Grow 3 - LED Hydro - NL5 x Haze - La Diva Auto - Soil - Blueberry

Thanks CS. I was nervous about the herm seed but it grew without any problems. Looks to be some quality smoke too.

Your the one that got me back on track with soil. :thumb: I pretty much did what you said. Picked up some FFOF, germed the seeds in paper towel, and placed the sprouts directly in the soil. They grew great. Read many places that FFOF is too hot for seedlings but they grew fine and healthy for me. I didn't use any Veg nutes on them at all :)

They grew great. Read many places that FFOF is too hot for seedlings but they grew fine and healthy for me. I didn't use any Veg nutes on them at all :)

Glad it worked out AS, they certainly look incredible. Funny you say that about feeding. I can typically get to wk 4-5 without any ferts - so I just get them started on some Bloom early, and push them in to twelves. :high-five:

Glad it worked out AS, they certainly look incredible. Funny you say that about feeding. I can typically get to wk 4-5 without any ferts - so I just get them started on some Bloom early, and push them in to twelves. :high-five:

Nice man. What do you mean by push them to twelves? Twelve inches tall?

BB got transplanted from red solo cup to 6" x 7" pot after 2 weeks from breaking soil. I then transplanted again to a 3 gal smart pot after 2 more weeks. I pretty much flowered immediately after cause I had no room. I started using GO ferts another week after that. There was never a need to feed before that as FFOF provided plenty. I can't wait to start up again. I'm not going to start flowering until alternating nodes on my next grow. I have yet to wait long enough for that to happen on all my grows :(

Yeah, it was a goal of mine to get some flowers in the can and then grow without the pitfalls of staring at it every day waiting for it to be finished. It makes a difference. ;)

Yeah, it was a goal of mine to get some flowers in the can and then grow without the pitfalls of staring at it every day waiting for it to be finished. It makes a difference. ;)

I hear ya Gov. I have plenty of supply now so I can let my next one veg out right. My next goal is to flower 3 plants in the 3x3. Train them right so they fit and wait for the alternating nodes before initiating flower cycle. Try to get ~2-3 zips per plant :)

10 weeks is my new minimum goal for all my grows. I VERY much prefer getting the good yield from fewer, bigger plants. I suppose there is a downside in that you may get bored having only one strain for several months. I don't. This time next year I may have a can full of Highland Nepalese and nothing else. That can't be a bad thing.

:cool:

10 weeks is my new minimum goal for all my grows. I VERY much prefer getting the good yield from fewer, bigger plants. I suppose there is a downside in that you may get bored having only one strain for several months. I don't. This time next year I may have a can full of Highland Nepalese and nothing else. That can't be a bad thing.

:cool:

Yeah, I think 10 weeks is a good minimum. I'm going to try to find the patience in me to veg that long for my next grow. At least until I see alternating nodes anyway. Seeing the great success with your current grow is very encouraging for me to veg longer.

Everything in the tent has been harvested and is now curing :slide:

I did a double washing since Blueberry was struck with PM. Did the same 3 part wash as with NL5H. I let the buds sit in the 1st bucket for about 10 minutes tough. After an hour I trimmed the buds and did a second washing. This time with only 2 buckets. First bucket was 1 part 3% h2o2 and 2 parts h2o and 2nd bucket was plain RO h2o. Let it sit in 1st bucket for 5 minutes then rinsed good in 2nd bucket. Here they are after the washes. Still super frosty and hopefully powdery mildew free :)

IMG_239611.jpg
IMG_241316.jpg
IMG_240114.jpg
IMG_240914.jpg

Here they are today right before going in curing jars.

IMG_242915.jpg
IMG_242512.jpg
IMG_241719.jpg

Pulled exactly 30 grams from BB. I'm happy with that as I snipped away a few buds and branches during the grow because of PM. Only got 8 grams from AK Chunk but that was to be expected as she got very little veg time and is in a small 6" x 7" pot.

My feminized seed project turned out great. I got 19 seeds from blueberry that I pollenated one bud with of the NL5H pollen I made using colloidal silver. I'm calling it Blue Light Haze :) Not sure how many fem seeds I have of NL5H as I'm curing the buds. Should be a similar number to the blueberry. There were 5 seeds that popped out during drying. Three were mature and the other 2 were green. I think next time I will wait 6 weeks before harvesting seeds.

IMG_248212.jpg
IMG_247919.jpg

I wanted to mention some good and bads on the products I used for this grow. I only have one bad and that is the Mars II 700 LED. 1/6th of the lights failed on me during flower. That's not the bad part. The Bad is their customer service. One of the MOST FRUSTRATING experiences ever. I went thru all of their troubleshooting and then they tried hard to get me to take it to a local electrician with me covering the expenses even though it was only 7 months old and they have a "3 year" warranty. After a week of back and forth emails they finally had me send it in to a technician in California. I'm going on 4 weeks now since the package was delivered to their door. I have been asking for updates from the electrician and he doesn't return any messages. I email china support and they respond saying the eletrician is old and by himself and to please understand. They then send a followup email asking what light I had and sent me an address of some random person asking me if this was my name and address. So they are extremely unorganized also. I will be doing a separate forum on their customer service soon as I think the community here at 420 deserve to know before making a long term investment decision. I will only detail the experience and not talk bad about them as it says on their site that talking bad will void your warranty. The previous sentence is not a joke and is on their website. I'll go into detail more when I create the forum. To this day I have not gotten my light back.

Now to the good. I really loved the GO nutrients and FFOF soil combination. The flowering nutes at least. I didn't use any of the veg nutes as I did not veg long enough and FFOF provided plenty. I'm sure they are great. Blueberry produced some very nice Buds with them. Best I've grown. I never ph adjusted them at all and was using RO water the entire time. Very healthy and they were battling PM.

Another good is the G8LED 240 LED. That small light performed well and plants had healthier foliage then plant grown under Mars. I'm convinced that the light is far superior then Mars. I highly recommend this light and may get another 240 to pair up with my existing one to power the 3' x 3' tent. I've contacted their customer service and they are very professional to deal with.

That wraps up another journal. Thank you 420 Magazine and the community here.
:peace: :)

Brilliant update AllSmiles. That is a beautiful harvest of both buds and seeds, well done sir. :Namaste:
That is a lot of darn fine good and useful info your sharing and thank you. You do a professional top notch job Smiles. Can't wait to check out your review. Am I looking at nug bud of the month :) Just a darn fine job sir.
ps AllSmiles, I finally got my first journal kicked off the other day, link in my sig. Thank you for sharing all of your choice efforts brah!

:bravo: :high-five:

Congrats on your harvest and your seeds! Those are some fine looking branches, holy cow. So happy for you and you garden.
Also, thanks for stepping up, and sharing your experiences with your LED panels. People can make their own choices, but they should know what those choices are.

Sorry for you hassles bro - but you and that G8 killed it imo. Top shelf.

OK, now what are you dropping!? :cheer:

Brilliant update AllSmiles. That is a beautiful harvest of both buds and seeds, well done sir. :Namaste:
That is a lot of darn fine good and useful info your sharing and thank you. You do a professional top notch job Smiles. Can't wait to check out your review. Am I looking at nug bud of the month :) Just a darn fine job sir.
ps AllSmiles, I finally got my first journal kicked off the other day, link in my sig. Thank you for sharing all of your choice efforts brah!

:bravo: :high-five:
Thanks cDayze. I appreciate it. I'm not sure about nug of the month. I still feel like I'm just getting my feet wet with growing. Maybe I'll partake in the festivities after the next grow :)

You have a journal up? I'm out the door and on my way :laughtwo:

Congrats on your harvest and your seeds! Those are some fine looking branches, holy cow. So happy for you and you garden.
Also, thanks for stepping up, and sharing your experiences with your LED panels. People can make their own choices, but they should know what those choices are.

Sorry for you hassles bro - but you and that G8 killed it imo. Top shelf.

OK, now what are you dropping!? :cheer:
Thanks man. I was really happy with the overall health of those plants through out the grow.

Looks like I may have my light back within a week. Sara, the rep for Mars-Hydro, participated in a new forum write up I did on my experience with their customer service and got me squared away pretty fast.

As for my next grow, man, I can't wait. Thinking of dropping a CBD Kush, Bubblicious, Utopia Haze, and either HolyGrail69 or one of my Blue Light Haze seeds. Wait, or mabye an Aurora Indica, Medusa, Motavation....damn I can't make up my mind.:laughtwo: A few of those strains I just mentioned :laughtwo: Probably won't start til after the holidays though. Sanitizing the grow room really good.

It's nice seeing your garden up and going again bro. I feel that balance has been restored in my life now :laughtwo:

:high-five:Merry Xmas.
I received the light yesterday SmokeSara. It is all repaired and working. Thank you so much for your help to resolve the light issue. You are awesome. :Namaste:

Merry Christmas everyone. I wish you all the warmest, joyous, happiest holidays.

Thought I would post a pic of the buds from this harvest. Here is what I will be enjoying these holidays. All cured and ready to be go:) The NL5H on the far right is my seeded bud. You can see a seed poking her head out in the middle of the bud.

IMG_52903.JPG

It might not be the warmest here but it will be joyous and happy for sure.
Happy Holidays everybody. :passitleft:
:peace::xmas:

Back
Top Bottom