HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

Leaving stem
:thumb: With thanks to @Heavenly Hybrid for bringIng it to wider attention! Including mine :D

thanks for noticing
:thumb:

Don't tell Felonious but I opened his tent when the lights were off to get those photos especially for you, Amy. :love:
:eek: Don’t blame me I didn’t do it! :rofl: Umm, Thank you (?) ... don’t do that again tho! :laughtwo: Best way to do it is during lights on... ;) switch them off, take some snaps, switch them back on again. No harm no foul... I’m sure this one time will be fine. :love:

Highya HG, and FP,

Those outside ladies are looking mighty nice! I have some like that, but they're in the ground, not pots. It has been a nice year for the sun. And yes, HG, today was a beautiful day to get things done outside. We took advantage there. How many nodes on your short girl? If there's 4 or more, when you top, all the side branches (1 at each node) will start to grow. They'll be nice sized colas at harvest.
You just need experience as to how the plant reacts at different stages. I remember being like that, lol. With FP around to help with answers, you'll be fine.
Oh, it at all possible, wait on transplanting the smallest one until you're sure the roots are growing a lot. I did that once, and the girl didn't grow like the others. Maybe put some mychorrizae to spark the root growth at transplant.
Love FP's ladies. They look like they'll be very nice colas!! Love harvest season! Happy Smokin'

And you're asking us for advice why? I suggest you get back on speaking terms with your husband. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Beautiful plants FP. :thumb:

Smartass! :laughtwo:

I told my husband what you said above and he said it's because he finally gave up on organic nutes so everything is going nicely now but I can still be help to him. Pests and diseases aren't always easy to diagnose so having backup support here on 420 is good. :battingeyelashes:

Hello all.

I transplanted all my ladies to 3-gallon pots today as well to the new, bigger tent and the better light. I asked Felonious to email me the details of the new light and tent but so far have received nothing.

However, I do have a photo. :battingeyelashes:

IMG_0176.jpg

They're all in cloth pots except for CBD1. I planted CBD1 first forgetting that I was supposed to use the fabric pots and then saw the correct pots and planted the rest in them. I fertigated everything, too. OH! I forgot. The lights are on in this photo, too but you can't tell, right?

Now that they're in bigger pots, should I be watering to run-off? I believe Felonious waters from the bottom with cloth pots. Should I be doing that, too?

When I fertigate next, I will top them then. I'm finding that I often run out of time to get everything done before the lights go off. I'm thinking I might have the lights go out a little later in the day. They currently go out at 11 a.m. but I've been getting up at 9 a.m. lately. I usually exercise for an hour when I first get up but on gardening days, I've been doing the gardening first and then the exercise. If I push the lights' out time back an hour, I may not have to do this any longer.

I know I could also do my gardening when the lights come back on at 5 p.m. but A) I'm usually tired by then so don't feel like doing it and B) Now that it's getting dark earlier, the lighting in the grow area isn't sufficient for gardening.

One of the major side effects I have as a result of my autoimmune disease is fatigue. I get tired really easily. In fact, I can honestly say that I always feel tired so I try to do everything I have to do earlier in the day so mornings are for exercise and chores, afternoons are for reading and/or learning and evenings are for getting high and relaxing.

I like to fully saturate the medium after up potting to try and merge the two mediums together. I am also tired all the time like you. I have sleep apnea I never really seem to sleep more than 15 to 30 minutes at a time without waking up. So I'm kind of like you trying to do all my chores in the morning. This grow I've been running my lights at night because of the heat. So I'm not getting into the girl room till after dinner I don't like the schedule and we'll be changing it on the next grow. Looking good HG!

The new tent and light details are:
  • 4' x 4' x 6.5' Fusion Hut 600D Grow Tent
  • Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light

I like to fully saturate the medium after up potting to try and merge the two mediums together.

I kinda did that. I filled the pots halfway with ProMix, watered the ProMix and then added the new plants. After adding them, I fertigated all of them with 2g of MegaCrop per 1 gallon.

I am also tired all the time like you. I have sleep apnea I never really seem to sleep more than 15 to 30 minutes at a time without waking up. So I'm kind of like you trying to do all my chores in the morning. This grow I've been running my lights at night because of the heat. So I'm not getting into the girl room till after dinner I don't like the schedule and we'll be changing it on the next grow. Looking good HG!

I'm sorry to hear you're tired all the time, too, oldsmokey. Yeah, my lights are essentially on during the night, too. When I go 12/12, I think I will have no lights from noon to midnight and then lights on from midnight to noon. I could even do 1 a.m. to 1 p.m. since we're headed into cooler temps.

kinda did that. I filled the pots halfway with ProMix, watered the ProMix and then added the new plants. After adding them, I fertigated all of them with 2g of MegaCrop per 1 gallon.
That should be fine. You new tent and setup should work nicley!

I am one off the few that can't tolerate a CPAP machine I can't sleep with that thing on. I have learned to live with it. That's why I like strong indicas.

I use the strain, Hash Plant to sleep. I also use it for nighttime pain relief. It's 12% THC and 3.5% CBD.

The new tent and light details are:
  • 4' x 4' x 6.5' Fusion Hut 600D Grow Tent
  • Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light

Manufacturer states that the FC3000 is good for a 4' x 4' space for "personal" and a 3' x 3' space for "commercial." Does that mean if you want to grow tight/dense sellable bud, you are supposed to stick it in a 3'x3' space? IDK... There's a PPFD coverage map at three different heights in a 4'x4' tent (presumably one of theirs?) in one of the pictures on their website. I was going to download it and post it here, but the page uses a script to enable "move cursor to zoom," so it wasn't a simple thing. But you can take a look at it here:

Looks like at 12", the center has a little too much light and there's too much drop-off around the edges (which might be 3'x3', as there's a gap around the perimeter that doesn't have measurements listed). The measurements they did do around the edges show an increase when the light is raised to 16", and a little bit more when it's raised to 18". And it doesn't have 20" or higher. But maybe you can get some idea about the coverage (vs. intensity) and useful footprint from looking at their graphic. Definitely place whichever plant/strain that requires the most light in the center (as per usual) as the product isn't "spread out" enough to avoid a light hot spot directly underneath. But it appears to be better in that regard as I would have guessed. Would have been nice to have additional graphics for 20" and 22" to see if the outer edges of the footprint continue to gain illumination and, if so, what the cost is towards the center.

If it were me, I might offset it slightly towards one of the rear corners, so that it was centered over a 3'x3' space with two of the tent walls as borders for that space, and place my fans and other equipment in and around the opposite corner, so as to attempt to mimic their "professional" garden footprint area and keep any non-plant items in the tent out of that footprint. And if there was any room left over in that "▟" area, place a plant or two that had a lower light requirement (possibly a 100% indica, or maybe some "regular" garden plants, maybe a leafy one like lettuce, some kind of low-light herb, etc). But, again, that's just me. They're probably selling a lot of these things to people who stick them in 4'x4' grow tents and fill those tents wall-to-wall with cannabis.

I have these, too:

fc3000-ppfd.jpg

PPFD_NDL_Philips-Master-Green-Power_600W@500mm_zelt_12m2 - HPS LAMP - above 500 is good.jpg

I didn't set up the new tent and light. Felonious did that. He was also the person responsible for deciding what to buy. This kind of stuff is technical and as a rule of thumb, I don't do tech. I also don't do manual labour. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom