Grow tent, LED light setting and height

Cheschire

Hey, I have a 2x4x6 Mars hydro tent with a 300w led adjustable light that has the double ballasts that each put out 150w on max power, and you can adjust it to 4 settings, 25, 50, 75, 100. "see attached pic". I'm new to led and was wondering how high to set them from the tops of my clones that are 2 weeks transplanted, and what setting to have it on since I bought this kit used and can't find adequate info even from the website. I figured out the light was too intense on 100 setting, I have it on 25 right now and 48" above canopy. Also what is the recommended temp and humidity for the 2x4x6 tent? I have found most of my "nutrient" problems have been climate/ light issues

IMG_20210622_102543.jpg

IMG_20210616_153955.jpg

IMG_20210622_102556.jpg

IMG_20210627_003355_015.jpg

IMG_20210627_003144.jpg

:welcome:
I assume thats just one psu and there 150 watt each.Right temps you might get away in veg 30c with the right strains
and grow room touch more. But for me a small home grower im looking for no more than 28c hot days pushing 30
But the aim is 25/6c in flower.R/H is veg can be high in the 60/70s you prob get away with.But flower your looking at 40/50 ideally 40ish.And your led is now at 25% and so far away should be fine. recommended settings for leds tend to be a guild anyway.12/16/20/40 inchs tend to be around the height most recommend Some now claim 8/10 .Looks like you might of had it turned up and pretty close looking alittle bleached and under feed.Is that coco ?

Hey, I have a 2x4x6 Mars hydro tent with a 300w led adjustable light that has the double ballasts that each put out 150w on max power, and you can adjust it to 4 settings, 25, 50, 75, 100. "see attached pic". I'm new to led and was wondering how high to set them from the tops of my clones that are 2 weeks transplanted, and what setting to have it on since I bought this kit used and can't find adequate info even from the website. I figured out the light was too intense on 100 setting, I have it on 25 right now and 48" above canopy. Also what is the recommended temp and humidity for the 2x4x6 tent? I have found most of my "nutrient" problems have been climate/ light issues

IMG_20210622_102543.jpg

IMG_20210616_153955.jpg

IMG_20210622_102556.jpg

IMG_20210627_003355_015.jpg

IMG_20210627_003144.jpg
Hello @Cheschire welcome to 420magazine.
Skunksa made some good points there.
My concern would be nutrients.
She is probably bleached from light yes but she is uniformity light in color.
Usually indicates not eating properly.
What's in the pot and what are you feeding?
What ph?
Bill

:welcome:
I assume thats just one psu and there 150 watt each.Right temps you might get away in veg 30c with the right strains
and grow room touch more. But for me a small home grower im looking for no more than 28c hot days pushing 30
But the aim is 25/6c in flower.R/H is veg can be high in the 60/70s you prob get away with.But flower your looking at 40/50 ideally 40ish.And your led is now at 25% and so far away should be fine. recommended settings for leds tend to be a guild anyway.12/16/20/40 inchs tend to be around the height most recommend Some now claim 8/10 .Looks like you might of had it turned up and pretty close looking alittle bleached and under feed.Is that coco ?
It is Malibu compost soil mix

Hello @Cheschire welcome to 420magazine.
Skunksa made some good points there.
My concern would be nutrients.
She is probably bleached from light yes but she is uniformity light in color.
Usually indicates not eating properly.
What's in the pot and what are you feeding?
What ph?
Bill
Yes. I had a post last week about pH problems. I'm using Malibu compost soil mix in 3gal. pots, I'm using "Raw all in one" veg fertilizer-water soluble. Using RO water. This is my second go at these white walker clones and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I pH my water to 6-6.2 using nectar from the gods pH down. Like I was saying on my last thread, no matter how low I would make my pH, the soil and run-off would never be below 7- 7.5. Everyone said don't worry about the actual pH of the soil, and the runoff shouldn't matter as long as I'm consistently putting the same pH in the water. I know I need to add cal-mag, that was a big problem with my last clones, I only do half strength fertilizer at most, and was feeding once a week.

IMG_20210609_115139.jpg

Yes. I had a post last week about pH problems. I'm using Malibu compost soil mix in 3gal. pots, I'm using "Raw all in one" veg fertilizer-water soluble. Using RO water. This is my second go at these white walker clones and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I pH my water to 6-6.2 using nectar from the gods pH down. Like I was saying on my last thread, no matter how low I would make my pH, the soil and run-off would never be below 7- 7.5. Everyone said don't worry about the actual pH of the soil, and the runoff shouldn't matter as long as I'm consistently putting the same pH in the water. I know I need to add cal-mag, that was a big problem with my last clones, I only do half strength fertilizer at most, and was feeding once a week.

IMG_20210609_115139.jpg
Why are you only feeding half strength nutrients?
Ph around 6.4 is perfect.
Feed more nutrients.
Soil= feed/dry/water/dry/feed/dry/water/dry
Thats your objective in soil.
Don't skimp on nutrients.
Bill

High ! The 1st thing I would do is remove the Drivers from the light & set them on top of the tent on a board or something. It will help lower your temp. They look slightly heat or light stressed; but not bad.
Never heard of that soil. Does it have any nutes in it ?
I pH to 6.4; but never bother checking run off. Your plants are hungry.... no doubt about that. Feeding stronger might clear up your Mag. issue or you could add some Epsom Salts to your feed schedule or Foliar Spray with Epsom Salt water to fix that if you don't have Cal Mag.
As far as Clones go.... they are already adult plants so 25% light is probably not enough. I start clones at a minimum of 50% at about 24" - 30" high. I never run my light at 100%. 90% is good enough. Your light will burn out much faster if you run it at 100%. Run at 90% & lower the light some & you accomplish the same thing to a point. I'm talking later in the grow on this part.
Hope this helps some.

Why are you only feeding half strength nutrients?
Ph around 6.4 is perfect.
Feed more nutrients.
Soil= feed/dry/water/dry/feed/dry/water/dry
Thats your objective in soil.
Don't skimp on nutrients.
Bill
This is why I started posting threads on here, I keep getting different information from either the grow store that I go to, my buddy that sold me my set up, and other growers. My last clones had pH lock out/ nutrient burn from just regular dose fertilizer, hence the pH issue thread, I've been told to do half strength fertilizer to prevent build up. These clones are literally doing the exact same shit as last go round and I'm just absolutely stumped and don't know which direction to go or who to listen to because most everyone has a different opinion/ diagnosis

I would say take a read of emilya's watering thread in soil.I wouldnt say the info was wrong for that grow.
More light more food water etc. Build up will come from over feeding then thinking your plants are not getting
enough food and feeding more even at half strength if you lady is not feeding its all going to build up.Seems like
this is a new problem and your dealing with it how you dealt with the old one. If you get me.

PS. anyone on here who grows in soil will agree its a must read. (emilya's watering thread)

This is why I started posting threads on here, I keep getting different information from either the grow store that I go to, my buddy that sold me my set up, and other growers. My last clones had pH lock out/ nutrient burn from just regular dose fertilizer, hence the pH issue thread, I've been told to do half strength fertilizer to prevent build up. These clones are literally doing the exact same shit as last go round and I'm just absolutely stumped and don't know which direction to go or who to listen to because most everyone has a different opinion/ diagnosis
I've never used that soil so I looked it up.
Main ingredient is coco coir. But also a ton of good nutrients.
So it should be able to feed girls that small.
Its a bit of a basterdized mix.
I might try dropping my ph.
Straight coco is 5.8 but all the additional ingredients make it more like soil .
Try and drop the ph to 5.8. And see if she starts eating.
It also has water retention properties so make sure you let it dry well in-between watering.
@NuttyProfessor is good with soil mixes let's see if he is around to have a look.
NuttyProfessor are you busy?
Bill

Seems like I run into a lot of people who have trouble in soil mixes with Coco & Peat bases. There's soils I can't grow anything with & other soils I do well with. I can not grow in Bio-Biz or Pro-Mix. My plants die every time. But with Fox Farms I have good grows.

I've never used that soil so I looked it up.
Main ingredient is coco coir. But also a ton of good nutrients.
So it should be able to feed girls that small.
Its a bit of a basterdized mix.
I might try dropping my ph.
Straight coco is 5.8 but all the additional ingredients make it more like soil .
Try and drop the ph to 5.8. And see if she starts eating.
It also has water retention properties so make sure you let it dry well in-between watering.
@NuttyProfessor is good with soil mixes let's see if he is around to have a look.
NuttyProfessor are you busy?
Bill
Ok. I'm going to give them a full strength dose of nutrients -see image- at a pH of 5.8 using reverse osmosis water with 0 ppm, I have set my light at 50% and is 30" above canopy. Should I give them some cal-mag also?

IMG_20210627_202332.jpg

IMG_20210627_201115.jpg

IMG_20210627_173226.jpg

IMG_20210627_173218.jpg

IMG_20210627_173211.jpg

IMG_20210627_173203.jpg

After about 5 runs using GH 3 part bottled nutrients I tried the NPK line up. It didn't work well for me. I'm not sure why. Lots of people have success with it. However it was an immediate flop for me. I went back to the GH 3 part until I found a good Jack's mix that I like.

Perhaps not the greatest answer but may be noteworthy.

Ok. I'm going to give them a full strength dose of nutrients -see image- at a pH of 5.8 using reverse osmosis water with 0 ppm, I have set my light at 50% and is 30" above canopy. Should I give them some cal-mag also?

IMG_20210627_202332.jpg

IMG_20210627_201115.jpg

IMG_20210627_173226.jpg

IMG_20210627_173218.jpg

IMG_20210627_173211.jpg

IMG_20210627_173203.jpg
From what I see on that bag it appears low on a lot of things. I use Mega Crop. Look at the NPK profile on this bag.
2.png

I'm going to ask @MrSauga to reply about your nutes. This guy is top notch with nute calculations.

Is Fox Farms available in most grow stores?
It's probably the most popular soil out there. I haven't been to any Hydro store that doesn't carry it in the U.S.
Some people use the Happy Frog Version to start seeds. Then when they up-pot they use the Ocean Forest Version.
I use the Fox Farms Ocean Forest Version from start to finish.

Since your nutes don't seem to have much Cal Mag & you are using a Coco Base Soil I would be adding Cal Mag. But please wait for Mr Sauga because he can tell you exactly what to do. Bill 284 is also good; but not sure how into the nute calculation stuff he is.

From what I see on that bag it appears low on a lot of things. I use Mega Crop. Look at the NPK profile on this bag.
2.png

I'm going to ask @MrSauga to reply about your nutes. This guy is top notch with nute calculations.
The RAW 3 part in general doesn't have a good NpK to start with. You'd like to see more N overall, and the K.Ca
MG RATIO SHOULD BE CLOSER To 4.2.1. Sorry for the caps.

Adding calmag will definitely help. Too much P in that mix as well. Ideally you want 5 parts N, 2 parts P, and 5 parts K for a good NPK ratio.

Back
Top Bottom