Ground Zero Newbie Grower

Re: Ground zero newbie grower.

Screwnuts! Fantastic!! :bravo: Love the pantry with canned produce! Awesome job.

Have you tried using the popcorn and sweet trim to make tincture? It is especially great for people that don't want to smoke or vaporize. The bud and trimmings are heated slightly, shredded, then soaked in Everclear for a month - shaken every day. Filter (and filter again) and let half of the alcohol evaporate off (I used a wide bowl). Perfect for a pulled back muscle or something just before bed. That just happened to use body-lock bud with my first try. If the cannabis gods are good to me I'm going to try a new batch of tincture with Blueberry. Hmm, Blueberry Popcorn tincture sounds pretty damn good right now.:popcorn:

Very interesting!

Holy shit where did the time go, woke up took a couple bingers of some Burmese K and started reading your journal.

AWESOME man, very inspiring and a great read! Congrats on your haul, looks like your going to be a happy camper for a long time to come. Speaking of coming its Valentines morning and i better put the computer down before i get into trouble with the Mrs.....:smokin:

Peace man and congrats again Screw!!!

Butcher,
Heading upstairs today to clean up and setup for the outside starts. It will be my first outside grow. Should be fun.

OBX,
Planning to itemize as much as I can and include the good and the bad. Lay it all out.

Grooster,
I am going to try the 5-gal 4-bag Bubble Bags. Hoping for some nice hash.

The Purple Force netted 3.1oz's of beautiful sticky buds and the two PPX plants netted 9.25oz's of bodacious buds. Looks like the bud total came to 26.75oz's and the trim and popcorn came to 22.6oz's. For just bud I netted .36 grams/watt not so good. Add the trim & popcorn and that comes to .67 grams/watt. Better but still no where near 1 gram/watt. I hope to improve that on the next round. Here is what went into jars this morning.

IMG_11954.JPG

IMG_11942.JPG

IMG_11973.JPG

IMG_11964.JPG

IMG_11982.JPG

IMG_11995.JPG

IMG_12012.JPG

Didn't anyone else notice that he now has 32 jars of budd? Wowz :bravo:
Regardless of the g/w, thats a great haul, especially considering this was your first crack at it... :goodjob:

So you're vegging for 45 days and sending your next batch outside, no more tent?:popcorn:

+rep on the haul

I am so impressed bro, I know long time growers that would of been happy with the high quality and quantity you produced.

:bravo: I mean GREAT JOB!!!!

You should be nothing but happy with your outcome, my mouth is watering at the thought of the huge ball of hash you will be able to make.

:peace: from the mountains and +rep if I can.

Didn't anyone else notice that he now has 32 jars of budd? Wowz :bravo:
Regardless of the g/w, thats a great haul, especially considering this was your first crack at it... :goodjob:

So you're vegging for 45 days and sending your next batch outside, no more tent?:popcorn:

+rep on the haul

Dro,
The outside grow is an experiment more than anything. I can't use the tents during late spring through all of summer do to heat. They are in an attic and in summer the temps are well over 100f. Rather that attempting to battle the heat with a/c I am going to try a few plants outside. Get them started in the tent and veg them as long as possible then transplant them outside. I have a great location on some very secluded private land. The land owner is onboard and we split the harvest. Likely just do 4-6 plants to see how things go. Come fall the tents will be back up and running strong.

Dro,
The outside grow is an experiment more than anything. I can't use the tents during late spring through all of summer do to heat. They are in an attic and in summer the temps are well over 100f. Rather that attempting to battle the heat with a/c I am going to try a few plants outside. Get them started in the tent and veg them as long as possible then transplant them outside. I have a great location on some very secluded private land. The land owner is onboard and we split the harvest. Likely just do 4-6 plants to see how things go. Come fall the tents will be back up and running strong.

Now, that is great Screwnuts What a cool deal. Just perfect for you.
Good luck in the real dirt. You gonna dig an area out and put in soil or are you going with what's there? :woohoo:

0o OMG, ok Screw i was (really:idea:) thinking about come to Oregon, yes you know a lot of green, great view, lol.
i'm really jaelous.
It's my dream, i can realize it. mmm wait maybe no if i stay always in italy.
😢

Dude! Stay in Italy man!!! Oregon ain't got sh*t on italy.

Very, very nice. Love to see all those full jars, great job.....

Now, that is great Screwnuts What a cool deal. Just perfect for you.
Good luck in the real dirt. You gonna dig an area out and put in soil or are you going with what's there? :woohoo:

OMM,
I will dig a 3x3x3 hole and fill it will Fox Farms Ocean Forest & Pearlite. The cool part is I have access to a backhoe to do the digging. The soil is mostly clay so I may mix in some lava rock to hel with drainage. An outdoor harvest will give a nice cushion to cover us until the next indoor harvest. I am now growing for three patients. One can only do edibles, one is Vape only, and then there is me that will take it any way I can get it. lol. According to Oregon MMJ law with three cards we can have a total of 78oz's of finished product, plus 18 mature plants, and 54 new starts. Far more than we all could ever use and far more than I want to attempt to manage at this point.

0o OMG, ok Screw i was (really:idea:) thinking about come to Oregon, yes you know a lot of green, great view, lol.
i'm really jaelous.
It's my dream, i can realize it. mmm wait maybe no if i stay always in italy.
😢

Superweed,
Take Bongtastics advice and stay in Italy. We will come visit. My wife's father was born there and we plan to visit in the near future. Oregon is beautiful from about June through October. Other than that there is way too much rain and gray skies. With a little luck we will be moving to the real paradise of Hawaii soon.

OMM,
I will dig a 3x3x3 hole and fill it will Fox Farms Ocean Forest & Pearlite. The cool part is I have access to a backhoe to do the digging. The soil is mostly clay so I may mix in some lava rock to hel with drainage. An outdoor harvest will give a nice cushion to cover us until the next indoor harvest. I am now growing for three patients. One can only do edibles, one is Vape only, and then there is me that will take it any way I can get it. lol. According to Oregon MMJ law with three cards we can have a total of 78oz's of finished product, plus 18 mature plants, and 54 new starts. Far more than we all could ever use and far more than I want to attempt to manage at this point.

Hi Buddy That is exactly what I would do too. Don't know if you ever saw Dirt Farmer's grow, but he did the same, but much larger. He had the biggest harvest I've ever seen.:grinjoint:
Love that you already have plans for the harvest.:yummy:
I love those Oregon Laws. Your right that would be just too much to keep up with.:yahoo:

Wow, sounds like a a great plan and lucky you with the backhoe, I have to do it the old fashion way with a pick and a shovel. I don't mind the work two much but it world have been so much easier with a machine. Good luck with the outdoor grow and can not wait to see how it all turns out...

Screwnuts, you have certainly proven that a first time grower can have a big haul if proper planning and research is done in advance. Excellent job! 32 jars should allow you to make it with bud till spring... LOL!

32 jars should allow you to make it with bud till spring... LOL!

Till spring??? Holy shit, 32 jars of pot would last me all damn year =D And I consider myself a heavy smoker =D

Till spring??? Holy shit, 32 jars of pot would last me all damn year =D And I consider myself a heavy smoker =D

If it were just me that would cover a year no problem. However it has to keep three people in meds and one can only do edibles. The edibles alone is about an oz every 2-3 weeks. Hoping the outdoor grow will come in large (ala Dirt Farmer style). That would take a lot of pressure off and keep everyone in meds.

Oh, gotcha.

Well, may your future harvests be as bountiful and may your days be a plenty!

Back
Top Bottom