Growing A Legend: An Auto Tribute To Jack Herer

So are we proposing an end date for the challenge?

I think its should be over when the plants are harvested. Everyone is growing under different lighting and in different environments so finish will come at different times for all of us. Even if there is a 2 or 3 week difference in finish times, I am ok with that.

How does everyone else feel about it?

I think its should be over when the plants are harvested. Everyone is growing under different lighting and in different environments so finish will come at different times for all of us. Even if there is a 2 or 3 week difference in finish times, I am ok with that.

Works for me

Is it Monday yet? Jeez, never said that before.

I'm still wrestling with whether to give it a few weeks veg time before I have to flip to 12/12 for the other plants I have going right now though. I don't wanna keep putting my Panama x Malawis off from flower or they're going to totally overshadow the poor Jack and not give it any light lol

I get it brother....trust me. We might not get the light loss that our northern neighbors get, but I can tell you with my reduced mobility due to my back and ability to do the things I used to be able to do I feel that weight. Its hard to battle those invisible monsters brother. Its much easier to fight something I see.....but its tough when every time I get dressed, every time shower, every time bend over, every time twist....I get a jolt that reminds me that its not going anywhere. I don't allow myself to throw pity parties...but I just haven't found how to compartmentalize this issue compared to other issues I have dealt with. It just feels like a lot of the times, this back pain seems to be a prison. Its tough for someone that was as physically active as I was my whole life to not be able to any of the things I used to do.

So now I channel everything into my plants. They, along with a great woman and the wonderful people on here are my outlet. But shit man, what I wouldn't give to lose this back pain. I finally get it people say that chronic pain wears on you.....and for me it leads to those mental monsters that are harder to fight.

You're bloody right my son. The body and mind are are two parts of a larger integrated system. One adds to or detracts from the other. I know I've done a lot less fishing the last couple years and right now I'm not doing much with my little hobby projects right now. I should though; there's people waiting on me with that. But I don't ignore my girls.

And speaking of my girls, my 13 year-old niece got down to Florida yesterday with her aunt (my sister-in-law with the cancer). I'm some glad to see that. Her parents don't have a lot of money and the rest of us chip in with her. This is her best vacation yet, but I had the honor of bringing her on her first one when we backpacked it to Newfoundland when she was nine. When I saw the picture of her that she posted this morning (swimming in an outdoor pool in February - nice) it raised my spirits a bit. Who am I kidding - it lifted me a lot! She's the one I'm helping with her math. I'd walk into a fire for her - and she'd follow me right in there. I taught her how to shoot a few years back and bought her and myself pellet guns at the same time. We did a lot of shooting together. When I'm down I like to think about her. She's had a hard go of it but she has the strength of a bull elephant.

I just huffed back a gagger of NYC Diesel and I'm feeling a bit relaxed now. And there's a quarter oz of BM waiting for me and the wife's bringing it up to me when she gets a break at work. Cool.

Well, I like that with a little caveat added to it. The last of the plants are to be harvested two weeks after the first one. Sound good?

All good with me. Assuming people harvest earlier than others we can compare those photos, as they occurred individually, once everyone is harvested ("Best Bud" should be in there!)

Is it Monday yet? Jeez, never said that before.

I'm still wrestling with whether to give it a few weeks veg time before I have to flip to 12/12 for the other plants I have going right now though. I don't wanna keep putting my Panama x Malawis off from flower or they're going to totally overshadow the poor Jack and not give it any light lol

It's a comparison of growing styles we're doing so why not give it a try? Peoples say you can't put goldfish and tropical fish together but I tried it anyway... it works. It'd be good to know if you can successfully do it with photos and autos too.

Well, I like that with a little caveat added to it. The last of the plants are to be harvested two weeks after the first one. Sound good?

I am ok with that as long as there isn't a crazy plant that finished crazy fast......for example.....ours is supposed to be a 9 week strain. If one of us finish in 8 for whatever reason and no one else is close to being finished, I don't think the others who might be a the mercy of different genetics or different environments should have to end their grow soon.

Of course here we are trying to prepare for potential scenarios that play out ......hell everyone might finish within a week or two of each other. My vote is let everyone go to finish baring any crazy situation that arises in which case we can put that crazy outlier to a vote. Granted I have never grown an Auto but I thought the plant pretty much does what it wants to, when it wants to......so lets let it do what it wants to do and see what we can all come up with.

Again, I don't care one way or another about winning or who wins, but I am good with whatever rules the group wants. If the group wants a two week window, I am good with that. If we want to let everyone go until completion, I am good and in favor of that.

I think so too.....good call!

I'm down for letting them all finish to their full potential, after all.....thats what this all about.....getting to the end successfully, whatever the route.

Well one thing to consider is that even with the same grower and method, any one of these seeds could have finished faster than the others. For the sake of a comparison grown, the start date being static is good, but I think the finish date definitely depends on the plants. I mean even in the spirit of competition, when the race is over they don't just tell the other cars not to finish :p

My run at this is a little interesting because I'm also in the middle of a seed making project. So I have a couple of powerhouse crosses, Panama x Malawi and Platinum Girl Sout Cookies x Cherry OG, with identical clones in each tent. The thing with using colloidal silver is you're supposed to give them a few sprays before you flip to 12/12, and ideally you want to flip the reversal plants that you'll be using to pollinate 2 weeks ahead of the plants you intend to pollinate them with. I haven't even flipped the reversal plants yet, so I may still be giving the JH at least 2 weeks veg time while I wait to flip my seed plants.

If all works out, should have some (Panama x Malawi)/(Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG) x Jack Herer feminized beans as well. Will be interesting to grow those though, since some would be auto and some photoperiod. I think I'd have to find the autoflowers, and reverse them with CS again to make a steady line of either, but it would just be for kicks.

I just so don't want to wait another 2 weeks to flip lol But as they say, patience is a virtue

I'm down for letting them all finish to their full potential, after all.....thats what this all about.....getting to the end successfully, whatever the route.

Amen brother. Thats the goal and I want to see everyone get there, regardless of how long it takes any particular grower.

I am toying around with some gag gift types of prizes for different categories (smallest plant/yield) (Biggest bud) etc. Now I don't want to offend or make anyone that falls into those categories. In other words, if someone grows the smallest plant.....and I give them the gag gift, I dont want the gag gift hurt anyone's feelings.

I am up for additional gag gifts to make this fun.

Holy shit you guys started early today and talked a mile a minute! I can tell you I'll be posting pics all along the way. This is going to be the only place I'm journaling the JH!

I vote everyone harvests when they would normally harvest, with the trichomes however they like them. If it makes it easier, when we're all done we can each post our best plant pic and best bud pic (like the contests), to make it so no one has to scroll back through 317 pages to find ones they like.

BTW are we starting at 12am Monday, and if so, whose time zone? ;)

It's a comparison of growing styles we're doing so why not give it a try? Peoples say you can't put goldfish and tropical fish together but I tried it anyway... it works. It'd be good to know if you can successfully do it with photos and autos too.

Yep any different growing style will add info. Interesting to see what a 4 to 6 hour difference makes.

Well one thing to consider is that even with the same grower and method, any one of these seeds could have finished faster than the others. For the sake of a comparison grown, the start date being static is good, but I think the finish date definitely depends on the plants. I mean even in the spirit of competition, when the race is over they don't just tell the other cars not to finish :p

My run at this is a little interesting because I'm also in the middle of a seed making project. So I have a couple of powerhouse crosses, Panama x Malawi and Platinum Girl Sout Cookies x Cherry OG, with identical clones in each tent. The thing with using colloidal silver is you're supposed to give them a few sprays before you flip to 12/12, and ideally you want to flip the reversal plants that you'll be using to pollinate 2 weeks ahead of the plants you intend to pollinate them with. I haven't even flipped the reversal plants yet, so I may still be giving the JH at least 2 weeks veg time while I wait to flip my seed plants.

If all works out, should have some (Panama x Malawi)/(Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG) x Jack Herer feminized beans as well. Will be interesting to grow those though, since some would be auto and some photoperiod. I think I'd have to find the autoflowers, and reverse them with CS again to make a steady line of either, but it would just be for kicks.

I just so don't want to wait another 2 weeks to flip lol But as they say, patience is a virtue

Well, this isn't officially a competition anyway, and I personally look on it as a semi-scientific experiment, and if you're interested in even partway playing geneticist, by all means feel free! I'm developing my own pot for this. I plan on doing an ATF x auto this summer to stabilize for my conditions and I'd love to see how something like that comes out!

Amen brother. Thats the goal and I want to see everyone get there, regardless of how long it takes any particular grower.

I am toying around with some gag gift types of prizes for different categories (smallest plant/yield) (Biggest bud) etc. Now I don't want to offend or make anyone that falls into those categories. In other words, if someone grows the smallest plant.....and I give them the gag gift, I dont want the gag gift hurt anyone's feelings.

I am up for additional gag gifts to make this fun.

Gag gifts would be good for a laugh. Makes for another thing to look forward to. If someone were to contact CKS and Greenhouse, do you think they'd pitch in?

Back
Top Bottom