Harvest time

My leaves don't yellow on my last two grows with gorilla cookies. Is this common for this strain? EC runoff around 300 for the last 7 days. Any ideas. Ready to chop.
Hey @Clyde714 hope you are well today.
Welcome to 420 magazine.
I wait until my pistols have turned red and crinkled in so I know for sure she is done.
Keep an eye on the tric’s though.
How is her uptake.
She will slow right down at the end.
Congratulations on your upcoming harvest.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Clyde714 hope you are well today.
Welcome to 420 magazine.
I wait until my pistols have turned red and crinkled in so I know for sure she is done.
Keep an eye on the tric’s though.
How is her uptake.
She will slow right down at the end.
Congratulations on your upcoming harvest.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill, haven't seen any amber tric's yet and gonna wait a day or two until I see the first sign of them(usually works best for me). Just wondering if I waited until yellowing, would it be any smoother or taste better? I cure at least least two months plus. Pistols are red and mostly curled in.

Leaves don't need to yellow at the end. I try very hard to keep my plants green and healthy, right up to the end. Congratulations and giving the plant everything it needed, right up to the end!
Thanks Emily's just reading about everyone's leaves turning and wondering if my ladies would be smoother and taste better. Mine never really yellow but always looking to improve. Be safe Clyde

Thanks Emily's just reading about everyone's leaves turning and wondering if my ladies would be smoother and taste better. Mine never really yellow but always looking to improve. Be safe Clyde
Your smoke being smoother only after starving your plants of nutrients at the end is a myth. It is a way for less than competent growers to feel good about having deficiencies at the end... a "yep, I meant for them to do that" sort of thing. Keep in mind that a plant organically grown, with everything it needs already built into the soil, does not ever starve at the end and it should stay green and healthy the entire way. Organically grown pot is also known as the best tasting and strongest pot grown, and just like found in the grocery store, organically grown produce is always better than artificially grown plants, because they are fed right up to the end.

Some strains hormones will turn to fall colors no matter what. Nutrition or not.

you kinda want a small ‘fade’.:Namaste: To much nitrogen won’t allow your plant to properly mature/ripen like normal. It’s a transition of hormones that happen outside naturally during lower humidity and cooler temps in later months. Not necessarily deficiencies.

But I also aim to keep a full feed to the end. Buds smells better lol.

Thanks Bill, haven't seen any amber tric's yet and gonna wait a day or two until I see the first sign of them(usually works best for me). Just wondering if I waited until yellowing, would it be any smoother or taste better? I cure at least least two months plus. Pistols are red and mostly curled in.
Waiting for yellowing is a complete waste of your time my friend. :Namaste:
Properly fed ladies with the correct dry/cure process is always going to produce the best possible product.
For a smoother smoke you may want to look into turpines and strains.
Find something to your liking and give that a grow. :thumb:

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

ask yourself this question too... why are finishing nutes, high in P and K, sold, if it was better to fade out at the end? The last two weeks are the time in the grow needing more nutes than ever before, and a plant given everything it needs at the end will be able to fully express its genetically inclined flavors and THC levels. A plant being starved for nutes or water, well it just can't do quite as well, no matter what some say on the internet.

Keep in mind that a plant organically grown, with everything it needs already built into the soil, does not ever starve at the end and it should stay green and healthy the entire way. Organically grown pot is also known as the best tasting and strongest pot grown
:green_heart:

Some strains hormones will turn to fall colors no matter what. Nutrition or not.

you kinda want a small ‘fade’.:Namaste: To much nitrogen won’t allow your plant to properly mature/ripen like normal. It’s a transition of hormones that happen outside naturally during lower humidity and cooler temps in later months. Not necessarily deficiencies.

But I also aim to keep a full feed to the end. Buds smells better lol.
Thanks, that's been my thinking all along. I've told friends that I thought they flushed too much and too long but they don't listen. Hell,they are just starting to cure there own private stash. Grow well and be safe. Clyde

That's what I'm going for. Most smoke to me taste the same and the effects just are not there. Looking to crossbreed. Any good strains you can suggest?
You'd like to cross gorilla cookies with something?

I don't know if I'm saying it right on the leaves turning. Some nutes do not show as much as others (aminos, vitamins,ect.) Leaves never yellow, so far, always looks healthy but stems usually on the weak side. Can't seem to get the girls to taste any better. I cure for 2months. Any ideas? Grow well and be safe. Clyde

Hi Clyde - Adding Potassium Silicate helps strengthen the whole plant, including the stems
Getting the flavour is a can of worms, I've certainly tried some suggested methods which have ended disastrously
There are just so many variables, everyone seems to find their own way eventually
For me, I run the shower through the pot about 3 days before harvest
Then plain water with MgSO4, then last water is a H2O2 solution and left in the dark to dry out
Once the leaves curl I chop, trim and bud wash in H2O2, hang to dry
Once it's dry and not sticky to touch, I put it in a box/paper for a couple of days to get the last bit of moisture out
I like it to be around 30% when I jar it, burping for 1hr per day - the RH will continue to go up again for the first week or so - if it smells like grass cuttings, it's still too wet, so put it back in the box for a couple of days
Once the RH doesn't go above about 50% in the jar, it's curing (continue to burp though), smokeable after about 3-4 weeks
Not by any means the definitive method, but it works for me
Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom