Greenislands 5 Gallon Upgrade Ebb & Gro TEK

Thank you so much for the comment 420fied! I love the sound of "fan", lol. Ive never had fans before. lol.

And to answer your question mcbuds, yes I do have picfs of that AND every other little detail of this setup. The room will be going up this weekend! So stay posted because on monday or tuesday I should have ( finally atlast) the % Gallon Ebb and gro COMPLETE TEK up. I will walk everyone through every aspect of the build. I already have most of the pics, Im just waiting for the last few final "after installation" pics before I post the COMPLETED TEK here. Its going to be a HUGE-MONGEOUS post Im sure. Maybe I will break it up.... I already have something like 30 pics of what Ive done so far and how Ive done it. So Im guessing there will probably be something like 35-40 pics all with instructions tips/tricks etc.

So wish me luck this weekend and hopefully on monday or tuesday of next week I will have it all up for all to see.

Mcbuds...If you need those pics asap let me know and I will post them TONIGHT, but if it can wait till next week I will have already posted them along with everything else (if all goes to planned, and it usually does about 65% of the time. Just let me know.

Oh no man I'll wait for the tek. Was just curious about. Keep up the solid work and contributions :)

Thank you so much for the comment 420fied! I love the sound of "fan", lol. Ive never had fans before. lol.

And to answer your question mcbuds, yes I do have picfs of that AND every other little detail of this setup. The room will be going up this weekend! So stay posted because on monday or tuesday I should have ( finally atlast) the % Gallon Ebb and gro COMPLETE TEK up. I will walk everyone through every aspect of the build. I already have most of the pics, Im just waiting for the last few final "after installation" pics before I post the COMPLETED TEK here. Its going to be a HUGE-MONGEOUS post Im sure. Maybe I will break it up.... I already have something like 30 pics of what Ive done so far and how Ive done it. So Im guessing there will probably be something like 35-40 pics all with instructions tips/tricks etc.

So wish me luck this weekend and hopefully on monday or tuesday of next week I will have it all up for all to see.

Mcbuds...If you need those pics asap let me know and I will post them TONIGHT, but if it can wait till next week I will have already posted them along with everything else (if all goes to planned, and it usually does about 65% of the time. Just let me know.

Cool. I think a lot of questions that people have in there head about this setup will have them answered or figured out when they see my completed TEK. Atleast thats what im aiming for.. an imformative and easy to duplicate TEK that ANYONE can follow.

Thanks for tuning in though! The fittings for the floats are actually pretty damn sweet. They have a lot of forgiveness as far as hole size and the quality of the cutting because of the really neet grommet/washers they use. The main bad thing about the floats is you have to cut and rewire all of them just to get them out of the original control bucket and into the new custom one.

Oh cool! I just realized I got my 4th green block of reputation! SWEEEEET!!

Cool. I think a lot of questions that people have in there head about this setup will have them answered or figured out when they see my completed TEK. Atleast thats what im aiming for.. an imformative and easy to duplicate TEK that ANYONE can follow.

Thanks for tuning in though! The fittings for the floats are actually pretty damn sweet. They have a lot of forgiveness as far as hole size and the quality of the cutting because of the really neet grommet/washers they use. The main bad thing about the floats is you have to cut and rewire all of them just to get them out of the original control bucket and into the new custom one.

Oh cool! I just realized I got my 4th green block of reputation! SWEEEEET!!

I was figuring you'd have the cut them. Wonder if radio shack or similar has a waterproof octopus style plug you could wire in there. So you just have 1 plug to deal with and it can be water resitant incase you mist near it or something. Just a thought... like a trailer hitch harness adapter thing

Yeah they do. I thought about doing that but I wanted to be able to replace the floats individually if need be and it would be a little more complicated with a six pin connector but very very doable and easy too. I just used simple waterproof connectors that you can get just about anywhere. I would have liked to use 3-two pin connectors but they didnt have any (that I saw atleast) at home depot when I was there. And yes radio shack does have those connectors and yes it should be very simple to do.

Ok, so I would be completally done with this TEK by now if it wasnt for a the rough last week Ive had. I built the room and did all the poly and zipper work only to find out that i got a bad roll of panda film that was NOT lightproof. DAMN!!! So Anyhow I had to take it all back down and do it again but heres a few pics of the room as its being built (still currently under construction)

This pic shows the mylar and the framing with the 2x4's that I did.

100_1299_-_Copy.jpg

100_1303_-_Copy.jpg

This was when I realised that the panda film was no good and had begun to dissassemble it. NO FUN!

100_1345_-_Copy.jpg

The framing and poly completed!

100_1348_-_Copy.jpg

100_1347_-_Copy.jpg

100_1350_-_Copy.jpg

So now its on to hanging the lights and the rail, as well as the new 5 gallon ebb and gro set. Wish me luck I could use it! This is taking for fricken ever to get up and running....but atleast its being done right! Thanks for reading everyone!

Good luck. Looks like such a huge project, but getting done correct the first time has got to be the number one priority. Looks like you got that under control. Great job, good luck and can not wait to see all finished. I am inspired for sure...

I setup custom indoor vegetable/spice gardens as a minor source of supplemental income. Ive been doing this for some time now so Ive gotten better as time goes by. Looking back I realise that some of the very first gardens I ever built I thought were perfect or rather well built at the time of construction with all the new modern necessities etc, but looking back I realize that 5 years ago I didnt know shit! Nowadays the gardens built by me have many more years of experience behind them, and you can usually see the difference...if you look closely. The downside to the yrs of building is it makes me very very stubborn on getting things done correctly the first time. If I dont like the way something is looking I scrap it and start all over. So the time line of my personal builds is an always changing variable of the build. So this garden is a culmination of many years work. I mean its rather basic for a grow-room but the skills used to built Ive been honing for some time, like cutting through walls, exhausting through floors, running the correct electrical, etc.

I cant wait to see the new 5 gallon setup in there with the 2-1000watt lumatek dimmables going back and forth on the rail. Im very excited. I just NEED MORE SPARE TIME! uuuggghhh. Anyhow the old growroom is going to be housing my basil and other yummie veggies and spices while this room continues with the MJ. Hopefully I get a good update up for all ya soon.

Thx for checking in everyone!

damn sux about the polfilm..but damn fine job on the rest. Looks like you've grown with your previous experiences. And reps as soon as i can again, for the room seperation. most people make the mistake of puting them side by side allowing room for error. And you are the man for putting room in between the film.

Nice to have you join us slowsmokin! The ebb and gro setup has worked out well for me. Its pretty fool proof and it rarely screws up since the pump only runs like ann hour total each day. I am hoping to have it all up and finished on Saturday this weekend, well that is if nothing else gets in my way, lol. This ebb and gro room will have Swwet Tooth from Barneys Farm, Big Bang-fem-from greenhouse, Super Lemon haze from greenhouse, GDP-fem-from a buddy, and last but not least White Widow. It should certainly be an interesting run. I will try and get pics up soon showing the baby plants that are going in the buckets. Cant wait to try all the new variteies! So excited!!

Thanks for checking in guys, Stay High! And stay posted!

GI . have you tried out those ballasts yet? im currently setting up my 7x7 room, and already have seedlings started in my veg room. i have the 12 site E&G on the way and am currently trying to decide on lights. ive got it narrowed down to either the lumatek, or galaxy ballasts. i wanted to go with the e ballasts cause of less noise and heat, but i just cant decide which to go with. any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

If I was to suggest a ballast I would suggest Lumatek over Galaxy. Ive heard of people having a lot of problems with Galaxy ballasts. Ive never personally tried them but havent heard good things, even the hydro store says they arent very good, especially for their price. Honestly my favorite ballast as of now is the Quantum dimmables. Ive never had one not work (and I own quite a few) and Ive never heard of anyone having a problem with them either, plus their dimmable and at a good price. The lumateks are nice because they have a decent warranty and are also dimmable (if you get the dimmable version). The reason I picked up these 1000 watt lumatek dimmables is because they have a "super lumen " switch that lets you crank out 110% output for a while. Generally speaking though Ive heard good and bad about lumatek, usually the problems were with older style lumatek ballast and not the newer ones, also Ive heard bad things about Lumateks support if say it did break down. So if you ask me the safe route to go is Quantum E-ballasts, good quality, good price, good warranty. Also keep in mind that some of the Hortilux or enhanced spectrum bulbs may or may not work in e-ballasts, (most WILL work but a few wont). The reasson for this is not because the ballast is cheaply made or anything like that, it because the bulb manufacturers keep changing the the voltage needed to ignite the bulbs, there is a standard and recently bulb manufacturers have deviated from it and that makes it difficult for ballast manufacturers to keep up with all the weirdness of the bulbs since its always changing. If they would just stick to the standard those problems nbever would have occured, but obviously they didnt. Hope that helps you out man, if you have any more questions feel free to ask, thats why Im here!!! Thanks for tuning in plantpot4fun!

So its not letting me upload any pics for some reason right now, so sorry everyone for the inconveniance. Soniq420 is helping me out as I write this though so hopefully I will get the pics up sooner than later. Sorry for the delay in updates everyone.

So for whatever reason the new pics I just took uploaded just fine, so check em out!! Here they be! The room is almost done and ready for clones. The only thing missing is the reservoir. Im waiting on a 90 gallon reservoir to come, shouldnt take to much longer though. Anyhow, the room has 10 5-Gallon buckets with substrate, 2-1000watt Lumatek dimmables with super lumen switch. Both of the relectors are sun system XL 8" air cooled hoods. Both lights are on a lightrail/slave rail setup moving back and forth only maybe about 4 feet. The overall room dimensions are 6' x 11'6", with a 2ft walkway so the light is really only going to cover an area about 4' x 11'6". Hope you enjoy the pics, the TEK is almost over, just 1 or 2 more updates! Yeah!!!! Then the grow journal begins elsewhere, cant wait!! Heres the pics!

100_1372_-_Copy.jpg

100_1374_-_Copy.jpg

100_1371_-_Copy.jpg

100_1380_-_Copy.jpg

100_1383_-_Copy.jpg

100_1384_-_Copy.jpg

100_1389_-_Copy.jpg

100_1396_-_Copy.jpg

These are the new 1000watt e-ballasts by Lumatek. In this pic you can see the dimmable settings as well as the super lumen setting, pretty sweeeeeet, and pricey too!

100_1392_-_Copy.jpg

GI, a question about your ducts, how is the insulation attached to them? is it glued to the duct, or is it wrapped around and attached to itself? would it be easy for it to fall apart and come off? every things lookin good, cant wait to see the 5 gallon upgrade at work.

Back
Top Bottom