Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

Hey HH. Hope you're well and prepared for Christmas. The gardens looking great and good job with the training. I'll do some real training one day lol.
:passitleft:
Thanks Professor and thanks for popping in! :) Silly Professor, you already do real training. I think you’ve got your plate perfectly full over there. Trust me, when your girls are bigger, you’ll have all kinds of time for high maintenance training. Well.... maybe not all kinds of time, but more of it. :laughtwo:

Garden is looking fabulous and love the thorough tutorial!:love: Your updates also while very informative crack me up :laughtwo:

Garden is looking fabulous and love the thorough tutorial!:love: Your updates also while very informative crack me up :laughtwo:
Aww, thank you CC!! :circle-of-love: Warm fuzzies to start my day! :love: :hug:

Hi everyone! I’ve got a little situation that I’d love to hear some opinions and advice about today. OG Kush #1 has been kinda raggedy, some damage is old and some is developing, so its hard for me to really tell what’s what.
Pictures -
A8F152FA-FA0D-4214-B720-FEF7687DFA28.jpeg
B226259B-A5B3-493B-848A-4976F4437849.jpeg

You can see along the leaf edge, yellowing and very raised in some areas. It has been that way and has seemingly gotten worse in the last week or two.
I also took some natural lighting pics.
6217527E-14E5-4990-9A3B-12D03F192C37.jpeg
5032D8BB-FA81-4B54-B0EB-5F4BF52B5132.jpeg

The damage isn’t as visable, but I was more concerned with her lighter coloring in general (I think?) She’s definitely the most affected of the three.
So here’s what I’m considering -
A. Wind damage progressing because I have an oscillating fan. Not much else I could do to help that one.
B. Heat stress. I have raised the light already, maybe it needs to be raised even more? Temps are usually around 74 and seem to get to 78° or 79° at the highest. Rh holds between 45-51 generally.
C. An auto in a (shallow) 3 gallon pot, working hard at bud building. Maybe I should start feeding her twice a day?

Maybe something else I haven’t thought of? She’s the only one discontented, and she’s the furthest away from the light (shortest). I’ve been kind of ignoring it, but it’s slowly getting worse, so I should probably pay attention. Ok team, I’m ready for advice and help! :Namaste:

My guess is being in flower it looks like K def. The fact you think it's light in color means you may want to bump the MC up. How much are you feeding right now?
Damn, I was hoping it was just wind burn and I wouldn’t have to do anything! :laughtwo: So, I’m not using MC yet. I’m using up my old nutes first - General Organics. The GO Box is what I have in my arsenal.
2F125B8F-51B1-4C05-B2C0-D49F1964BD36.jpeg

The three I’m specifically using every feeding is
35697223-F21F-4243-A1D7-565B72F2BAE6.jpeg
13545E3B-37EB-4D69-A7B1-A701D6FE16AE.jpeg

per gallon I use
10ml bio thrive
5 ml calmag
2.5 ml bio bud

That is the ‘light feeding’ recommendation on the box and that’s what I’ve been using for pretty much all my grows so far. I wonder if I’m pH-ing poorly? It’s just lame that only one of them is being fussy. The other two are happy lil clams.

Thanks for the help and advice @MrSauga and @Virgin ground.:hug:

I'm sorry HH, I thought you made the switch.

I'd try bumping up the Bio Thrive with the 2-4-4 and I would think you could add more of the bio bud with .5-0-1 as well since it's mostly K. Maybe a little more of the bloom and a little morer than that with the bud.

In coco pH is as critical as it is in hydro, so that's an important factor to consider. I don't know if leaf curl (tacoing) is part of a K deficiency but it's certainly a sign of light stress. If you want to raise the light again I'd make sure the other ones go up on risers so they don't lose any distance, since they're happy where they are.

In terms of feeding, I would ignore the sunk costs on the 47 3 bottles and switch to MC as long as it's there. I did it mid-grow and the plants thanked me at harvest :). I thanked them as well, of course. Otherwise, Bio Thrive and Bio Bud have the same N-K ratio, so either one will boost the K if that's the answer, but you obv need more Bio Bud to hit the same numbers.

What are your current PPM numbers?

Get ready, this is a heavily medicated, babble post. ;)
Lol, trust me Shed, I’m so excited for the day I can use just MC! However, over the course of my grows I’ve bought big bottles of the GO line and I have to use it up. Mr H would kill me if he knew I wasted all that money. I would kill me too! :laughtwo: I hate waste.
Ok, back to biz. I’m in coco, but my nutes are organic; so according to GWE, organic nutes prefer a higher pH (similar to soil levels) and they suggest to let pH fall somewhere in between. When I first started using coco, you suggested I split the difference between coco and soil guidelines and go for 6.2, so that’s what I’ve been doing ever since. I let it gently fluctuate between 6.0-6.3 with the usual target at ~6.2. I actually haven’t been checking my ppms this grow.. :oops: So while I can’t say for sure, it was usually in the 800-880 range when I used to measure. It was just always spot on if I used the same measurements, so I stopped, ya know?

What are you pH'ing at out of curiousity? Are they all getting the same pH'd stuff? If so, then probably not pH.
You’re right, they are all getting the same food. If it was pH they’d probably all be showing something, eh? ;) (that’s a little Canadian just for you Mr. S)

When I first started using coco, you suggested I split the difference between coco and soil guidelines and go for 6.2
I don't remember that :oops: ! Is it a soil/coco blend?

Does GWE say why organic nutrients need a higher pH? The roots don't care what the derivation of the nutrients are, so I would say you should pH for coco generally. From reading others here, that seems to be in the 5.8-6.0 range. Worth a shot?

I would t necessarily buy into sunken cost fallacy, you could actually save time and money by switching to MC. If it increased your yield by a percentage than you will have instantly gained. I bought a couple very large bottles of the technaflora lines. It’s sitting on my shelf and I really don’t like that I wasted money but it was such a pain in the ass. I save so much time using megacrop. Maybe I can get lucky and find someone else who uses the nutes and sell them.

Anyway those nutes are organic and you don’t need to PH according to a rep at their company. Although after some reading I do see lots of people PHing. I don’t think a micro heard is ideal for coco but people have success apparently. Sounds complicated, I imagine that stuff would be awesome for a soil grow.

I don't remember that :oops: ! Is it a soil/coco blend?

Does GWE say why organic nutrients need a higher pH? The roots don't care what the derivation of the nutrients are, so I would say you should pH for coco generally. From reading others here, that seems to be in the 5.8-6.0 range. Worth a shot?
So I tried to find that pH info in GWE to refresh my memory, and you know I can’t find it. Lol, I searched to find your advice in my old thread and you actually suggested 6.0 :oops: lmao, I've been doing ~6.2 this whole time!! :laughtwo:. I guess if it ain’t broke don’t fix it (for the past runs), but I’ll let it dip down lower and see what happens for that OG#1.
Anyway those nutes are organic and you don’t need to PH according to a rep at their company. Although after some reading I do see lots of people PHing. I don’t think a micro heard is ideal for coco but people have success apparently. Sounds complicated, I imagine that stuff would be awesome for a soil grow.
This is what I saw when I was searching last night too! Maybe all this pH worry has been moot? These nutes are made for soil and my very first grow was in soil, it worked pretty well. When I switched to coco, I just kept on using it without any issues, so I just kept on going. I’m happy with the results I’ve had, but it is a pain mixing all the nutes, especially since I have veg and bloom. I’ll cross over to MC soon, I just seriously can’t stand to waste. I should mostly finish them up, probably in this auto grow.

Bump your targeted ph to 6.3-6.4. Feed and/or water with the same number (6.3-6.4) every time. A PH pen is necessary. PPM doesn't matter and applies to hydro. LEDs will require, 99% of the time, the addition or supplement of calmag. I believe wild fluctuations in ph can cause problems.
:high-five:

Ok

I'll add to the calamity.....lol

pH at 5..... for two hrs....5.4 for 3 hrs
No water for a day......
Water at pH of 9 for a week

That is the saweeeeeet spot :headbanger: :slide: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom