Ground Zero Newbie Grower

Re: Ground zero newbie grower.

Regarding the outside grow, it will be kept within the law here. I don't sell so we just need enough meds to keep three of us happy. I was able to get an average of 3oz's a plant indoors so hoping to double that outside. Maybe I will get lucky and grow some Dirtfarmer giants.

Make sure you dig your "pots" big. The larger you can make them the bigger the plants will grow in their season. At least that is what I have seen from friends outdoors grows.

Here in Cali the outdoor season started a few days ago. I know you are a little further north, when does the outdoor season start for you?

For those growing outdoors not within the law, be sure and put to one side some top soil, then fill the hole with FFOF if you want, but be sure and put the native soil back over the perlite - a circle of white always seems to attract attention of low flying planes.

screwnuts!!! im so glad i logged on... BRAVO!! CONGRATS!! WELL DONE!!, superb grow and sick lookin buds... from canopy to the roots, looks like a great harvest, those buds have a great sparkle to them.

just a thought... bubble bags are great but lots of work... i prefer making my hash with isopropyl alcohol. no need for sized screens... use the iso as a solvent to dissolve the trichomes into solution... then separate liquid from plant mash and boil off the liquid. im not on much right now but i have a post about it in my journal and labrat knows the drill.

fantastic job for a beginner. keep it up!!

I am still amazed at the harvest. I keep burping the jars and they keep smelling better every day. The Strawberry Haze smells just like fresh picked strawberrys. Most of the other don't have a distinct aroma. The Bubble Gum & Bubblicious don't smell anything like bubble gum. Not sure if the molasses or Flora-Nectar had any influence on that. No grassy smell at all. The first plant hit the jars 3 weeks ago and they are very smooth and tasty. The last plant went into jars 1 week ago and has a ways to go. I shared some of the Alaskan Ice with 4 friends that are life long tokers without telling them I grew it. All 4 said it was the best they had and where can they buy it. The AK Ice is my fav at this point and will be in the next grow with 4-6 plants of it.

Regarding the outside grow, it will be kept within the law here. I don't sell so we just need enough meds to keep three of us happy. I was able to get an average of 3oz's a plant indoors so hoping to double that outside. Maybe I will get lucky and grow some Dirtfarmer giants.

oh I'm sure you will end up w/ some dirtfarmer giants. The key is vegging indoor big. Then outdoor Ginormous. Or at least thats how I was taught, or just get some seeds that grow monsters. But I prefer to veg indoor. Anyhow..great work again!!:bravo:

HTL,
We still have the danger of frost. This morning it was 29f. At least 4 weeks before we can safely plant outside.

TB,
Good advice. Will likely do that even though it is a legal grow. No point in attracting unwanted attention.

Flurple,
Thank You! I had a blast with this grow. Germing the next round tonight. I will look into the alchohol method. Bubble Bags should be here today of tomorrow.

Butcher,
Germing seeds tonight. I will veg them as large as possible. Should be able to get at least 24" before moving outside. Fingers crossed for some big girls.

I am still working on my summary. Been crazy busy the last couple of weeks. I will be germing the next round of seeds tonight. Still not sure what will be going outside. I do plan to do a couple more Alaskan Ice plants and will try to finish those inside before the heat comes.

Just dropped in to say g'day and:bravo:
:goodluck: with the outdoories mate. pots or ground?? Ground will give you bigger plants unless you get the bigest pots you can even 80L/20gal trash cans are good. Pots are more practical sometimes though.:grinjoint::peace:

Tried my first attempt and bubble hash last night. Ran about 3-4oz's of trim through the bubble bags. I must have over stired because even at 25 micro I have a slight green tint to the hash. Will post some pics. Probably got about 3 grams out of the 73 & 25 micron bags total.

Tried my first attempt and bubble hash last night. Ran about 3-4oz's of trim through the bubble bags. I must have over stired because even at 25 micro I have a slight green tint to the hash. Will post some pics. Probably got about 3 grams out of the 73 & 25 micron bags total.
You'll always get that green tinge when you use trim. Once i've dried it a bit with the pressing screen and a towel. I work it in my hands/fingers over a candle if you've got cold hands. This works the moisture out and as the greenie lookin stuff is exposed to more air it will slowly get blacker.:grinjoint::peace:

You'll always get that green tinge when you use trim. Once i've dried it a bit with the pressing screen and a towel. I work it in my hands/fingers over a candle if you've got cold hands. This works the moisture out and as the greenie lookin stuff is exposed to more air it will slowly get blacker.:grinjoint::peace:

Thank you. Good to know. Going to try the alcohol extraction method next. Trying to round out my education. lol.

Screwnuts,
I'm getting ready to send my plants into 12/12 and am wondering if you had any problems with the FF nutes not providing enough N after the transition? When did your first yellow leaves show up? What was your nute schedual for flower?

thanks man

Screwnuts,
I'm getting ready to send my plants into 12/12 and am wondering if you had any problems with the FF nutes not providing enough N after the transition? When did your first yellow leaves show up? What was your nute schedual for flower?

thanks man

Kiwi,
I had no issues with the FF nutes all the way through. I was feeding about every 3 days and water inbetween.

Kiwi,
I had no issues with the FF nutes all the way through. I was feeding about every 3 days and water inbetween.

Thats good to know. Wasn't sure if it was gunna provide enough N. What were your applications per gallon of each nute during flower?

Thats good to know. Wasn't sure if it was gunna provide enough N. What were your applications per gallon of each nute during flower?

If you go back a few pages in my journal I documented everything pretty well. Medicated right now so I don't recall the exact details. My leaves didn't yellow until about 8 weeks into flower. Some didn't yellow at all. Plenty od N to carry them through.

If you go back a few pages in my journal I documented everything pretty well. Medicated right now so I don't recall the exact details. My leaves didn't yellow until about 8 weeks into flower. Some didn't yellow at all. Plenty od N to carry them through.

BEING MEDICATED ON YOUR OWN MEDS IS A BEAUTIFUL THING, ISN'T IT ???:nicethread::peace::welldone::thumb:

BEING MEDICATED ON YOUR OWN MEDS IS A BEAUTIFUL THING, ISN'T IT ???:nicethread::peace::welldone::thumb:

It's very similar to the feeling I get hooking up a nice steelhead on a fly I tied myself attached to a leader I made from scratch and thrown with a rod I built from hand picked parts.

Nothing like it! :bong:

:peace:

have used ff thru 4 crops, on the fifth now....works great...watch what you feed which week tho...lavendar:reading420magazine:

Back
Top Bottom