Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Thanks Shed and Amy :) everything is gonna be all right. :thumb: I was just taken by surprise a bit. I’ve had much worse splits before, shoot I’ve even had it where the arm completely came off and it still healed. Such is life, I still love my lil mango:yummy:

:rip: little Mango arm:(...I really thought it might make it....Water under the bridge now...
No biggie,though-3 weeks from now you won't even know it's gone!

Hello my hideout gang. I’m making a multi-post update today, because I dislike the media embedding hoops and I just want to put up some pictures. Being limited to 10 pics means a multi-post update. :battingeyelashes:

I finally got some time and energy at the same time, so I was able to do some much needed training with the photo quads (plus triline). To start, I did more of the upper node leaf removal on the rest of the girls. Candida might be my favorite shaped quad, so she will be my lovely assistant today.
Upper leaf on node 4 - hello/goodbye
4824D4A7-7487-491F-A805-F48833BF4509.jpeg D4491A70-8991-4EC7-AA20-FCB7150A6C92.jpeg
Mid arm upper leaf on node 3 - hello/goodbye
7E1A2A34-A2A8-495C-A4C4-A049A4DABE03.jpeg 56D9E78F-FCBD-47E5-A304-897D35F01DA5.jpeg
Whole plant before/after
I also removed the underneath leaf and budsite on node 3. I didn’t really get a pic of that, so you’ll just have to trust me. ;)
EC36E17D-C772-4E7F-ABCA-AB66A4947427.jpeg
946A59DF-962F-4425-928A-B2518A583540.jpeg

I was also able to do some much needed maintenance training for Hiydrow. She is a lankier plant with a lot more spacing between her nodes (sativa style hybrid). Because I did some training without really doing follow up for so long, she developed U-shaped 4th node arms.
75088D8E-CDDC-4DFD-8669-4FCDC8A67A1A.jpeg

Because she’s started to stiffen up a little in that U position, if I tried to move the ties further out and bring down the end of the arms, it would bring the inner part too far down we don’t want a downward angle at the stem, this would also have the potential to break off an arm. Another thing that can happen is the tie will frequently slide back down and smash into the baby bud sites at the mid-stem, and we don’t want any of that. When this U shape happens, I like to use a double-up tie to get that arm straight.
42A40711-3E2C-4187-9449-C3BE3086EA98.jpeg 175B4A16-C302-456A-94A3-CDD871DF0A1E.jpeg
As she gets more used to being straightened, I will pull the outer tie just a little tighter, to straighten the arm all the way out.
Here she is after the double ties
9F7762D1-1A2E-4E7F-8049-18E11364F303.jpeg

This concludes update, part I... please turn disc over to side 2 to resume update.

Part II update
Not a lot left to show, but I did want to update the triline Mango training.
36B415C5-ECD2-443C-BE78-7BE1FD11E46F.jpeg

You can see the lighter colored ties bring the node 3 arms into a bit of a v shape and I will probably bring them over just a smidge more to keep the triangle nice and evenly spaced.

And lastly - group shot!
90855A96-1765-4DE5-8F73-A8E0D1799D9C.jpeg

They’re all chugging along now and with just a little more growth and training, I will probably flip to a 12/12 schedule in a week or two. It’s a balance between getting the smaller ones to grow out enough, without letting the bigger ones get too big!! Lol, we’ll see how it goes with this whole multi strain stuff. :D
Hope everyone who celebrates is getting good and ready for Xmas! :meditate:

Great Update,HH!
The tri-line looks perfect...like you planned it that way... :welldone:
Being limited to 10 pics means a multi-post update. :battingeyelashes:
You may already know this...but if you upload to the gallery first,you can post unlimited pics...

What a nice update! Thanks for letting me know to flip it over for side 2 or I woulda been lost. Is that a reference to something?;)

Great training too. Nicely nicely Johnson!

I use barbecue sticks to straighten the branches that might break off when pulled. I just attach the branch to the stick along the length, and then slowly pull the end part down over a few days.
full

The black tie is down to the pot, the white is a small piece of pipe cleaner just wrapped around the branch and the stick. It also works well for branches that extend beyond the pot's edge.

do training and manipulation when the plants are pretty dry and needing fertigation because they’re more bendy at that time ;)
Nice tip Amy! Thanks :) funny enough, that is exactly what happened this morning and they all handled it without incident. Thank goodness, cause Mr. S told me not to let it happen again!! ;)
Thanks for letting me know to flip it over for side 2 or I woulda been lost. Is that a reference to something?;)
Haha, only for us oldies. :laughtwo:

I use barbecue sticks to straighten the branches that might break off when pulled. I just attach the branch to the stick along the length, and then slowly pull the end part down over a few days.
full

The black tie is down to the pot, the white is a small piece of pipe cleaner just wrapped around the branch and the stick. It also works well for branches that extend beyond the pot's edge.
Very nice Shed! It looks good, but I am so afraid I would bump that stick and rip off all the stems or something! Do you fasten the sticks down somehow, in case of bumps during schlep?

Not at all. The fact that it's free floating means it just moves with the branch when I move it (it is attached to the lip of the pot though as usual). I don't let it stick out much further than the end of the branch it's attached to, so as the plant grows I slide it further out.
full

You can see on the right that the point of the stick is just pointing to the trunk below where the node comes off.

Too bad that plant turned out to be a male!

Great Update,HH!
The tri-line looks perfect...like you planned it that way... :welldone:

You may already know this...but if you upload to the gallery first,you can post unlimited pics...
Lol, lemons into lemon drop martinis, eh carcass?! ;) I did know about the upload part, that’s the exact hoop I don’t wanna jump through. Rebellion!! I’ll keep the rest of my opinion on it to myself. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom