Grow 3 - LED Hydro - NL5 x Haze - La Diva Auto - Soil - Blueberry

Help! :helpsmilie:

Ok, I'm freakin out here. I've been flushing La Diva Auto with florakleen since Sunday and went to switch out the reservoir to plain RO water this morning and noticed what looks like mold or white powdery mildew. I knew this grow was going to smoothly.

IMG_220112.jpg
IMG_220213.jpg

The pic above is of the worse leave. There were a few other leaves with just a hint of white mold. I chopped off all the leaves with this stuff. The buds seem to be untouched, for now anyway.

Anyone know what I should do. My main concern is this plant is rubbing leaves with my blueberry which I do not want to lose. Are all my buds ruined for LDA. Blueberry is showing no signs of this stuff. Do I need to just chop LDA now and get her out of the tent. Can this stuff get airborne and reach NL5H :thedoubletake:

Any advice would be great. I'll scour the internet when I have time but I have a long work day today and will only have an hour with the plants when I get back tonight.

Read up on some good articles for PM and dropped by my local grow store and talked to them and showed them pics of the PM. They recommended this to spray on the leaves so I picked some up.
IMG_223615.jpg

I'll be spraying the foliage on Blueberry, Betty and Wilma before lights out tonight. As for LDA, I isolated her to my crawl space under stairs and she has been in total darkness for over 24 hours. I will chop her later today and will be doing a wash that'll be heavy on baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, and lemon. I may let her sit in that for a 1/2 hour. Then I'll rinse very good with tap water. Well see what she smells like in a few weeks. Any ammonia smell and the buds are getting tossed. I think I'll be fine though as I see no mold with the naked eye. My main concern is Blueberry and Wilma.

Update time. I started the flush on NL5H last Sunday. Her leaves are yellowing up very nicely. I will probably harvest her this Sunday. May wait another week if she gets fatter.

IMG_50564.JPG
IMG_222710.jpg
IMG_50748.jpg
IMG_50779.JPG

Loving my G8LED tent. I'll be moving the G8LED red ufo in there today. Hopefully PM doesn't haunt me on the remaining. Girls are so healthy and plants are really liking the FFOF soil, GO nutrients, and RO water combo. Wish I had room to put Betty and Wilma in bigger pots. Especially Wilma. I Think their bud growth is really taking a hit because of the tiny pot. I'm pretty sure Wilma is White Widow now. She is matching the description on Dutch Passions site. She is my most frosty plant I have grown thus far. Super sticky.

IMG_50335.JPG
IMG_50514.JPG
IMG_50409.jpg
IMG_22138.jpg
IMG_50416.JPG
IMG_221214.jpg
IMG_223113.jpg

In the first pic of the G8 tent you'll see 2 tiny plants in the bottom left corner. Those are the other NL5H clones. They been growing beneath big mama NL5H so were not getting much light. Just moved them to the other tent since LDA is out. I'll be happy to get any seeds from them. I'm thinking i'll get at least 40 seeds from the bigger clone.
:peace: :)

Hi All Smiles! Nice Grow, beautiful plants, just gorgeous! Looking forward to catching up on your journals! Great last thing to see before heading off to work - yum yum yummers! Thanks for sharing, cheers!

:yummy:

Thanks colorfuldayze. Glad you like it. Just finished harvesting LDA and washing it. :)

Well shit. The PM did spread to Blueberry on a few of her leaves. Not as bad as the pic above. I pruned all leaves that showed any signs of it. Only one leaf on Wilma had it. Betty and the clones didn't. Instead of spraying the fungicide directly on the leaves I soaked a paper towel and did a wipe down on all the leaves for all plants in that tent. I'm feeling a little bummed out cause I'm preparing for the worse but have hopes that this won't come back on this grow.

I'm a little puzzled at what caused this as my fans and out take fan with filter run 24/7. I just added another fan in there to blow at the lower parts of the plants. My temps don't go over 74 at its peak and humidity is only 30 - 40%. Whatever. F'n PM.

Good news is NL5H tent is unaffected. I'll be chopping her for sure this Sunday. Can't risk it. I'll put in some hydrogen peroxide in the bud wash for good measure.

Help! :helpsmilie:

Ok, I'm freakin out here. I've been flushing La Diva Auto with florakleen since Sunday and went to switch out the reservoir to plain RO water this morning and noticed what looks like mold or white powdery mildew. I knew this grow was going to smoothly.

IMG_220112.jpg
IMG_220213.jpg

The pic above is of the worse leave. There were a few other leaves with just a hint of white mold. I chopped off all the leaves with this stuff. The buds seem to be untouched, for now anyway.

Anyone know what I should do. My main concern is this plant is rubbing leaves with my blueberry which I do not want to lose. Are all my buds ruined for LDA. Blueberry is showing no signs of this stuff. Do I need to just chop LDA now and get her out of the tent. Can this stuff get airborne and reach NL5H :thedoubletake:

Any advice would be great. I'll scour the internet when I have time but I have a long work day today and will only have an hour with the plants when I get back tonight.

Hey AllSmiles. Sorry your garden got PM. I have never had to address PM in cannabis, but my two cents at this stage of your grow (since you are well into flowering/close to finishing) is that the cutting out the infected areas and isolating is the best management approach. Honestly I think that if I had PM prior to flowering I would terminate that grow, sterilize everything twice, and try and mitigate any sources. Your air and environment management sounds optimal. I've noticed on this grow that overlapping leaves get condensed water between them - which I'm assuming is moisture/water vapor that is transpiring up and out the stoma of the leaves that is condensing on the leaf directly above it. This could create optimal conditions for molds and fungus so I'm keeping a close eye on it. Hope this doesn't hurt your plants. Cheers!

Thanks colorfuldayze. I'm ok with it now. I'll be watching the plants closely to see if the PM comes back on this grow. I'm very happy it didn't go to my other tent and hit NL5H. I've read it doesn't go away but I'll wipe down the leaves again with the fungicide after a week. Hopefully I caught it early enough. If I keep seeing PM I'll probably finish this grow just for the seeds and toss the buds. I'm still hopeful it doesn't come to that. I think your right about the crowded plants possilbly being the culprit. I did not mean to grow this many plants when this journal first started :)

I don't plan on doing another grow for a few months so I'll be sanitizing that room real good after this journal.

Thanks colorfuldayze. I'm ok with it now. I'll be watching the plants closely to see if the PM comes back on this grow. I'm very happy it didn't go to my other tent and hit NL5H. I've read it doesn't go away but I'll wipe down the leaves again with the fungicide after a week. Hopefully I caught it early enough. If I keep seeing PM I'll probably finish this grow just for the seeds and toss the buds. I'm still hopeful it doesn't come to that. I think your right about the crowded plants possilbly being the culprit. I did not mean to grow this many plants when this journal first started :)

I don't plan on doing another grow for a few months so I'll be sanitizing that room real good after this journal.

Crossing my fingers. Mold and fungi are nasty monsters to deal with. Be safe w/ that fungicide! I have too many plants in my garden too and am going to have to cull one - hate it but it's the best move IMO. Cheers AllSmiles

NL5H has been harvested, washed, and trimmed :)

Last pic before chop.
IMG_50856.jpg
IMG_50906.JPG

Her root mass was so healthy. No slime of any kind and a nice clean smell.
IMG_224713.jpg
IMG_22499.jpg

Here they are getting washed up and hung to dry.
Bucket 1 - Room temp tap with baking soda, lemons, and some H2O2.
Bucket 2 - Warm/Hot tap water.
Bucket 3 - RO water.
Buds were plunged a few times and bathed for a couple minutes in each bucket.
IMG_223918.jpg
IMG_50939.JPG

All trimmed up. My back hurts :)
IMG_51007.jpg

I'll get a final weight out once they are ready to be jarred up.

Re: Grow 3 - LED Hydro: NL5xHaze, La Diva Auto, Soil: Blueberry

NL5 is growing out of her mind. Super fast growth. I can't believe she is only a little over 6 weeks old since germination. She has filled the 3' x 3' feet tent which has left me wondering how I'm going to flower my other girls when its time. I'll figure something out. I took 3 more clones from her since I really like this pheno. This time I used 1.5" rockwool inside of the hydroton. Seems I will have 100% success rate this time. Hopefully I will be successful making some fem seeds from them. The 3 clones were taken after 1 week of flower. She is now 28" tall and drinks 1.5 gallons a day. I've added the G8LED Red UFO since flowering has started.

IMG_45123.jpg
IMG_45172.JPG
IMG_45193.JPG
IMG_45203.JPG
IMG_45213.JPG

Hope everyones garden is doing well.
:peace::)

Nice setup!

AllSmiles, awesome pictures and thank you so much for sharing! That NL5H looks fantastic! Your gro has given me so much to think about and consider. I had never even heard of the washing technique and cannot wait to learn more about it. Awesome hanging drying area and method too - just awesome everything. +reps to you and thank you so much for sharing. Btw, I'd be more than willing to volunteer trimming in that garden any day! Cheers!

AllSmiles, awesome pictures and thank you so much for sharing! That NL5H looks fantastic! Your gro has given me so much to think about and consider. I had never even heard of the washing technique and cannot wait to learn more about it. Awesome hanging drying area and method too - just awesome everything. +reps to you and thank you so much for sharing. Btw, I'd be more than willing to volunteer trimming in that garden any day! Cheers!

Your welcome. Thank you for such kind words. The bud washing I learned from this thread here. Very great thread.
Bud Washing

I just use my scrog net that I built in my second grow to hang the washed buds :) It works perfect for my situation. I put a towel on the bottom so they can drip on the towel for an hour then I trim the buds and take the towel out. Washing in my opinion makes trimming a bit easier. Then your smoking clean buds and the trim is clean for edibles.

I will be pinging you for the next trim party :laughtwo:

There is some PM reappearing on Blueberry and Wilma. Some of it is near buds too:(. I have drenched them in 2parts water and 1 part milk. Will see what that does.

I also got some advice from Doc Bud to use Plant Doctor which i'll be trying to find locally here. A Hepa Filter will also be used in the room for future grows.

Numbers are in on NL5H. Picked up a couple gallon jugs to put her in.
Duration from germination to harvest: 106 days
Dry Weight: 192 grams :)
IMG_51096.JPG

Couldn't find any plant doctor locally anywhere. The plants seem to be growing very well through this minor PM problem. Blueberrys buds are getting nice and fat. Wilma continues to get super frosty. Blueberry seems to have pm under control. Wilma is now developing it more. I've cut off all the leaves of PM on Wilma circled in below pic.

So my plan is to just finish this grow while spraying with milk/water at 1 to 9 ratio to try and keep PM to a minimum. I mainly want to finish for the fem seeds. I will do a peroxide wash on them and cure as usual and will smell them and inspect visually afterwards. I'll decide then to vape'm if they pass inspection :)

IMG_51167.JPG
IMG_51155.JPG
IMG_51105.jpg

Betty(AK47) and NL5H seem to be pretty disease resistant. They have no PM even though they are right next to plants that do.

For those that celebrate I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Today I had to put Wilma down. PM was all over her buds and I just don't think the risk to my health was worth keeping her around. I may have to do the same with Blueberry:surrender: She is not as bad as Wilma but there are spots. If I do have to put her down I'll chop everything but the branch I pollinated and crossed with NL5H for fem seeds. It's been 3 weeks since I pollinated and I want to wait at least til week 5 to harvest the seeds. I just sprayed the PM spots with 3% H2O2. Her buds are so beautiful. Hopefully they can be saved.

Betty and NL5H clone have no PM at all :)

IMG_23549.jpg
IMG_23569.jpg
IMG_235712.jpg
IMG_235814.jpg
IMG_235911.jpg
IMG_236014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom