Has anyone set up a seed germination pod?

This is how a seed company says to do it...or they won't honor their guarantee...

STEP 1​

Put your marijuana seeds into a glass of spring water. Let the seeds soak in room temperature water for 14-18 hours.Do not soak them beyond this time because it will drown your seeds.
NOTE:
  • If you found marijuana seeds will not sink, this is fine.
  • At this point it does not matter whether marijuana seeds are cracked or un-cracked. Transfer to paper towel.

IMPORTANT: USE BOTTLED SPRING WATER ONLY​

STEP 2​

Fold a thick paper towel and position it on a plate. Put 2 pieces of paper towel on top of each other on a dinner plate.

STEP 3​

Pour the marijuana seeds and water onto the paper towel. Fold the paper towel over the seeds to cover. Pour off any excess water.
The marijuana seeds must be able to feel air, heat and moisture at the same time.

STEP 4​

Place in a warm, dark open room and let the marijuana seeds sit until the crack open. Ensure the paper towel stays moist by adding water periodically.
Do not drown the marijuana seeds in excess water.
NOTE: Do not place into a cupboard, drawer or other small enclosed area as the marijuana seeds will have difficulty opening.

STEP 5​

Marijuana seeds will begin to crack open and a tap root will develop. Allow the tap root to grow 1/2 inch to 3/4 inches before transplanting.
Each marijuana strain will take from 2 to 7 days to crack open.
NOTE : Do not cover the plate with another plate, plastic wrap or zip lock bag. This stops the flow of oxygen as seeds need to feel warmth, air flow and moisture at the same time.

3 FACTORS OF GERMINATING MARIJUANA SEEDS​

Never let the paper towels dry out, but never drown your marijuana seeds. The paper towel must always stay moist. Depending on the humidity, the paper towel may need re-moistening every 6 hours (your experience may vary). Always check the moisture levels as each seed has a different clock that is triggered by hitting the exact point of moisture, heat and oxygen levels.
EMERGENCY GERMINATION :
If your marijuana seeds fail to germinate, it is most likely that they didn’t get enough water. As a last effort, drop them into a cup spring water and leave them there until you see a tap root appear. When it appears, start over with the paper towel method until the tap root is 1/2 inch long.
GUARANTEE WILL NOT BE HONOURED IF :
  1. You planted the marijuana seeds directly into soil.
  2. You used a seed starter kit, rock wool, peat pellets or any other germination device for vegetable seeds.
  3. You did not germinate using the ‘cup of water transfer to moist paper towel’ method described.

usually not... seed goes in pointy end down, streamlined by nature to fall that way into a hole.
I said "putting" the seed in (like with tweezers since there's a root). Not dropping it in as it would do in nature. If I germed that way that's how I'd do it. Just makes since to me ... now .... lol.
I remember thinking the plant grew up out of the seed & the shell end stayed in the ground when I first started .... duh !
Never grew anything before; so I have a 1/2 assed excuse.

Just to clarify, when I said "hot" I was talking about the strength of the fertilizer in the soil. Some organic super soils contain tons of nutrients which can "burn" small plants which is why they're called hot.
See why I am here? Because people like you are helpful and kind. Thanks I misunderstood as you figured out. I'll move to coir and sterile soils as a starting grow media.

This is how a seed company says to do it...or they won't honor their guarantee...

STEP 1​

Put your marijuana seeds into a glass of spring water. Let the seeds soak in room temperature water for 14-18 hours.Do not soak them beyond this time because it will drown your seeds.
NOTE:
  • If you found marijuana seeds will not sink, this is fine.
  • At this point it does not matter whether marijuana seeds are cracked or un-cracked. Transfer to paper towel.

IMPORTANT: USE BOTTLED SPRING WATER ONLY​

STEP 2​

Fold a thick paper towel and position it on a plate. Put 2 pieces of paper towel on top of each other on a dinner plate.

STEP 3​

Pour the marijuana seeds and water onto the paper towel. Fold the paper towel over the seeds to cover. Pour off any excess water.
The marijuana seeds must be able to feel air, heat and moisture at the same time.

STEP 4​

Place in a warm, dark open room and let the marijuana seeds sit until the crack open. Ensure the paper towel stays moist by adding water periodically.
Do not drown the marijuana seeds in excess water.
NOTE: Do not place into a cupboard, drawer or other small enclosed area as the marijuana seeds will have difficulty opening.

STEP 5​

Marijuana seeds will begin to crack open and a tap root will develop. Allow the tap root to grow 1/2 inch to 3/4 inches before transplanting.
Each marijuana strain will take from 2 to 7 days to crack open.
NOTE : Do not cover the plate with another plate, plastic wrap or zip lock bag. This stops the flow of oxygen as seeds need to feel warmth, air flow and moisture at the same time.

3 FACTORS OF GERMINATING MARIJUANA SEEDS​

Never let the paper towels dry out, but never drown your marijuana seeds. The paper towel must always stay moist. Depending on the humidity, the paper towel may need re-moistening every 6 hours (your experience may vary). Always check the moisture levels as each seed has a different clock that is triggered by hitting the exact point of moisture, heat and oxygen levels.
EMERGENCY GERMINATION :
If your marijuana seeds fail to germinate, it is most likely that they didn’t get enough water. As a last effort, drop them into a cup spring water and leave them there until you see a tap root appear. When it appears, start over with the paper towel method until the tap root is 1/2 inch long.
GUARANTEE WILL NOT BE HONOURED IF :
  1. You planted the marijuana seeds directly into soil.
  2. You used a seed starter kit, rock wool, peat pellets or any other germination device for vegetable seeds.
  3. You did not germinate using the ‘cup of water transfer to moist paper towel’ method described.
Wow, drop the mike dude, thank you for investing your time in my success. I am grateful :Namaste:. When they arrive I'll check back in and let you know how this works for me. I'll try and post pics along the way. Maybe two weeks?

That looks like what Crop King used to state, lol. They were a sponsor here for a while. Which caused a few issues, since some people grew to hate that business so much that they ended up getting banned for their... candor . There is a point beyond which comments towards/about advertisers become unwelcome - even if they happen to be true :rofl: .

Which doesn't automatically void those instructions. However, if a seed opens during the soak, there's no reason to stick it in a paper towel. Actually, there are some reasons to not use the paper towel method, regardless. One such reason would be the formaldehyde and other chemicals in 99% of the paper towels sold. Not exactly germination aids, those chemicals.

I remember thinking the plant grew up out of the seed & the shell end stayed in the ground when I first started .

It often will - if the seed is planted correctly ;).

BtW, OP: If your tap water has chlorine in it (as opposed to chloramine, which requires other methods to deal with), you do not necessarily have to leave it out in an open container overnight to dechlorinate it. A capful of regular 3% consumer strength H2O2 poured into it and then a gentle shaking to mix it will do the job almost instantly. That can be helpful if you feel the need for some dechlorinated tap water in a hurry. Although the chlorine in most tap water isn't concentrated enough to do any damage, and might serve as a mild pathogen fighter, although I don't know if it'll actually kill any russet mites that happen to be overwintering on the outside of the seed case. If I'm uncertain as to the "cleanliness" of a cannabis seed, I'll give it a quick rinse in some of that H2O2. It'll kill nasties and, when I pour water into the container (assuming I'm doing a soak), it quickly decomposes into O2 and H2O2.

That looks like what Crop King used to state, lol. They were a sponsor here for a while. Which caused a few issues, since some people grew to hate that business so much that they ended up getting banned for their... candor . There is a point beyond which comments towards/about advertisers become unwelcome - even if they happen to be true :rofl: .
:high-five: It is :rofl: I got it from their website :popcorn: and they recommended this place :thumb: along with my one and only order from them (so far) :popcorn:

They are the only place I have found my signature strain, so, I thought I might order some :rofl::rofl:
mochalope.JPG

Back
Top Bottom