Growchy's Purple Series - Purpletually Purple

Well Growchy, You and Mrs. Growch have inspired me. I ordered some purple haze last night. Got lucky and caught them on sale so got 20 beans for the price of 10. Now I need some GDP. Plus some blue dream and GSCE for later. :Namaste:

I have a curved blade trimmer and they're pretty sweet for close trimming
I like getting the leaves from underneath right at the base so no leaf stem sticks out from the buds. You can always tell the first trimmed bud from the last though lol
Well Growchy, You and Mrs. Growch have inspired me. I ordered some purple haze last night. Got lucky and caught them on sale so got 20 beans for the price of 10. Now I need some GDP. Plus some blue dream and GSCE for later. :Namaste:
Glad we could help! We have a few purple strains that we really want to try soon!
Haha quit while ya still can seriousburner!. Thanks guys ill have to get some of those trimmers before the big harvest comes in. .
Gotta gear up for the big trim job! Gotta get Edward trimmerhands in there!

Approximately 6 week's from sprout. Givin her a haircut tn
C7083889-432B-4AC4-9C91-778997844085.jpeg

B603D2C8-0C06-4358-B779-E9F383086376.jpeg
229ECA5A-3531-4079-AE37-016243F50016.jpeg

Shes bushing out nicely mrs g.. gonna be a beastly gal! I do that same thing growchy.. get in there and cut each leaf at the base where it attaches to the stem. Feels like it would make your buds taste and smoke better not leaving all that leafy material in it. My dd auto is like schwag weed compaired to what ive been growin.. one of the reasons is cause its so leafy. Tastes nasty and doesnt burn well. Bleh!!

Has anyone used an ipower trimmer yet? I’m going to buy one. YouTube

I did not see this earlier. I used one and was not impressed with it. I know people that like them but I found it was almost easier to just hand trim. You def get better looking product hand trimming. If you cut all of your big fans before you use these trimmers they are not bad but If you are going to cut the big fans anyways why not get the rest by hand? thats how I have looked at it anyways.

Random question, if you create female seeds out of a purple pheno you've found are the seeds more likely to turn purple?

Random question, if you create female seeds out of a purple pheno you've found are the seeds more likely to turn purple?

It simply means that you have the genetic coding in the genes to create purple phenos....whether or not seeds from it will produce purple isn't a guarantee though. So in the simplest of terms, yes....you will find seeds more likely to turn purple but relative to what is really the question. Tough to say if a green pheno of a strain will potentially produce any purple plants without knowing more about the strain. It boils down to dominant and recessive traits really.....and thats a whole additional conversation.

It simply means that you have the genetic coding in the genes to create purple phenos....whether or not seeds from it will produce purple isn't a guarantee though. So in the simplest of terms, yes....you will find seeds more likely to turn purple but relative to what is really the question. Tough to say if a green pheno of a strain will potentially produce any purple plants without knowing more about the strain. It boils down to dominant and recessive traits really.....and thats a whole additional conversation.
Thanks, this makes sense. Pretty sure I'm just being hopeful about one of my plants but seems to be a little purple but too early to tell.

You speak my language I was just saying this to Growchy before reading your response. So glad he makes me read first lol
In simple genetics if you cross two plants that show a dominant trait but carry the same recessive one then 25% of genes will be 100% recessive traits, 25% of genes will be 100% dominant and 50% will be dominant with recessive potential. But without knowing the lineage it's all by chance.

Back
Top Bottom