Gubba's Grow Journal - 2012

if she smelling great now then its gona stink the place out in few weeks time, id think odour control would be the next thing to work on, unless smell is not going to cause you any problems that is

She is in a closet in a townhouse with firewalls (concrete block) between houses. noone lives in this house as I stay with my GF 99% of the time so smell should not be a major issue. I'm not sure what I could do to fix an odor issue in this place even if I wanted to. Suggestions? I don't have the ability to cut through any walls/ceiling. Thanks...

their is a lot of stuff you can do, it only takes 1 plant to stink a whole block out, mine are in a 3ft by 3ft room and i have people living above and below so im taking huge risk and need to think of smell reduction, if it stinks now then trust me anyone that walks past your front door will smell it unless you have it sealed in, you could try making your own carbon filter, you can either try the carbon filter sponge stuff and wrap it round a tube with holes in or buy activated carbon granules and make a filter with that, if you use your search engine and search for, diy carbon filter, then hit search that should list loads of sites with guides on how to make them, their is also ona gel, you can vent these out into your flat/apartment and it would vent out fresh air that dont smell, you dont need to vent it out doors, you could vent it out into the room where the closet is, making sure no air can get in, you may be ok with just one plant, i thought id be ok ish with mine but they really stink now so im going to try the ona gel when i get paid, all im going to do is get a bucket with a lid, then ill find a fan that fits tight into the top of the bucket so its blowing the air into the bucket, then around the sides of the bucket cut some holes, and then use ona gel in the bottom and some water, now when this is working the fan will suck air out the grow room and blow it into the ona gel, then it pushes the fresh air out the holes in the bucket, this can be kept in just the grow room or if you wanted vent it out into another room.

you should be ok till your well into flower but by the time your a few weeks into flower it is going to really stink the place out, and you wont want anyone breaking in if they think you got nice crop growing in their

Nice pics! The White Balance is NOT in the MACRO settings. that is for close-ups. What I usually suggest here is taking a CFL into the GR and turning it on temporarily, and shutting the sunlamp off for pics. To the plant it will be as though a cloud passed over. To us, we get nice true color pictures.

This is as close as I could get with your pic... Whatcha think?
Fixed-Gubba3Bump.jpg

nice job jandre, i got myself a ph tester today, got it off the rainforest sounding site, cost me £9.95 around $17, my next purchase will be a ppm meter, so as soon as that comes i can test my run off and res solution and keep the ph in check as good as i can,

nice job jandre, i got myself a ph tester today, got it off the rainforest sounding site, cost me £9.95 around $17, my next purchase will be a ppm meter, so as soon as that comes i can test my run off and res solution and keep the ph in check as good as i can,

Go with a straight EC tester. PPM testers can inaccurate ad have several different formulas for reaching PPM. Very confusing, but basically one could show 700PPM while another in the same solution show 500PPM just by the conversion being different from meter, to meter. All of the PPM testers use "EC" AS A BASE from which to convert.

See above.

so im looking for an ec tester and not ppm, so is ec the standard that all are worked out to, so this would mean no conversion of numbers, this is all new to me mate, i use different liquids on my fish tank water to check for loads of different things like ph and nitrogen, basically i take a small amount of water and place it in test tube, then add some of these chemicals and it changes it difference colours, does about 5 different tests, but their expensive to buy and not digital, cost £60, so ive ordered a digital ph tester, so that should have my run off covered, so the ec meter will check the nutrient in the solution, have i got that right mate

With 18 days left, is it worth the 3 days lost to top her? Will the two tops make up the difference in the days lost? Thanks again, this grow really is an experiment and I am very constrained for time. My lease ends Mid September....

With 18 days left, is it worth the 3 days lost to top her? Will the two tops make up the difference in the days lost? Thanks again, this grow really is an experiment and I am very constrained for time. My lease ends Mid September....

You would definitely have two tops, instead of the one, and with 18 days, that's two weeks of more growth than you'd have with the one single top. It's really your choice though. This plant is so small that the difference would be negligible.

That was kind of my thought process as well..3 days healing, 3 days to get the additional nodes. Would work out to be maybe 2 or 4 more nodes with the two tops. It is currently healthy and when faith and good karma ensure Sylvia is female, I can clone a her if I want to play with her on the next try. Thanks again for your sage advice...

That was kind of my thought process as well..3 days healing, 3 days to get the additional nodes. Would work out to be maybe 2 or 4 more nodes with the two tops. It is currently healthy and when faith and good karma ensure Sylvia is female, I can clone a her if I want to play with her on the next try. Thanks again for your sage advice...

LOL! I'm far from a sage, but, you're quite welcome my friend.

Hey have you seen the 420 Contests?

420 Magazine's Member of the Month - June 2012

420 Magazine's Nug of the Month - June 2012

420 Magazine's Plant of the Month - June 2012

Would like to see some more participation on those, and since you're kinda new here, I thought you'd like to take a look, and maybe join in later when you have a few you'd like to enter. They happen every month if you'd like to participate.

Back
Top Bottom