GreenThunder Dips Into Hydro

RDWC assembly

Gather materials, check

PHOTO_20180721_115408.jpg

PVC cutter = greatest tool ever!

PHOTO_20180721_115419.jpg

Be sure drill is charged: oops (this really should have been step 1)

PHOTO_20180721_115452.jpg

Well, now I have time to go pick up the correct size uniseals for the water pump line

PHOTO_20180721_115035.jpg

I want to make a top feeder... should I drill holes or cut slits?

20180721_115826.jpg

With a bit of flexseal tape this bucket is salvageable (though I wouldn't use it in the system)

PHOTO_20180722_101014.jpg
PHOTO_20180722_101002.jpg

NOW I'm considering a single unit rdwc, in a 12 gallon tote. I haven't cut holes yet but this is the general idea...

PHOTO_20180722_095058.jpg
PHOTO_20180722_095407.jpg

My buckets are 75 mil, not 90, and idk what the tote is. My pvc size doesn't match my uniseal size. If I get pvc to match the seal then I need a new saw too. I don't know if I can find the right size uniseal locally, nor 90 mil buckets. I got the ones I have at a grow supply shop so I just assumed they were the right thickness. If the single unit setup doesn't work then I'm getting an autopot system, but that's ebb and flow right? Is there a similar package setup for rdwc? At this point, a complete package with instructions is what I need. Not fully defeated but also don't want to keep buying components.

Looking good

I'm gonna try RDWC next grow, doing DWC now

On those leaking grommet, some silicone caulk on the inside will seal it for u and is easy to disassemble if needed
Also try wrapping the pipe with tape to make it a but bigger if the pipe area is leaking and not the grommet

Where did u get the grommet at??

Looking good
I'm gonna try RDWC next grow, doing DWC now
On those leaking grommet, some silicone caulk on the inside will seal it for u and is easy to disassemble if needed
Also try wrapping the pipe with tape to make it a but bigger if the pipe area is leaking and not the grommet
I knew you'd get back here and that's why you got my vote :thumb:.

I got the grommet at a local grow supply shop, it doesn't list the size. I did add caulk to the hole in the bucket, which is where it's leaking. But for now I'm going to stick with dwc, maybe I'll try adding a system with recirculation in the future.

I dimmed the light and added a cool mist humidifier and she looks a bit better this morning...

PHOTO_20180723_070006.jpg

Thanks for stopping in!!

Back
Top Bottom