Guidance Counselor May Be Necessary

MAK1

New to growing. I have always enjoyed gardening, this is even better. I am intrigued with all the recent advances in understanding of so many facets of growing. My goal is a to build a greenhouse providing mineral dense food for 2 people, for me this is part of that process.
Medical Marijuana? I gave some homemade canna-butter to my wife for her stage4 MS. OMG! An hour later I saw her respond. There is no going back. I am willing to make the leap. My motivations changed. Along the way I developed neuropathy so, both my wife and I are now using for medicinal purposes. Random commercial strains are seldom very satisfactory. My search begins.

My state allows very restricted and expensive use of 1 strain of cannabis. One size fits all. Seriously 1strain @ $0.19/mg THC (not a typo).
I enjoy smoking but, don't enjoy the way many strains weigh me down. I got some weed I really liked that had a few seeds. I am not going back.
Growing and understanding how minerals work in plants is an adjunct to better nutrition for me. Better nutrition from eating mineralized foods. I feed my plants, I feed my soil, they feed me, this feeds my soul. People eating healthier plants equates to healthier people - guaranteed.

Welcome to 420 mag!

Here is an excerpt from Cresco labs' article titled What is THCV?
THCV relieves stress and research shows it can help to reduce or even prevent anxiety and panic attacks. For this reason, it plays an important role in the treatment of post-traumatic-stress-disorder (PTSD). It is also neuroprotective, so it is ideal for treating conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis. Unlike THC, THCV works to suppress the appetite so it is not recommended for patients suffering from cachexia or anorexia nervosa.

******"

@Weed Seeds Express has a cultivar with very high levels of THCV called Doug's Varin. It comes in between 15-19%. It also has a pretty good percentage of THC at 19%
I am about to do a grow reviewing it.
Thought you may want to check it out as well?

Welcome to 420 mag!

Here is an excerpt from Cresco labs' article titled What is THCV?
THCV relieves stress and research shows it can help to reduce or even prevent anxiety and panic attacks. For this reason, it plays an important role in the treatment of post-traumatic-stress-disorder (PTSD). It is also neuroprotective, so it is ideal for treating conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis. Unlike THC, THCV works to suppress the appetite so it is not recommended for patients suffering from cachexia or anorexia nervosa.

******"

@Weed Seeds Express has a cultivar with very high levels of THCV called Doug's Varin. It comes in between 15-19%. It also has a pretty good percentage of THC at 19%
I am about to do a grow reviewing it.
Thought you may want to check it out as well?
Gobsmack! (I know, it's an adjective)
I will look at it.
Thank you

Welcome! Plenty of good friendly mentors around this place... :hookah:

Welcome aboard @MAK1

Will you be starting a grow journal when your ready? If so here's the link.

After you have 50 post, you can slow win free grow stuff in our contest.

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome MAK1! This weed is an incredible one for sure! We use it for as many pains as there are, and for good reason. I'm glad you made it!
I assume you'll be growing in living organic soil? How are you mineralizing? I grow LOS ala The Rev's, True Living Organics.
Not entirely organic although, I am moving that way quickly as I am educating myself. I always knew minerals were critical and chelation is nothing new. Understanding more of how it is intimately interrelated kind of knocked my brain to a higher level. It could be the Humic Acid working, LOL.
This is my first grow and I followed another newbie to FF trio. One bag of Ocean Forest and one bag of Happy Frog, I kind of lost track of all the pots. Vermiculite, peat. One even had coffee grounds added, I won't do that again. That's all I knew.
I started reading. Minerals for grow is from everywhere I can think of without spending more more more. Azomite. Epsom salt, Dolomite, gypsum, Plantation brand Black Strap Molasses. One day of curiosity lead to my own supply of chelated multi-mineral tablets. Yes, I did some math and dosed my girls. They even got a multi B. I even gave some egg white. I kept reading.
I blew right past chelation and headed over to the Humic acids and Fulvic acids. I could use some guidance.
Minerals? Where to look? Kelp? Ocean Magic? I am desperate for minerals for they are key. The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and Everything is 42.0

Not entirely organic although, I am moving that way quickly as I am educating myself. I always knew minerals were critical and chelation is nothing new. Understanding more of how it is intimately interrelated kind of knocked my brain to a higher level. It could be the Humic Acid working, LOL.
This is my first grow and I followed another newbie to FF trio. One bag of Ocean Forest and one bag of Happy Frog, I kind of lost track of all the pots. Vermiculite, peat. One even had coffee grounds added, I won't do that again. That's all I knew.
I started reading. Minerals for grow is from everywhere I can think of without spending more more more. Azomite. Epsom salt, Dolomite, gypsum, Plantation brand Black Strap Molasses. One day of curiosity lead to my own supply of chelated multi-mineral tablets. Yes, I did some math and dosed my girls. They even got a multi B. I even gave some egg white. I kept reading.
I blew right past chelation and headed over to the Humic acids and Fulvic acids. I could use some guidance.
Minerals? Where to look? Kelp? Ocean Magic? I am desperate for minerals for they are key. The answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and Everything is 42.0
You're on to something good Mak! That book I mentioned covers what you're talking about. What you're doing is also in the right direction. Have you gone to the Build a Soil site and read around? You may find some pieces of the puzzle there.

You're on to something good Mak! That book I mentioned covers what you're talking about. What you're doing is also in the right direction. Have you gone to the Build a Soil site and read around? You may find some pieces of the puzzle there.
Yes on build a soil. Bruce Bugbee @ Utah State University and Harley Smith @NPK university. This Harley Smith dud has me totally fired up. So I am adding this up. Now , a question:
"These ferments (of humicacids) also assist the process of nitrogen assimilability that does not lead to the formation of nitrates. As this directly relates to the issue of "flushing" to remove nitrates from the plant. If the Humic Acid leads to plants taking up only ammoniacal nitrogen there is no nitrate there at the start?

I am not even considering if "flushing" is effective. If flushing experiments are to be conducted they should explain how the weed was produced. Perhaps, if there were a grow in the total absence of Humic substances that was hammered with nitrates right up to the day of harvest and compared this to the same set up that stopped adding nitrates and only got water for 2 weeks. Compare this to the control of Humic/organic product. 3 total plants that have reasons to evaluate latent nitrate effects or lack of effects.
Is there anything (NO3) there to remove from this organic type weed?

This should settle the flushing debate.

p.s. Humic Acid and water causes the structure of water to change to that of melted ice, identical to the structure of protoplasm. This has me dumbfounded so badly I don't even know what to ask. Snap! My brother teases me. Put seeds in dirt, add water.

If the Humic Acid leads to plants taking up only ammoniacal nitrogen there is no nitrate there at the start?
I don't know. Maybe @MissyE knows about that.
I am not even considering if "flushing" is effective. I
We've concluded that flushing when feeding salt based is a good thing. It removes the built up salts in the soil and frees up all that space for good nutrition. Here's good reading. Get to the papers from In The Shed's post. He has links to his findings in his signature.

I don't know. Maybe @MissyE knows about that.

We've concluded that flushing when feeding salt based is a good thing. It removes the built up salts in the soil and frees up all that space for good nutrition. Here's good reading. Get to the papers from In The Shed's post. He has links to his findings in his signature.
Thanks for the input, I need to modify my question;
Nitrates in humans diets is bad. Nitrates get into the veggies, OK. The theory of Humic Acid says that nitrates never get into the plants? Is this a correct understanding? Humic Acid applied to growing crops reduces or eliminates nitrates from contaminating produce?

Nitrates in humans diets is bad. Nitrates get into the veggies, OK. The theory of Humic Acid says that nitrates never get into the plants? Is this a correct understanding? Humic Acid applied to growing crops reduces or eliminates nitrates from contaminating produce?
Dawn still not risen on Marblehead here. Keep trying. Someone's bound to understand.

Well, the answer is in the article I just did not understand it at the time of reading it for the 12th time.
13th time is the charm. HA does react with nitrogen such that nitrates never form.

Back
Top Bottom