G's First & Accidental Grow - May Have Gone Overboard On Equipment

Had another fuck up this morning... I'd had a few wines last night and turned the 400w light off while i was in the tent so I could see the plant better. I didn't turn it back on ...oops. That caused a major crash in temp when i went in an hour before lights out this morning.

Ill be more careful from now on. I think Ill give her one more nite feed then start flushing for the next water...???

Anyway, all is fine!! Plants healthy as fuckkkk.

Dont really care about the little clone thing that was just a experiment.

Picture time.

420-magazine-mobile1394259158.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1669941088.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1119032679.jpg
420-magazine-mobile507295141.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1937421958.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1985024408.jpg
420-magazine-mobile791171963.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1592794617.jpg
420-magazine-mobile103541824.jpg

Little plant:
420-magazine-mobile74810715.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1003684176.jpg

Guys what is going on here. This is from the very bottom of the plant so is one of the first growths (well i assume so.)

420-magazine-mobile621776284.jpg
420-magazine-mobile979037035.jpg

G's First & Accidental Grow - May Have Gone Overboard On Equipment

I guess there are many factors from reading this Marijuana and hermaphroditism - Alchimia blog maybe those new nutes shocked her?

Should i flush now?? Helpppp

Edit: Have been doing research, guess its just a hermie, well both are now. I have no light leaks, although that drop in temp and high RH probably didnt help as well as those nutes i added to the feeding routine.

Im going to start flushing with pHd water as from now.

Is happening on both plants and on the large buds too!
420-magazine-mobile1411655520.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1107096441.jpg

Re: G's First & Accidental Grow - May Have Gone Overboard On Equipment

You have a nice accidental grow going on! Plants look great! Funny thing is that's how I got into growing 16 years ago.

I guess there are many factors from reading this Marijuana and hermaphroditism - Alchimia blog maybe those new nutes shocked her?

Should i flush now?? Helpppp

Is happening on both plants and on the large buds too!
420-magazine-mobile1411655520.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1107096441.jpg

Not to worry, those are the female pre-flowers that you are seeing, as your plant moves farther into flower those first female flowers near the nodes can get rather large and some times be mistaken for male flowers. I can see pistils coming from them and they have tear drop shape where males are more round. Hope that helps put you at ease, can't wait to see the final product!:thumb:

You have a nice accidental grow going on! Plants look great! Funny thing is that's how I got into growing 16 years ago.

Not to worry, those are the female pre-flowers that you are seeing, as your plant moves farther into flower those first female flowers near the nodes can get rather large and some times be mistaken for male flowers. I can see pistils coming from them and they have tear drop shape where males are more round. Hope that helps put you at ease, can't wait to see the final product!:thumb:

Phew! Thank you for the heads up!

Just to confirm am I ok to start flushing with PHd water at around 6.2?

Phew! Thank you for the heads up!

Just to confirm am I ok to start flushing with PHd water at around 6.2?

How many weeks into flower are you now? From the pics you posted yesterday it looked like there are still a lot of white pistils and some new ones coming in. Normally you would have a mix of red/brown and white pistils come harvest time. The best way to really tell is to look with your magnifying lens, I think I saw a post that you have one? If not you want one 40-60x magnification to get a good look. Any way, you want to see the trichomes go from clear to cloudy and when the buds are ready you will have a mix of cloudy and amber. The percentage of amber you want depends on the type of high you are looking for, the more amber trichomes the heavier and more couch lock the high will be.

To me it looks like you still have a few more weeks to go before the flush, take a look at the trichomes and if you're unsure about what you are seeing try and take a pic through the lens of the magnifying glass and post it.

How many weeks into flower are you now? From the pics you posted yesterday it looked like there are still a lot of white pistils and some new ones coming in. Normally you would have a mix of red/brown and white pistils come harvest time. The best way to really tell is to look with your magnifying lens, I think I saw a post that you have one? If not you want one 40-60x magnification to get a good look. Any way, you want to see the trichomes go from clear to cloudy and when the buds are ready you will have a mix of cloudy and amber. The percentage of amber you want depends on the type of high you are looking for, the more amber trichomes the heavier and more couch lock the high will be.

To me it looks like you still have a few more weeks to go before the flush, take a look at the trichomes and if you're unsure about what you are seeing try and take a pic through the lens of the magnifying glass and post it.
7.5 weeks since I switched to 12/12

I feel I have researched and trained myself enough to be able to figure out when to harvest from identifying when pistils are turning brown and curling in, as well as looking at the trichromes through the magnifying glass/jewlers loupe to check the colour of them.

I was simply alarmed when I found those sacks this morning. Wasn't sure if the girls were turning hermy...suppose I assumed it was a good time to start flushing as I panicked at the site of the sacks.

I've learnt the majority of what I know from the growweedeasy website. I am learning more all the time from this site and other sources.

I love that site, it covers everything you need to know! If you feel they are ready to start the flush then water Phd around 6.2 would be good.

I love that site, it covers everything you need to know! If you feel they are ready to start the flush then water Phd around 6.2 would be good.
:) I feel I shall wait until the trichromes turn amber. I'm after a more CBD high, also like you said the pistils are still rather white so I'll wait until about 60% have browned and curled?

I did do a 6.2 flush this morning before light went off with water at 21C. That may have been a mistake:-/. . . .

If your worried about an early flush, don't be.. it's good to flush once in a while throut the grow.

Also, PlantWrestler is right. It's best to water at beginning of lights on, that's when the plant will be taking up water from their roots.

Any time, sharing the knowledge is what it's all about!:thumb:

I've found some good pricing on some Mars LEDs on Amazon but mostly on the smaller 300 watt ones. Not sure if the pricing would be the same for you or not. Good luck with your search!

Any time, sharing the knowledge is what it's all about!:thumb:

I've found some good pricing on some Mars LEDs on Amazon but mostly on the smaller 300 watt ones. Not sure if the pricing would be the same for you or not. Good luck with your search!
Problem here is that a lot of the sellers on Amazon are dicks and won't shop to New Zealand, even though they ship to Australia...

Back
Top Bottom