GreenThunder Dips Into Hydro

Where is the water at

Is the bubbler bubbling

Water temp
pH
Ppm

Water temp 78° (too high)
pH 6.3 (oops, will fix that at lights on tonight)
Ppm 390

Bubbles... 3 airstones and one open ended line.

PHOTO_20180722_155714.jpg
PHOTO_20180723_182515.jpg
PHOTO_20180723_182217.jpg

Water temp 78° (too high)
pH 6.3 (oops, will fix that at lights on tonight)
Ppm 390

Bubbles... 3 airstones and one open ended line.

PHOTO_20180722_155714.jpg
PHOTO_20180723_182515.jpg
PHOTO_20180723_182217.jpg
If yer using z7, temps are ok, don't think u are yet

Drop the pH for sure

I think something else is up to make it that droopy

Did lights just go on?

If yer using z7, temps are ok, don't think u are yet

Drop the pH for sure

I think something else is up to make it that droopy

Did lights just go on?

I ordered z7 but it hasn't arrived yet. That last pic was taken in dark with flash but she looks like that always, regardless of the light status. I'm really glad to hear z7 will let me worry a bit less about the temp.

I'd do a Rez change

That droopy is a bit strange

I've done weekly res changes and she's looked like that ever since having been added to the dwc. I think I did it too soon. She's my Guinea pig. z7 is still about a week out. I had to reorder after the first seller informed me they don't ship to Alaska. Frustrating but common. I usually am better at weeding out those sellers before making the purchase

You started in soil???

No, in rockwool. She barely had a tiny root when I moved her into the hydroton and bucket. Her root wasn't long enough to reach the water for a lonnnng time and I didn't top feed nearly enough. I don't really know what I'm doing but somehow she's managed to survive my learning and tweaking

Last night I gave her a peroxide spa bath and fresh clean res (after super cleaning the tote)
BUT then I goofed and added peroxide AND hydroguard and clear rez. I don't think it'll finish her off but not sure I've done her a favor. I'll redo the res tonight then I think I'll give her another week. If no improvement, I feel it's time to end her misery... here she is this morning (no change)

PHOTO_20180729_081350.jpg
PHOTO_20180729_081354.jpg

In happier news, the Grape Ape clone I took 25 days ago has beautiful (white) roots

PHOTO_20180728_220223.jpg
PHOTO_20180728_220231.jpg

I think the difference is I let her roots get very well established before putting her in the bucket. With the LB seedling, I dropped her into the bucket with barely a tap root

That's a big net pot

Try smaller ones. She is just getting her roots into the water, be sure yer water is 2" below the bottom of the net pot

Don't cull her, figure out the issue, then ya won't repeat it

Don't cull her, figure out the issue, then ya won't repeat it
Oh, I was going to say cull her! Since you have a good one you should drop another seed or clone in there and repeat the success. If both your plants looked like that then I think it would be important to sort out the problem obv, but why spend time and nutes on that when who knows if you'll sort it out.

Looking good for MOTM Chris!

That's a big net pot

Try smaller ones.

That's all that's available currently. I have smaller ones in my 'cart' but not yet enough for free shipping.

figure out the issue, then ya won't repeat it

I'm pretty sure the main issue was not letting her roots get established enough before putting her in that big net pot. I won't do this again and I'll get smaller pots.

you can tell we all didn't go wrong

Right?! :cool:

Make sure your water and bubbles hit the roots, maybe try to watering her each day to be sure the roots are active

I have the flourakleen, never used it really, but looks like it did the trick

Back
Top Bottom