Gubba's Grow Journal - 2012

thanks jandre, i think he should get it sorted, thanks for helping and answering my sos call, it was slighty over my head with the ph, iv not even got tester myself, and i got a sort of hydro set up going in my aerogarden, so im taking a huge risk, ill get one when i can, possibly the start of this week or ill order one from the auction site, for now im struggling with fungus gonads so im trying to stop them invading everything, i think i caught it in time by the looks of it, my diy newspaper covers either stopped them getting in and they flew off, or their traped in the top of the pots so either way i didnt see any today, got some basic supplies today

is the plant starting to pick up and look better yet, im hoping it should start look better after all you have changed.

jandre on the case, i say no more,, thanks for helping out mate, reps, but i got to spread some love first before i can reps you again

DSC009174.JPG

DSC009164.JPG

She is very happy now!!! Worked the blood meal into the soil the other day, watered with nutes, added a fan to push fresh air into the room and another to pull old air out (which solved the heat problem...Asked Krishna to do what is best for Sylvia and then left for the weekend. This is the happy baby I returned home to...I had to get away so that she could recover without me stressing over her. Thanks for your help!!!

DSC009174.JPG

DSC009164.JPG

She is very happy now!!! Worked the blood meal into the soil the other day, watered with nutes, added a fan to push fresh air into the room and another to pull old air out (which solved the heat problem...Asked Krishna to do what is best for Sylvia and then left for the weekend. This is the happy baby I returned home to...I had to get away so that she could recover without me stressing over her. Thanks for your help!!!

Woot! Looking like she's well on her way to recovery! Looking very good, I'm glad that helped out.

the plant is looking better and i think is on the way to recovery, it still a lighter color than it should be but that could be just because its not fully recovered yet, if it was me id add some nutes, i would not go above half strength, make sure you mix it correctly, and measure it all out, its not worth guessing it could make it all worse,

it might say mix it by the gallon or what ever, which you dont need that much, so if you used half the amount of water then that would mean half the amount of nutes, but if you using half strength then you would need to work that into it as well, so i would mix it between 1/4 and 1/2 strength making sure you measure it all out properly, and when you water just give it a cup full of water making sure you dont get none on the leaves as that could cause nute burn.

im really hoping its on its way to full health now, just go with the half strength but only water a cup full then check it a few hours later and it should start to pick up, the plant looks like its low in N so the nutes will put something back in the soil and the plant can then take it up,

someone else may jump in and either agree or disagree, but if it was me i would add a very week mix of nutes and water the plant with just enough water to water where the plant is, a plant that size in a big pot can easily get over watered as their are not enough roots to drink the water up so it sits their till it evaps,

Thanks! That is my plan with watering, 1 Red Solo Cup full with 50% Nutes mixture. I pour the water around the plant about 2-3 inches from the stalk. I will post more pictures tomorrow afternoon so we can do some comparisons. Thanks again...:Namaste:

no probs, glad to offer you some assistance, if we can pull this plant around between us then you should end up with a real nice plant and get some real nice bud for yourself, you may even notice it look better before you water, i think the plant looks like its on the road to recovery, you will probably find the mg you was using caused some kind of nute lock out, mg has high levels of nutrients and slow release nutrients, so the more you water it the more it releases these slow release nutes, this wouldnt be a problem for a bigger plant, but for young plants it can and does cause problems, so you may find the plant was not taking in any of the N due to some kind of nutrient lock out, but the plant does look better so in theory it should only get better and better, time will tell but im sure it should turn out ok

She will need water again tomorrow...clean RO or the RO with Nutes at 50% stregnth? Thanks again for all the advice!

no probs, glad to offer you some assistance, if we can pull this plant around between us then you should end up with a real nice plant and get some real nice bud for yourself, you may even notice it look better before you water, i think the plant looks like its on the road to recovery, you will probably find the mg you was using caused some kind of nute lock out, mg has high levels of nutrients and slow release nutrients, so the more you water it the more it releases these slow release nutes, this wouldnt be a problem for a bigger plant, but for young plants it can and does cause problems, so you may find the plant was not taking in any of the N due to some kind of nutrient lock out, but the plant does look better so in theory it should only get better and better, time will tell but im sure it should turn out ok

NOTE: Miracle Gro is NOT A BAD NUTRIENT. you just have to be sure you let the MG soil do what it is designed to do. This in mind, I would do 1/4 strength nutes for now and see if the tips tan a bit. If they do, stay at a quarter until new growth shows all green and they don't tan, THEN I'd stay at 1/4 until a little of light green or yellowing occurs(us must look for this daily) in the oldest leaves, and then go up to 1/2.

Also, using RO Water, I would use a tiny bit of Cal/Mag just because the water has no minerals at all.

mg works when your transplanting into it from another mix, i just see loads of problems with young plants using mg,

jandre has got you back on track by the looks of it, wont be long till this is in the past and you will have a very nice plant.

i know nothing about reverse osmosis water, to me it seems like it takes everything out and leaves nothing for the plants, wouldnt he be better using tap water and just let it stand in jugs for 24hours to remove the chlorine from it,

mg works when your transplanting into it from another mix, i just see loads of problems with young plants using mg,

jandre has got you back on track by the looks of it, wont be long till this is in the past and you will have a very nice plant.

i know nothing about reverse osmosis water, to me it seems like it takes everything out and leaves nothing for the plants, wouldnt he be better using tap water and just let it stand in jugs for 24hours to remove the chlorine from it,

Very good question! The answer is, "Possibly."

If the reason he has the RO Filter is because of heavy metals in the source water, or salt minerals, then RO would be advised. If he is on a federally passed and recognized "Cleanest", then RO is almost pointless. Unless of course he lives in a very old house with copper pipes that are leeching into the water, then he'd need RO because too much copper can be poisonous to plants.

My general rule for RO decisions is this: If you're below EC 0.1 (50PPM) then really it's not needed. If you're above EC 0.3 (150PPM), it would be suggested. Between the two, it's really your choice.

ok thanks for the info, cant reps you i gota spread some first, i need to get myself a ph tester and ppm tester, and i can then start to dial it all in to what it should be

Go with a straight EC tester. PPM testers can inaccurate ad have several different formulas for reaching PPM. Very confusing, but basically one could show 700PPM while another in the same solution show 500PPM just by the conversion being different from meter, to meter. All of the PPM testers use "EC" AS A BASE from which to convert.

I got the Mini-Sunburst 400w today...Setting it up about 24 inches above the tops and will adjust down when I can see there is no burn. This should bump my true lumins up quite a bit. I will post new pictures tomorrow around mid-day! Thanks again for all of the info...I use the RO water because thats what I thought would be best for PH and could use added nutes to help her grow. Next trip to the store I will look at distilled water with calcium/magnesium added.

By the way, she is growing and looking very good now...New pics tomorrow. :hookah:

I got the Mini-Sunburst 400w today...Setting it up about 24 inches above the tops and will adjust down when I can see there is no burn. This should bump my true lumins up quite a bit. I will post new pictures tomorrow around mid-day! Thanks again for all of the info...I use the RO water because thats what I thought would be best for PH and could use added nutes to help her grow. Next trip to the store I will look at distilled water with calcium/magnesium added.

By the way, she is growing and looking very good now...New pics tomorrow. :hookah:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Yay for growing and looking good!

RO water is pH 7.0, just for future reference.(at least it should be.)

I doubt you'll find Distilled water with Cal/Mag. You'll have to get Cal/Mag at a hydro store or maybe your big home improvement store will have it. Alternatively, you can get it from that big retail website that shares its name with a huge rainforest in South America

DSC009174.JPG

DSC009164.JPG

lookin a lot better! keep it commin!

DSC009214.JPG

DSC009203.JPG

DSC009193.JPG

New lights (color) is going to take some getting used to. Sylvia is feeling happy, and damn she smells GREAT!!! Temps are staying good at 77-79f and humidity 47-51%. Have a 3rd fan available if temps begin to rise today...It has been raining here for the past few days with the Tropical Storm passing nearby so temps have not been tested by the mid-day heat. Keeping my fingers crossed! :peace:

a perfect picture of health, cant wait to see how this ends up, if you want to take pics what i do is take the plant out the grow room and either be somewhere that dont need the flash like well lit room, or go to a darkened room and use the flash this will stop the orange affect, you can also use the macro setting on camera and adjust the white balance, doing this will allow you to take pics while its under the hps, it takes a bit of sorting out but can be done

Back
Top Bottom