Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

I like the way you broke down how you are doing your training. Keep up the great work Hh
Thanks N! I just love the quadline. It’s a pretty fun training style - with some good returns to boot!
Glad to see Flo looking so comely. Lol

They all look fantastic. :green_heart:
Thanks VG, she’s quite the go getter. Lol, you’d never know she was one of the later seeds to pop.

I wonder what that guy’s up to these days?
Hi HH :ciao: everything’s looking great:)
This is Ase’s current thing..

Hi HH :ciao: everything’s looking great:)
This is Ase’s current thing..
Thanks! I had no idea he’s been back! Gotta go get caught up over there.
Nice quads double H! I don't think I've seen a Candida quadlined before so I'm curious to see how yours goes.
Me too, I just want to be sure I’m able to take some cuttings. I’m a little nervous about it already. :lot-o-toke:

That Candida quad will go fine! To me Quadlining seems like an extreme and stylised version of the Uncle Ben’s topping tech that I’ve started using indoors. I did it with a Candida and it went great! So I’m guessing the quadlining will be equally successful.

Maybe set up some supports early on or get some yo-yo hangers in preparation because the stems will be bendy - no mater what you feed it! :D

That Candida quad will go fine! To me Quadlining seems like an extreme and stylised version of the Uncle Ben’s topping tech that I’ve started using indoors. I did it with a Candida and it went great! So I’m guessing the quadlining will be equally successful.

Maybe set up some supports early on or get some yo-yo hangers in preparation because the stems will be bendy - no mater what you feed it! :D
I noticed there were quite a few similarities in the styles too, so I’m glad to know it should be fine. I’ve got some bamboo stakes ready and waiting for bloom. :thumb: Thank you for the advice Amy! :love:
Hiya HH!
You've got it going on now! The garden's looking beautiful! :circle-of-love:
Thanks so much Mr. S :cheesygrinsmiley: so far, so good.

Hello again hideout gang. A partial, big tent update today for the two older photos, Northern Lights and Hiydrow both had some specific quadline leaf plucks.

My apologies, I didn’t have my phone when I did the plucking, I’ll be sure to get before and after pics when I do the next round of plants. Here are the after pics.
49BC599C-7A94-4B1A-8B82-89D596261058.jpeg
Hiydrow
7602B9A2-DCE0-43AF-A4E5-D1F4AEF37322.jpeg

I highlighted the 4 leaf sites where they were plucked from. o_O I just realized I marked two of the nodes with the wrong colors. What a winning update! Oh well, you still get it, right? :D
C7A04624-0E3F-439D-99D0-69144F7626D2.jpeg

The idea is to remove leaves that are blocking the newly growing nodes. As the branch grows outward, new nodes grow along in an alternating pattern - top/bottom and left/right. The left/right nodes will grow out fine, but the top/bottom will get some help. By removing the top leaf, (carefully leaving the nodes intact), the node is exposed to light and air, and will (ideally) fulfill it’s life goal of becoming a long, tall cola.

Now here is where some quad trainers differ. Ase removes both the bottom facing leaf and node. In the past I have seen Dutch coax the bottom facing node around and upward, but I’m not sure if he’s still doing that? For me, I remove them, they are usually the most likely to become larf and I find that by the time all the little nodes make their way up, it’s good to create more space for them in advance, and honestly the middle is usually nicely filled in without them.

Not such great news, but also not that big a deal - I was trying to flatten out Mango Kush’s upper nodes more and there was a partial node tear on the right side.
61F0B988-21D7-4B0C-9C5F-E304D9D5184E.jpeg

She is the one with the (very) smallest stump. Did it happen because I was afraid it would? Did I bring it to fruition? Or is this the exact reason to let it grow taller before topping = bigger stump? Lol, either way, it happened and it was pretty slight. I propped the wire tie underneath the stem to hold it up and let her heal, she’ll probably be fine tomorrow. I did remove the tie on other side as well, even though it’s still on in the picture. :( sorry Mango baby.

Small tent auto pics
OG #1
3865242C-CE23-455B-8B26-C0A62898809C.jpeg
OG1 ‘main’
6BEC83E6-393A-4AAA-BE38-2086C0A94FD1.jpeg

OG Kush #2
5F34B3BB-6A9E-4EC0-A28B-761447CA7435.jpeg
3B02FCCA-F657-4F03-91D9-D711FB2CA2ED.jpeg
OG2 ‘main’
0A06BD61-D496-4F5D-B442-7BE26C11069E.jpeg

Purple Kush CBD
A0781630-7909-40AD-9B95-5E65BFA3DB71.jpeg

I’ve been trying to be more mindful about rotating them around a bit more (thanks Shed), and this PK is the most annoying one! Can’t keep her leaves in her own seat, leaning over and distracting the OGs from their work! :rolleyes: There’s always one.

OG1 is at 9 weeks now and I’m guessing she’s not going to be done for another few or more weeks? When I dropped these beans, I was overestimating that they’d finish up around the end of January, but that could very well end up being pretty accurate.

That’s about it for now I suppose. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
:smokin:

I just realized I marked two of the nodes with the wrong colors.
We didn't know what the right colors were, so it's not a problem.... :)

You're doing a great job on all those beautiful ladies,HH- very informative update !
I cracked one of mine just like that Mango- fixed it with 2 coats of Elmers glue...sounds really hokey,but it worked...

We didn't know what the right colors were, so it's not a problem.... :)

You're doing a great job on all those beautiful ladies,HH- very informative update !
I cracked one of mine just like that Mango- fixed it with 2 coats of Elmers glue...sounds really hokey,but it worked...
Thanks carcass! I just checked on her again and that arm is totally shriveled! :eek: I had some electrical tape within reach, so I just used a tiny piece to hold it up. I don’t know though... it wasn’t even a complete tear, so I thought it was no big. She may end up being a tri-line. Damn!

It's odd that that branch shriveled though-that's never a good sign.
That GDPx of mine was a tri-line...so it's not a big deal-she'll make up for it real soon...

It's odd that that branch shriveled though-that's never a good sign.
That GDPx of mine was a tri-line...so it's not a big deal-she'll make up for it real soon...
Yeah, I was unpleasantly surprised to see the droop. I’m waiting until the kids wake up to go look again. I’m almost scared to, lol. I had a C99xBluberry that was a triline too and she didn’t do quite as well as the others, but still pretty good. That mango is my secret favorite, so I am a tiny bit bummed. I haven’t given up hope yet though! Come on baby mango arm! :cheer:

Thanks so much Amy :love: I’m pretty happy with them so far.

I went in to check on the arm...
1B4C234B-4425-44AC-A634-DE059619A620.jpeg

Not any worse since I added the tape. But pretty droopy, you can see how tall and strong as the other side is. :( We shall see..

She looks like she's just complaining a little while she builds fresh pathways to keep the juices flowing- definitely not dead,so I'd say you're golden-or will be in a day or 2.
It's the plants way of saying "wtf just happened?" :)

Hello from the hideout. The time has come to put the Mango arm saga (not to be confused with Sauga) to rest.
81F3D287-FD28-4C34-AB7E-0656C67D7881.jpeg
DAAF648C-5437-41C9-A6C8-C9CECBD60156.jpeg

Does it look like she’s yelling “Moooooom!” to anyone else? Lol, maybe I’m just stoned. It seems her split was worse than I originally thought. My fault for not using tape immediately. Might’ve probably could’ve saved it. Le sigh. And now we move forward, on to some triline training.
87F2B350-46C5-4E2D-954B-BB1EE1E4D8F8.jpeg

I put a tie around the trunk for support, just under node 4 and then secured it to a lawn staple. Then I resumed the ‘spreading out’ of the upper node. As long as she’s responding fine tomorrow, I will start to bring the 3rd nodes forward slightly to form a more of an equilateral triangle shape, and help create some future cola space. :meditate:So here I am, this is me - rolling with it. #sorrymangobaby

Back
Top Bottom