Ground Zero Newbie Grower

Re: Ground zero newbie grower.

Dro,
The outside grow is an experiment more than anything. I can't use the tents during late spring through all of summer do to heat. They are in an attic and in summer the temps are well over 100f. Rather that attempting to battle the heat with a/c I am going to try a few plants outside. Get them started in the tent and veg them as long as possible then transplant them outside. I have a great location on some very secluded private land. The land owner is onboard and we split the harvest. Likely just do 4-6 plants to see how things go. Come fall the tents will be back up and running strong.

if you use a drip system for the outdoors this will increase you chances of success. I use a burried rez and a pump powered by a battery. Workeed for years. another thing I do is Mix mini rockwool cubes into the area. This will help increase your water retention. just some thoughts to help with the high temps.:ganjamon:

didn't anyone else notice that he now has 32 jars of budd? Wowz :bravo:
Regardless of the g/w, thats a great haul, especially considering this was your first crack at it... :goodjob:

So you're vegging for 45 days and sending your next batch outside, no more tent?:popcorn:

+rep on the haul

yeah what dro said..(((holy sh*t!!))) a+

Good job Screwnuts, by the looks of things, my plants ought to be ready to harvest in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll keep track of the weights and see how I do.

Only thing I can say is, if you've got a nice private piece of land and someone willing to assist you, why stop at 4-6 plants on the outdoor grow? Load that place UP!:ganjamon:

Superweed,
Take Bongtastics advice and stay in Italy. We will come visit. My wife's father was born there and we plan to visit in the near future. Oregon is beautiful from about June through October. Other than that there is way too much rain and gray skies. With a little luck we will be moving to the real paradise of Hawaii soon.

Screw, if you'll really come in here, tell me! I stay in a real paradise!
You must pass from here.
For trip advise and place where i live
PM to me.
But your wife's father can advise you too!:grinjoint:
So see us soon:yahoo::ganjamon:
:peace: from Italy

I am still amazed at the harvest. I keep burping the jars and they keep smelling better every day. The Strawberry Haze smells just like fresh picked strawberrys. Most of the other don't have a distinct aroma. The Bubble Gum & Bubblicious don't smell anything like bubble gum. Not sure if the molasses or Flora-Nectar had any influence on that. No grassy smell at all. The first plant hit the jars 3 weeks ago and they are very smooth and tasty. The last plant went into jars 1 week ago and has a ways to go. I shared some of the Alaskan Ice with 4 friends that are life long tokers without telling them I grew it. All 4 said it was the best they had and where can they buy it. The AK Ice is my fav at this point and will be in the next grow with 4-6 plants of it.

Regarding the outside grow, it will be kept within the law here. I don't sell so we just need enough meds to keep three of us happy. I was able to get an average of 3oz's a plant indoors so hoping to double that outside. Maybe I will get lucky and grow some Dirtfarmer giants.

I am still amazed at the harvest. I keep burping the jars and they keep smelling better every day. The Strawberry Haze smells just like fresh picked strawberrys. Most of the other don't have a distinct aroma. The Bubble Gum & Bubblicious don't smell anything like bubble gum. Not sure if the molasses or Flora-Nectar had any influence on that. No grassy smell at all. The first plant hit the jars 3 weeks ago and they are very smooth and tasty. The last plant went into jars 1 week ago and has a ways to go. I shared some of the Alaskan Ice with 4 friends that are life long tokers without telling them I grew it. All 4 said it was the best they had and where can they buy it. The AK Ice is my fav at this point and will be in the next grow with 4-6 plants of it.

Regarding the outside grow, it will be kept within the law here. I don't sell so we just need enough meds to keep three of us happy. I was able to get an average of 3oz's a plant indoors so hoping to double that outside. Maybe I will get lucky and grow some Dirtfarmer giants.

i envy!! i hope my strawberry can grow like yours.
Respect for ya man!!!
:peace:

So what you saying is there was never any grassy smell ?? even when u first chopped the plant ??:thanks:

So what you saying is there was never any grassy smell ?? even when u first chopped the plant ??:thanks:

Gunja,
When I first chopped I didn't have a grassy smell. More of a very strong pine scent crossed with a skunky funky odor. Did not notice any cloraphyl smell at all. The first plant I chopped with no gloves and it took 2 days for the smell to wash off. After that I used latex surgical gloves which worked very well.

Nothing can really replace the curing process as far as I know, but if you are really desperate to smoke some now you could leave a bud to lay out for a little while. (could take anywhere from just 1 hour to 24 hours for them to crisp up)

I've also heard of people nuking a few buds in the microwave, but that seems kind of iffy to me

If you are careful, you could put a few buds on a wire rack and put them in the oven at the lowest setting (170 degrees I believe) and leave the over door cracked. This is the same way a lot of people dehydrate food, so the theory is sound.

I keep burping the jars and they keep smelling better every day.

This made me lol... wish I could say the same about my kids when they were babies! :rofl:

Nothing can really replace the curing process as far as I know, but if you are really desperate to smoke some now you could leave a bud to lay out for a little while. (could take anywhere from just 1 hour to 24 hours for them to crisp up)

I've also heard of people nuking a few buds in the microwave, but that seems kind of iffy to me

If you are careful, you could put a few buds on a wire rack and put them in the oven at the lowest setting (170 degrees I believe) and leave the over door cracked. This is the same way a lot of people dehydrate food, so the theory is sound.

Thanks for the help, I understand to do that if i wanted to smoke'em quick but i was talking about the fresh green smell you 1st get when u harvested ur babies ?? how long after does that go away. at the moment a friend give me an 8 gram bud straight of the plant, I smell what its suppose to smell like( some real good $hit) but i still smell the green,fresh cut grass smell too???......:thanks::peace:

Thanks for the help, I understand to do that if i wanted to smoke'em quick but i was talking about the fresh green smell you 1st get when u harvested ur babies ?? how long after does that go away. at the moment a friend give me an 8 gram bud straight of the plant, I smell what its suppose to smell like( some real good $hit) but i still smell the green,fresh cut grass smell too???......:thanks::peace:

I dried mine about a week before jarring. That took care of the strongest of the odors. Once in the jars the scent hasn't changed much. The greeness smell should go away as the bud loses moisture. A bud that big will take awhile to properly dry. I had some small buds that I mistakenly snipped off of the branch during trimming. About the size of your thumb. At room temperature they took about 8 days before they were smokeable and smelled real good. That is at about 70f and 45% RH.

I dried mine about a week before jarring. That took care of the strongest of the odors. Once in the jars the scent hasn't changed much. The greeness smell should go away as the bud loses moisture. A bud that big will take awhile to properly dry. I had some small buds that I mistakenly snipped off of the branch during trimming. About the size of your thumb. At room temperature they took about 8 days before they were smokeable and smelled real good. That is at about 70f and 45% RH.

:thanks:, you pretty much answered my question. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom