Growing More With Less, Is It Possible?

So my plants are now in week 5 (day 33) of flowering, and they are pretty damn good given the conditions they are growing in.

Let me break it down.

Strain •

2 Photo Fem - Black Domina
Topped 3 times, no scrog netting, doing LST by bending and using shoe laces to tie branches down.

Equipment •

1-100W Light from ViparSpectra
1-12" pedestal Fan

There's no way to monitor, pH, Rh, or Temp, EC, Light intensity. No vent systems, no tents, nothing. Just the bare minimum. Basically eye balling the whole grow.

That's it

Nutrients

17-17-17 Intended for Orchids (with no micro)
11-6-8 Generic (with micro) ONLY AS FOLIAR SPRAY

Soil is 30% Worm Castings, 60% Forest soil (locally sourced) 10% SugarCane straw with some wood chips on the bottom.

The plants have been well up until this point, but now I'm worried about their feed schedule since I won't be able to feed them anything without Nitrogen.

So far I have been mixing it up with 20% dose of the 17-17-17

I'm extremely worried about Calcium deficiencies, but growing like this would be easy if I was able to use everything.

These are the plants today, remember they are on day 33 of flower.

IMG_20231122_193844~2.jpg

IMG_20231122_201126.jpg
IMG_20231122_080123.jpg
Pretty darn good for a 100 watt light

Looking good. I think the plants curling down is more a sign of nitrogen toxicity than light or heat stress. i’m not sure how you adjusted when heading into flower so i’ll refrain from any advice as you may have already cut nitrogen feeding but if not i’d back down some.

other than that they are looking killer and obviously very loved. great job :high-five:

Looking good. I think the plants curling down is more a sign of nitrogen toxicity than light or heat stress. i’m not sure how you adjusted when heading into flower so i’ll refrain from any advice as you may have already cut nitrogen feeding but if not i’d back down some.

other than that they are looking killer and obviously very loved. great job :high-five:
That's a challenge, because their nutes all have nitrogen, no way for me to feed without N, the best nute I have (that was locally sourced) is intended for Orchids 😂 it's a 17-17-17 with no micro, but I'm giving them a small dose of liquid worm castings humus which is rich in micro. So I have been balancing those out to feed, basically just feeding when she's hungry, I been doing everything on they fly. No way to avoid N feeding without bringing the nutes from the US, and this grow is meant to see if it's viable to grow here in Cuba, the only thing I imported to Cuba were the seeds, that had to be smuggled in, and the 100w LED light. So everything has to be with the minimum imported goods, how ever without using Jdam, my grow is like growing indoors inside Cuba 😂 so I gotta keep it original. Next grow I will be adding a Ventilation system because I will expand into 6 plants and the smell will be problematic since the penalty for growing here is 20 years, but all plants will be grown in this same style, I will build a wooden tent for them and I will bring 3 more lights. Bigger grow to see if it's scalable.

Yikes! Is legalization even up for discussion?
Nope, just having a weed leaf 🌿 on a lighter or a shirt is an offense. If you get caught smoking, they will force you to say who provided the ganja, or else they will slam the hammer down on you for 20. Smoking weed here is a common thing underground, like really underground, because if state security catches you, your fked you will never get out. I have a police sub station to my left, they do random traffic checks everyday, and to my right I have a field office for the Technical Department of Investigations, it's basically the FBI in Cuba, and I'm stuck right in the middle growing in one of my bathrooms.

This grow is officially over!

Chopped one of the plants today day (50) of flower she was getting cooked by the light and she was done flowering so decided to pull her.

The other plant will be chopped in two days at day 52.

Black Domina is a fast flowering strain 50-55 days so its right on time.

Hopefully you all stick around for my next grow starting mid January with 6 plants in total.

🌲🔥💨

IMG-20231210-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20231210-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20231210-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20231210-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20231210-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20231210-WA0002.jpg

Root system was strong and healthy, could be better but overall extremely happy with this grow.

Next grow will be bigger and better so stick around!

IMG_20231210_074045.jpg

Looking good! :thumb:

But still a lot of white pistils on those buds so what made you think it was done? They bulk up right at the end if you give them the time.
I needed to harvest them because my birthday is December 25th so I want to have dried bud to smoke when I celebrate.

I know I don't have enough time to cure before my birthday but dry weed is better than wet weed 😂

The smell was really starting to get out of hand also and I didn't want to take any chances, these days there's been a lot of crackdowns on consumers and dealers so I'd rather just be cautious, a few grams won't make a difference.

The next grow I will have a ventilation system to get rid of the smell since it will be with 6 plants.

Other than that, I'm extremely happy with it...

Not gonna lie I did dry some in the microwave 😂😭 for a quick smoke.

Don't really like the taste of wet weed but I needed to smoke badly. It's long lasting, smooth smoke, 10/10 managing pain, 8/10 hunger, 8/10 sleepiness, 10/10 for anxiety, 3/10 energy.

This is definitely a medicinal strain, great for insomnia, perfect for treating anxiety, great for loss of appetite since it will open up your hunger in a big way, low to mild pain relief so very good in that aspect.

The low energy it gives off though, definitely makes it a couch strain, or a late evening smoke with the misses, for a little Netflix and Chill after is highly recommend.

The high is super potent but the delivery is mellow, soothes into your body, basically calms your soul.

I recommend this strain strongly for growers looking for a medicinal use to their bud.

Will give you guys a flavor profile breakdown once it's dried and cured, you all know wet weed can't be judged on flavor very well 😆

Back
Top Bottom