Ground Zero Newbie Grower

Re: Ground zero newbie grower.

WOW sorry to hear that, but don't worry cause the stems should help you from what i read, i never tried that i tried the fresh fan leave method and that worked extremely well, 1 THING KEEP A EYE ON THE JARS, CONSTANTLY CHECK THE BUDS, when i used fan leaves they worked in less then 1hr, my buds were nice and fresh. WE LIVE AND LEARN SCREW WE AND LEARN.

ONE WAY TO LOOK AT IT IS YOU EXPECTED 8OZ. AND GOT OVER 11OZ. MORE IF YOU COUNT THE POPCORN ...........NOT BAD AT ALL:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::cheer::cheer::cheer:

oh sn...
about the seeds, yeppers, its happened to me....no visible signs of males, so all i can figure out is some snuck in and i just finished reading an article about how sometimes the tips of the bud will go hermie, so thats all i figure....i do check for males and look each time, but they got thru....so it happens....i think i got about 20 seeds off of the 2 plants, and not a male (that I saw) in the bunch....

and about the drying, usually they can come back when jarred....if they dont, i put part of the plant in with them...like you did, only i use a leaf or two...and the worst blunder so far on my part, was we got this bud about 14in long...and yes i did take a pic...we were so proud of it...somehow, i got busy and just forgot about it after it was in a big old gallon jar....opened all the rest, but forgot that one...so the other half asked me where it was and i said over in the gallon jar, as i started toward it, with horror mounting, yes, it was solid mold from ahab to ahab....and soggy...i wanted to cry...but instead we both sat and looked at it and laughed...really made us sick, but how much do you kick yourself before you decide it just wasnt meant to be.... life is to experience, and that was definately a lesson...now, i'm a little more mindful of how sweet the other half was when it could have been a total disaster....so now we both remember and double check each other...its a real b... getting old....we call it half heimers....as we're only half way to alls...you're doing great...its all good...just lessons to be learned...heck, if you're not making mistakes, you're not learning....lavendar

Well major blunder on my part. I hadn't checked anything since Friday. Well my drying tent over heated and everything in it is now very crispy. Way over dry. I jarred everything up and put a large chunck of main stem in each jar hoping to rehydrate. All my beautiful buds may end up in the hash bin. DAMN! No one to blame but myself. Got side tracked on another project when I should have been tending the garden. Three more plants will be coming down tomorrow. Rest assured those will be watched carefully.

Also had a some what freak find. One bud on the Bubble Gum plant produced about 30 seeds. 20 of them look very viable. No idea which male nailed her though. Oh well I will sprout some as part of round 2.

Alaskan Ice = 4.1 oz's of crispy buds

StrawBerry Haze plant #2 = 3.7 oz of crispy bud

Bubblicious (2 plants) = 2.6 oz of crispy bud

Bubble Gum = 1.2 oz of cris[y bud.

11.6 oz of bud that properly dried would likely be 14-16oz's.

I also have 4ea 1-gallon zip lock bags packed with trim and popcorn that totals right at 9oz's. Should make a decent ball of hash.

Don't feel too bad Buddy Nice over all haul.....more than expected.:grinjoint:

I actually like my buds really dry, so they crumple in my hand. Far as I can tell it has not hurt the great high I get. So take hart. :surf:
And you have 3 more to go.:cheer:

G'day Nutso, You can partially re-hydrate you buds by lightly misting with distilled water. I know of dodgy c%#ts using cola to make them appear more sticky. All your strains sound DAMN TASTY:drool::peace:

Thanks all. I was pretty devistated last night. I will toss in a couple of fan leaves tonight. I test fired the Alaskan Ice last night. I think I found my favorite. At least so far. Knocked me on my arse. I took a total of 4 small bong hits and was baked. No anxiety or paranoia, just a nice pain free ride with a great sleep at the end.

My total so far is 14.4 oz's including the first Strawberry Haze plant. I have three big plants ready to come down and one scrawny one that may just end up as hash. The three big ones left should have about 9-10 oz's total between them.

Thanks all. I was pretty devistated last night. I will toss in a couple of fan leaves tonight. I test fired the Alaskan Ice last night. I think I found my favorite. At least so far. Knocked me on my arse. I took a total of 4 small bong hits and was baked. No anxiety or paranoia, just a nice pain free ride with a great sleep at the end.

My total so far is 14.4 oz's including the first Strawberry Haze plant. I have three big plants ready to come down and one scrawny one that may just end up as hash. The three big ones left should have about 9-10 oz's total between them.

Keep A eye on the ones with fan leaves, they work real fast before you know you will have a wet bud instead of dry. lol:goodjob:

Keep A eye on the ones with fan leaves, they work real fast before you know you will have a wet bud instead of dry. lol:goodjob:

Gunja,
Will do. I just need a little moisture in them. Right now I can hardly touch them and they just crumble. Surprising though the smoke was not too bad. I was expecting extremely harsh smoke but it was not bad at all. Not as good as it could be but still better than what comes off the street.

Gunja,
Will do. I just need a little moisture in them. Right now I can hardly touch them and they just crumble. Surprising though the smoke was not too bad. I was expecting extremely harsh smoke but it was not bad at all. Not as good as it could be but still better than what comes off the street.

yo screwnuts if the bud is too dry u can add a piece of stem n the jar and it will moisen it up :Rasta:

Well major blunder on my part. I hadn't checked anything since Friday. Well my drying tent over heated and everything in it is now very crispy. Way over dry. I jarred everything up and put a large chunck of main stem in each jar hoping to rehydrate. All my beautiful buds may end up in the hash bin. DAMN! No one to blame but myself. Got side tracked on another project when I should have been tending the garden. Three more plants will be coming down tomorrow. Rest assured those will be watched carefully.

Also had a some what freak find. One bud on the Bubble Gum plant produced about 30 seeds. 20 of them look very viable. No idea which male nailed her though. Oh well I will sprout some as part of round 2.

Alaskan Ice = 4.1 oz's of crispy buds

StrawBerry Haze plant #2 = 3.7 oz of crispy bud

Bubblicious (2 plants) = 2.6 oz of crispy bud

Bubble Gum = 1.2 oz of cris[y bud.

11.6 oz of bud that properly dried would likely be 14-16oz's.

I also have 4ea 1-gallon zip lock bags packed with trim and popcorn that totals right at 9oz's. Should make a decent ball of hash.

Well despite the unplanned dehydration, you've got an amazing haul there, SN. Try putting a slice of apple in the jar and see if the herb takes up some moisture. Or maybe a melon slice, if you can do it without it touching the weed and getting it slimy...

The stem chuncks did the trick. Brought life back to the over dried buds. Thank you all for the input. About a 4" chunk oc the main stem in each jar for 24hrs did the trick. Last night I chopped the the two PPX plants and the Purple Power plant. 4 hours later they were hanging in the drying tent. The buds from those three plants were amazing. I am predicting 12-14oz's once dry. These were by far the stickiest to trim. I ended up with a dime sized ball of scissor hash. I have the temps adjusted and checking daily so I shouldn't have another drying mishap. I still have a Bubble Gum plant going but I made the decision that it will all go in the hash bucket. The plant has been a freak and took over 6 weeks of 12/12 to show sex. Just tiny buds all over it. With the trimmings from last night, the 9oz's of dry trim and the full BG plant I should have over a pound to run through Bubble Bags.

Will do some updated photos and a grow summary soon. Taking the Mrs to see Elton John & Billy Joel concert tonight for an early VD.

Taking the Mrs to see Elton John & Billy Joel concert tonight for an early VD.

And I was startin to think highly of you......:grinjoint:

And I was startin to think highly of you......:grinjoint:

well, he did justify by sayin' he's taking the misses.....

HD,
Trust me when I say this is for the Mrs. This will keep me out of the doghouse for awhile. I call it "PPFFU's" (pre-paying future fuck ups). lol.

they have terrible memories when it comes to ppffu.....:grinjoint:

How come women manage to forget last week but are then quite able to dredge up shit from 15 yrs ago.:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom