Growing More With Less, Is It Possible?

ZERBERUS

So my plants are now in week 5 (day 33) of flowering, and they are pretty damn good given the conditions they are growing in.

Let me break it down.

Strain •

2 Photo Fem - Black Domina
Topped 3 times, no scrog netting, doing LST by bending and using shoe laces to tie branches down.

Equipment •

1-100W Light from ViparSpectra
1-12" pedestal Fan

There's no way to monitor, pH, Rh, or Temp, EC, Light intensity. No vent systems, no tents, nothing. Just the bare minimum. Basically eye balling the whole grow.

That's it

Nutrients

17-17-17 Intended for Orchids (with no micro)
11-6-8 Generic (with micro) ONLY AS FOLIAR SPRAY

Soil is 30% Worm Castings, 60% Forest soil (locally sourced) 10% SugarCane straw with some wood chips on the bottom.

The plants have been well up until this point, but now I'm worried about their feed schedule since I won't be able to feed them anything without Nitrogen.

So far I have been mixing it up with 20% dose of the 17-17-17

I'm extremely worried about Calcium deficiencies, but growing like this would be easy if I was able to use everything.

These are the plants today, remember they are on day 33 of flower.

IMG_20231122_193844~2.jpg

IMG_20231122_201126.jpg
IMG_20231122_080123.jpg

Plants look great!!

The plants have been well up until this point, but now I'm worried about their feed schedule since I won't be able to feed them anything without Nitrogen.
They still use N in flower so you won't want to eliminate it. I make plant extracts using the Jadam method (link in my sig). I make a veg mix with fish, comfrey, nettle, horsetail fern, that sort of thing, and a flower version with fruits and flowers.

I'm extremely worried about Calcium deficiencies, but growing like this would be easy if I was able to use everything.
I make WCA - Water Soluble Calcium from eggshells and vinegar if you're worried about calcium. Also, your worm castings are covered in calcium carbonate so they're another good source. I top dress with castings once a week or so.

Finally, come check out Gee64's thread. A bunch of us hang out there and kick around various organic ideas.

Black domina is a sold old school strain.👍
I'm an outdoor grower though i have a very basic indoor set up similar to yours (just less watts ) which i use mainly for breeding and or reveging a favorite out door plant , cool to see another less is more grow ✌️your plants look great

Black domina is a sold old school strain.👍
I'm an outdoor grower though i have a very basic indoor set up similar to yours (just less watts ) which i use mainly for breeding and or reveging a favorite out door plant , cool to see another less is more grow ✌️your plants look great
Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to trying this again but in large scale mid January, I'm going to set up the same grow, but 6 plants instead of 2, I will also put in 3 lights. I will however need to use a ventilation system because 6 plants can get really funky in flower and I don't want to share with my neighbors 😂

But I will keep everything else as is. No fancy meters, no fancy nutes, and locally sourced soils.

Nice start to your grow journal @ZERBERUS

Mind if I tag along?

Be safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

By all means, the more the merrier. I will be more than happy to answer any and all questions, if you want pictures of how the grow is set up I can provide those.

It's all craft and DIY.

Take the light for example, I built this reflector casing around it to divert light back down to the plants.. for the first hour of the light and the last I used these blue light cfl bulbs to stop the stretching, they worked ok, some of the colas that were further away from the lights did end up stretching a bit.

IMG_20231112_081754.jpg

IMG_20231112_081737.jpg

Girls are not disappointing me, they are giving it all they have into fattening up.

Still almost 3 weeks left in flower, hoping to get a really good yield out of them.

More signs of light stress 😬 I can't do anything about it, I can't move the light up or it's going to hurt the yields. She's going to have too tough it out and pull through.

IMG_20231129_194320.jpg

IMG_20231129_194334.jpg
IMG_20231129_194344.jpg

Back
Top Bottom