Growing Big Plants - First Time Ever Growing

I looked where I thought I read a mention of it but - my mistake, it was Ghost OG they were talking about.
If you're looking for a strain to knock you on your ass - Pineapple Chunk is the strongest I've grown so far. I get about .70 to .75- grams per watt with it. It's in my journal throughout, as one of the three main strains I've been growing for the last year, and the last harvest I did of it was an incredible looking plant- probably about 5 or more pages back from the latest page I'm guessing.

Edit- here's the link to that harvest. Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late!
Pics a bit blurry because it was getting dark out at the time.

I looked where I thought I read a mention of it but - my mistake, it was Ghost OG they were talking about.
If you're looking for a strain to knock you on your ass - Pineapple Chunk is the strongest I've grown so far. I get about .70 to .75- grams per watt with it. It's in my journal throughout, as one of the three main strains I've been growing for the last year, and the last harvest I did of it was an incredible looking plant- probably about 5 or more pages back from the latest page I'm guessing.

Edit- here's the link to that harvest. Oh No - It's A Green Hole! - Reverse Thrusters! - Dammit - Too Late!
Pics a bit blurry because it was getting dark out at the time.

if what leafly says is true the ghost train haze is a cross of that ghost OG with Neville’s Wreck. that was a awesome looking lady i must say. i'm defiantly gonna look into that pineapple chunk

thanks for the advice and letting me know thats normal for leaves to do that i was getting concerned. i just couldn't figure out were the pic attachment button was though, i was just to baked to look lol but i remeber next time.

yeah thecapn tut about 10oz perpetual harvest and how to top your way to a 1lb monster was the most informative tutorials I've read so far, i took a lot of aspects of my grow system and plant training from it.
How To: 10oz per plant perpetual indoors
How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster
How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield

I'm in for this ride, mate.
And thank you for linking these...I'm about to dive in and give them a nice read through; absorbing everything as I start.
Very very nice work on your first grow, I hope I'm even remotely as successful as you!:bravo::popcorn:

I'm in for this ride, mate.
And thank you for linking these...I'm about to dive in and give them a nice read through; absorbing everything as I start.
Very very nice work on your first grow, I hope I'm even remotely as successful as you!:bravo::popcorn:

I'm right there with ya buddy. i just recently joined this site and everything i learned beside what has been shared with me directly in this forum has been months of research and planning. that's why i made this journal to give back to the many individuals who have shared there experience and knowledge with the community.

if you want pm me and ill send you some links on the kiss method with maxi-bloom dry, Lucas formula really is amazing shit. and where got flow table design off one on a different forum,used some slightly different pieces, i used 1in pvc for the table and 1/2inch pvc for scrogg

Snoofer's Rockwool Cloning Technique
awesome cloning in rock wool tut here, though i didn't use any no damp, instead i laid rock on the bottom of my tray and use a glass jar with an air stone inside the dome to keep the moisture right. first time cloning and 100% roots in 13days.

hope this further assists you in research, i smoke one for you for good luck.

Yes and its fantastic it took the whole 6 pack wich isn't bad at all ive gone thru packs of some beans just to get a descent pheno. But ya they are s1's and i found a great pheno it has that awesome kush og stank to it and the potency is good as can be great all day smoke for me the yiel is pretty average just top her and she widdens out pretty nice mines about 60 days on average 12 in start.

Yes and its fantastic it took the whole 6 pack wich isn't bad at all ive gone thru packs of some beans just to get a descent pheno. But ya they are s1's and i found a great pheno it has that awesome kush og stank to it and the potency is good as can be great all day smoke for me the yiel is pretty average just top her and she widdens out pretty nice mines about 60 days on average 12 in start.

defiantly seems like a bomb strain I'm gonna add that pretty lady to my research list. i haven't dug into different phenos yet, i want to but its kinda hard because of my limited space of my apartment, basically my grows right now are like big versions of micro grows.

Its all good there is nothing wrong with that ive been there before just keep working hard and things will fall in line if you need any more advice let me know I've been doing this awhile.

small update 44 days into flower, lowered my tube about 3 inch's and threw the wing reflector back on and man i can see she getting fatter. oh and i'm getting leaves turning yellow at the tip and moving inward, i read that's normal though..

20160124_233646354.jpg
20160124_233623392.jpg
20160124_233611231.jpg
20160123_154046839.jpg
20160123_154052782.jpg
20160123_154057960.jpg

Ive been noticing fresh white hairs/ new bud growth at the top of a couple main colas about 1/2 inch worth and she 47 days into flower, is this normal?????

Definitely IMO. They'll do that. Especially my sativas seem to keep shooting out a few right up till the end, and putting out foxtails (little tufts of new growth, and that's after over 100 days of flowering. Even with the indica crosses I find they'll often do little growth spurts of new pistils just when you think they're starting to wind down.

Definitely IMO. They'll do that. Especially my sativas seem to keep shooting out a few right up till the end, and putting out foxtails (little tufts of new growth, and that's after over 100 days of flowering. Even with the indica crosses I find they'll often do little growth spurts of new pistils just when you think they're starting to wind down.

thanks weasel, i was hoping so, also now that i think about it, since Ive been sick the past few days, off work. i have been tending to her more and doing some trimming of those small bud sites down low that i can reach and are not gonna get very big over the past couple days, maybe that has something to do with it too. its hard to get all this small new bud site growth down low that just keeps popping especially towards the back being so bushy

Ya just get as much as you can remember your dealing with mother nature she will keep trying to out wit you at every turn it sounds like your putting in the work so you should be fine i have a chem va cut that will do that in late flower that's nature's way of one last ditch effort to get some pollen. Its definetly normal.

Ya just get as much as you can remember your dealing with mother nature she will keep trying to out wit you at every turn it sounds like your putting in the work so you should be fine i have a chem va cut that will do that in late flower that's nature's way of one last ditch effort to get some pollen. Its definetly normal.

thanks boss1, i figured that it was normal but still good to check. also i been reading on reducing lights on time to help with finishing but it seems i see many saying leave it 12/12 and some say to start decreasing light on time a little at a time. any recommendation on when and how much if any at all to decrease light on time.

advice needed , i just finished 1 hr of squinting through a microscope and about 90 percent of the trics are cloudy , i spotted several amber trics each colas i checked. it will be 50 days into flower tomorrow jan 31st should i wait untill i see about 20% amber trics before i start the two weeks flush or wait until i see like 50% amber trics???? also should i reduce my lights on time when flush is started???

I would start flush right away. That is just a personal opinion. It depends on the high you are after. You do not want to wait for 50% amber though. As the trichs go cloudy to amber that means the thc is starting to get to its potential and starting to degrade. I would think you would want to pull it with no more than 20% amber, but again, it is the type of high your looking for.. .more cloudy is more of a heady type high...more amber is more of a couch lock type high.

If you're growing first time- maybe I wouldn't reduce the lighting hours. I've been doing it but I'm growing mostly sativas which as I mentioned are flowering for 100+ days. There are benefits to cutting the hours and simulating 'fall'. But it also can reduce yield a little. It doesn't seem like your short flowering strain is having trouble finishing and I'd just leave well enough alone. If you want to try it in future you'll have something to compare to. Just my 2c- really you could do it either way with success.

Back
Top Bottom