere to be found.
I don't have high confidence in this seed... it was the only one that grew. I'll have the buds tested... RG is supposed to be up to 20% CBD.

Buds all looking frosty and delicious and good!

If you are interested in energy channels, have you checked out Shiatsu Kush, by BCBD? It is not CBD, but a lot of the sponsors resell BC Bud Depot. They have some A++ CBD regulars.

Hahaha, reading this forum makes me hungry!

Buds all looking frosty and delicious and good!

If you are interested in energy channels, have you checked out Shiatsu Kush, by BCBD? It is not CBD, but a lot of the sponsors resell BC Bud Depot. They have some A++ CBD regulars.

Hahaha, reading this forum makes me hungry!
Thanks, I'll check out Shiatsu Kush.

Hey growmies, I started a new journal

I also have two cbd plants currently growing with quite a bit of variegation on them. The markings are identical to those I see on your plant, tho mine are colored more yellowish. (can provide pics if needed)
Interesting. It's called interveinal chlorosis – i.e. "abnormal reduction or loss of the normal green coloration" between the veins of the leaf. This is exactly what my plant is showing, all over the plant, and also wrinkling and abnormal leaf margin (edge).

Yes, I would like to see your pics! 👍

I'm not saying I'm 100% certain it's the Cannabis cryptic virus, but the symptoms and photo match – according to the one source I found.

Here's the plant (Aug. 2)... this is the clone that's currently in flower:
CBDpheno9_closeup1.jpg

here's a close-up of the chlorosis, wrinkling, and affected leaf margins:
cbd_pheno9_chlorosis1.jpg

It's my feeling that a virus wouldn't leave the leaf looking strong and healthy still, whereas variegation will. That's how I think of it anyway.
I'm glad you brought that up. Yes, the distinction between virus and variegation is that the virus symptoms are adverse – i.e. they have a negative effect on the plant. Variegation is completely benign.

The odd thing is, my affected CBD pheno gave me a very nice yield of big buds last time around!

Apparently, iron deficiency also causes chlorosis (maybe not interveinal), so maybe some phenos are more sensitive to iron deficiency than others.

Here's the same pheno (previous clone) in flower on June 14
CBD_colas1.jpg

here's a close-up of a big fan leaf in the above cola – the chlorosis is there but barely perceptible
cbd_pheno9_chlorosis2.jpg

Here's a bud close-up... there's no chlorosis. Why?
CBD_trichomes1.jpg

Strange, isn't it? If it's a virus, it's not causing any noticeable harm! The chlorosis varies from one clone of the pheno to another – sometimes lots of chlorosis, sometimes barely perceptible. Now it's starting to sound more like a nutrient deficiency... iron? I wonder. Perhaps pH is involved.

I just read an article talking about using grafting to determine if a cannabis plant is infected with a pathogen – i.e. take the rootstock of a suspected plant, and then graft on a healthy plant. If the rootstock is carrying a virus, it will migrate into the graft and cause symptoms.

It kind of looks like you have variegation on your small plant, and something else on the larger. I suspect you have the right of it that iron is involved, and that pH could absolutely be affecting that. The marks on the larger plants are more regular, whereas the variegation is pretty random.

eta: pics of my girls :

It kind of looks like you have variegation on your small plant, and something else on the larger. I suspect you have the right of it that iron is involved, and that pH could absolutely be affecting that. The marks on the larger plants are more regular, whereas the variegation is pretty random.
Not sure what you mean, small plant and larger – they are two different clones from the same pheno, one was harvested in June, the other is just flowering now. Were you looking at 420blazedit's photos??

Yours look like variegation to me... not interveinal chlorosis which is what my plant has.

Horsetail Fern and apple fruit are the two highest Fe plants on my list. Maybe a Jadam extract of one? Not sure if horsetail fern is in your part of the world but I bet you can get apples!
Thanks. I'm currently using greensand for Fe. This pheno is the only one in my collection that shows this chlorosis. At this point, I don't know if it's variegation, cannabis cryptic virus (CCV), or a deficiency.

It seems too regular to be variegation – and why would it express heavily in one clone and barely at all in another clone (of the same pheno/mother)?

If it's deficiency, I have been unable to find a photo of a similar-looking deficiency symptom. It's true that Fe deficiency can be interveinal, but the photos I've seen don't look like my leaves.

If it's CCV, why would it express heavily in one clone and barely at all in another clone?

At this point I'm leaning toward a deficiency, and one that may or may not be related to pH.

Here's another interesting clue: I have 3 young clones of this same pheno, along with a number of other young clones of other genetics. The 3 are all showing the "variegation", while none of the others are showing this – and they're all in the same soil.

This seems to point away from a deficiency!!

...maybe a genetic mutation that's involved in causing a deficiency, perhaps Fe?

Thanks. I'm currently using greensand for Fe. This pheno is the only one in my collection that shows this chlorosis. At this point, I don't know if it's variegation, cannabis cryptic virus (CCV), or a deficiency.

It seems too regular to be variegation – and why would it express in one clone and (almost) not another clone, of the same pheno (mother)?

If it's deficiency, I have been unable to find a photo of a similar-looking deficiency symptom. It's true that Fe deficiency can be interveinal, but the photos I've seen don't look like my leaves.

If it's CCV, why would it express in one clone and (almost) not another clone?

At this point I'm leaning toward a deficiency, and one that may or may not be related to pH.

Here's another interesting clue: I have 3 young clones of this same pheno, along with a number of other young clones of other genetics. The 3 are all showing the "variegation", while none of the others are showing this – and their all in the same soil.

This seems to point away from a deficiency!!
:hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom