Grow 3 - LED Hydro - NL5 x Haze - La Diva Auto - Soil - Blueberry

Just wanted to post a quick update.

I started using a peroxide mix of 1 pint of h2o to 5 tbsp of 3% h2o2 to spray Blueberry last week. This has worked very well. There is no signs of PM from her to the naked eye at this point and the buds continue to swell. This is a first as the milk and fungicide before it slowed the pm but pm would always reappear after a couple days. So I'm pretty happy about this as she smells so good. Like a fresh bowl of blueberries. Fitting name for the strain.

One of the plants from my second grow hermed and it looks like Betty is a cross of AK 47 and Pineapple Chunk. When you rub your fingers on her stem she smells just like AK 47 did. A sandle woody and slightly fuely smell. But her buds smell of Pineapple Chunk. Pretty cool as I just went thru the grow and am positive of this. Can't wait to try her. I made some canna butter from the trim of both of them and the sugar cookies I made from the butter is one of my favorite past times. If this smokes like that I will be one happy man.

:peace: :)

Cheers cdaze. Glad to hear I'm growing something that is on your forever garden list. That means I made a good choice.:) I can't wait to try it. She is a real joy to grow I know that.

I'm still in search of what I want as my staple, go to strain. Maybe in a few years I'll know. I'm pretty new to growing and knowing what I'm smoking as far as strain and if its hybrid or landrace, sativa or indica. My knowledge of cannabis has grown exponentially over this past year. I can't get enough of reading about all the different strains and journals of other growers who share there successes and failures for that matter. I stopped smoking for over 18 years before it became legal here in CO. I knew right away I wanted to grow my own when it did get legalized. My plan is to grow many of the well rated strains I've read here in journals over these next few years. I'm sure I'll stumble on to one that blows me away. Though it feels like everything I've grown thus far has blown me away. They are definitely better than anything I had during my younger stoner years. It seems as though sativas are more to my liking from the strains I've grown so far.

:peace: cdaze

Getting close to harvest. Chop will probably happen in 9 days. The girls have been getting straight RO water for the last week. Blueberry is developing a slight purple hue to her.

IMG_51812.JPG
IMG_51384.JPG
IMG_51404.jpg
IMG_51304.JPG
IMG_51704.JPG

Hiya AllSmiles. Those are amazing pictures and great looking budz. Your photography is very impressive - and much appreciated :) BTW I couldn't resist and reached in to the monitor and gave those budz a lil test squishing!

:yummy:

I have a question for you mate. On 10-30-14 in your post #49, you had marked up the photo of LDA-auto as '38 days 18/6, day 28 12/12'. Does this mean that LDA was grown under 18/6 for 38 days at which time you switched to 12/12 for 66 days total? I've struggled since day one for years and several grows with my hybrid mutt auto strain. Some growers say 24 hours from seed to harvest, and others implement different light cycles w/ different strains. I haven't found anything definitive yet that is associated w/ strain-specific light cycles for autos and whether techniques also can vary the light needs. From what I've observed w/ my strain this grow, coupled with the access of information and everything wonderful in the 420 community since signing in a month ago, is that my strain most likely prefers a gradual decrease in light all the way down to 12/12 to finish. I cannot wait for my next gro in February to progress this and hopefully make a more definitive determination. Thanks again for the awesome update and info AllSmiles. Hope you have a great day, Cheers

blueberry looks fantastic.
Thanks STOP. Sure wish she wasn't hit with PM. She's appears to be doing great either way.

Hiya AllSmiles. Those are amazing pictures and great looking budz. Your photography is very impressive - and much appreciated :) BTW I couldn't resist and reached in to the monitor and gave those budz a lil test squishing!

:yummy:

I have a question for you mate. On 10-30-14 in your post #49, you had marked up the photo of LDA-auto as '38 days 18/6, day 28 12/12'. Does this mean that LDA was grown under 18/6 for 38 days at which time you switched to 12/12 for 66 days total? I've struggled since day one for years and several grows with my hybrid mutt auto strain. Some growers say 24 hours from seed to harvest, and others implement different light cycles w/ different strains. I haven't found anything definitive yet that is associated w/ strain-specific light cycles for autos and whether techniques also can vary the light needs. From what I've observed w/ my strain this grow, coupled with the access of information and everything wonderful in the 420 community since signing in a month ago, is that my strain most likely prefers a gradual decrease in light all the way down to 12/12 to finish. I cannot wait for my next gro in February to progress this and hopefully make a more definitive determination. Thanks again for the awesome update and info AllSmiles. Hope you have a great day, Cheers

Your welcome. You can cyber squeeze her all you want. :laughtwo:

As for LDA please don't look into how I grew her much. This is my first auto and I got some good advice from guerillahaze. The only reason I changed the light to 12/12 was because NL5H turned out to be a beast. I was only planning to get 2 zips from her so vegged nl5h for only 3 weeks. I did not know her growth would be so aggressive. She took over my entire 3x3' tent so fast. I wanted all my photo plants in the 3x3 but had no room after nl5h went into flower so I had to put Blueberry and the nl5h clones in with the auto tent. Betty and Wilma were seeds that didn't germ that I tossed in my outdoor vegetable garden and they ended up sprouting so I transferred them indoors. So in short I had no room for all the photo plants in the 3x3 so they had to share with the 2x3' auto tent. I had to flower all of the plants immediately since I ran out of real estate thus the switch to 12/12 for LDA. The crowded 2x3 tent i believe is what caused LDA to get PM. Who knows for sure though. In hind sight I wish I had gotten a 4x4 tent.

Thanks for asking though as others may have been wondering what the heck I was doing. I don't know what I'm doing half the time:) I really can't advise any on autos.

Cheers colorfuldayze :)

Thank you for the summary and excellent info AllSmiles. I've had too many plants the entire time as well. I'm not in a tent but am having/have had a lot of struggles w/ just about every parameter. Until I signed up last month and really started investigating and getting so much info and feedback from this community, I realized that all of this time I had NO idea what I was doing and that my rudimentary growing would have kept me in the same frustrating circle. Plus, I previously only grew once every 3-4 years (and this gro is my first in 5 years) so every time it was like, 'um ok, now what do the leaves look like on this plant and can I grow them outside in the winter?' lol.
One follow up question if I may, do you recall any notable changes or observations w/ LDA when you went from 18/6 to 12/12 i.e. robust growth, flowering, stretching vs. how it had performed prior to 12/12? Hope you have a great day AllSmiles, Cheers

When you get the journal up let me know cdayze. I'll try and help out where I can if I see something that's a big NO :) If anything have a good envrionment to grow is key.

As for LDA, she was a big failure in my eyes. Her growth was pretty slow through out and I didn't notice any change once the light schedule changed. The buds never really swelled and are very fluffy. I only pulled in 14 grams from her. I tested out maxibloom using lucas formula with her. I don't recommend that at all. Not for autos anyway. Her root mass was so small and not nearly as healthy as nl5h was. It didn't smell as clean as nl5h either. Maybe that was the reason for PM. No more maxibloom for my weed plants. I'll just use them on some house plants I have.

None oh my autos, well except franken super autos, produce much for roots without some sort of mycology at play. If your going to root boost with autos do it as soon as it is strong enough. 2-3rd set of leaves.

Your photos and your blueberry are off the wall! Serious. I got some BB in the closet right now and crossing my fingers. Flip in 6!

None oh my autos, well except franken super autos, produce much for roots without some sort of mycology at play. If your going to root boost with autos do it as soon as it is strong enough. 2-3rd set of leaves.

Your photos and your blueberry are off the wall! Serious. I got some BB in the closet right now and crossing my fingers. Flip in 6!

I have a couple more autos I got as freebies. I'll try and do them some justice next go around :) I hope your BB buds double the size of mine.

Thanks for the compliments on photos everyone. I'm fortunate to have a high quality canon 100mm macro lens which makes me look like I know what I'm doing. I'll take a little bit of credit for them though :)

Oooh did you say canon 100mm 2.8 macro? *drooooooool* I love a nice telephoto macro lense. Makes life easier when you use either high shutter speed or a tripod. The bokeh is so lovely. Try dialing it all the way down to 2.8 and let the shutter just rock the light difference. The background will be lovely if you shoot from far enough away. Add a pop flash or a remote flash and SHABLAM you got wicked awesome photos better than any seed bank!

I just killed one of my BBs and one haze so I put the rest of my BB in water. I can't wait for some updates on your next round of autos.

Yeah J, that's the one I have. It's a great lens. Produces the best bokeh for sure in my opinion and is amazing for portraits. It's a do it all lens for me. If you close the aperture some and lower the shutter speed it takes sick shots of trichomes that you can really blow up.

Sorry to hear about your BBs and haze. You'll rock the 2nd round of BBs.

Last pics before chop this weekend :) This is the first I have ran plants under G8 LED from beginning to end and I am very happy with the results. I'm really liking GO nutrients also and will use it for my next round. A lot of the leaves look like Maple leaves in Fall from all of the spraying done to keep powdery mildew on BB to a minimum.

IMG_51884.jpg

Here is my biggest NL5H Clone that I pollinated from clones using colloidal silver. Hopefully she is full of seeds.

IMG_238515.jpg

Here is Betty a cross of Pineapple Chunk and AK 47 from my 2nd grow. She is profusely sticky. I have plenty more seeds from both plants to grow this out right in a decent size pot next time. I just don't know which plant hermed on me, PC or AK 47. So seeds from one plant is a cross and the other is not. Guess I'll find out next time I grow the seeds.

IMG_52725.jpg

IMG_52564.JPG

IMG_52605.JPG

And Blueberry. Very surprised she turned out so well with the PM issue. The peroxide spray I found to be the best for the PM problem. It didn't totally get rid of it but kept the PM at bay better then the fungicide and milk/water spray.

IMG_52212.JPG
IMG_52134.jpg
IMG_52042.JPG
IMG_52242.JPG
IMG_52276.JPG
IMG_52454.JPG

Back
Top Bottom