Heirloom's A Little Bit Of Everything - 2016 Journal

:passitleft: High Heir... Doesn't seem possible that it has been 15 years.... Have a blessed day my friend....:circle-of-love:

Hi D. I know. I was thinking back, reflecting where I was and what was going on. 15 years ago I lived in PNW, working as a low voltage electrician in telcom sites and other places. I remember hearing about the first impact on the radio on my way to work. Then watching the second plane hit. Went home and got there just in time to watch the first tower fall.

Crazy times.

Love ya.

:circle-of-love:

I was sitting on my couch... Watching the Today show.... Waiting on my husband to finish getting ready for a business trip so I could give him a ride to the airport... I'll never forget the look on Katie Curics face when the second plane hit and they realized it was terrorism... It's kinda surreal how much life has changed since that day....
Love ya mean it ❤....:circle-of-love:

Too many mornings in a row I went out and cursed bud worms. Have to pull the two first blue dreams early because next week they will be totally ruined. When you're pinching grams off several colas every morning, and get the the point where you wonder which is going to cost you less weight..cutting early or letting it go.... cut it. At least you get something. I'm seeing nearly all milky trichs, so..... chop.

Fu €%ing G@d da~n bud worms.

We've processed an estimated 1/4lb dry off the first. The worms seem to be after the dense nugs. We're cutting the colas back and gonna try leaving the lower stuff to put some weight on.

Next year I am considering a sacrificial plant. One near but not in each patch that yellows off early to draw the moths. Meanwhile IPM spray, SNS taken up by the roots, and moth balls everywhere for the crop. Then pull the sacrificial plant when the worms start and burn it. God they are a curse. Grrrrr.

Short of netting, what's a grower to do?

I had just got to work....drive past the pentagon to get there....turn on the radio and here them say a plane went into a tower. It is a funny morning show so I thought they were joking....then they said a second plane went into a tower and I quickly gathered the Dean and president. By the time we got the tv on we felt the ground shake. The plane had hit the Pentagon.....everything was at a stand still. I was afraid to stay at work and afraid to leave. Going home ment going past the Pentagon and closer to the White House.

I stayed....couldn't get in touch with anyone....and watched it on tv with the rest of the staff.

It was scary for me...I can't imagine what those at ground zero went through.

So much to learn...so many journals to follow.

Too many mornings in a row I went out and cursed bud worms. Have to pull the two first blue dreams early because next week they will be totally ruined. When you're pinching grams off several colas every morning, and get the the point where you wonder which is going to cost you less weight..cutting early or letting it go.... cut it. At least you get something. I'm seeing nearly all milky trichs, so..... chop.

Fu €%ing G@d da~n bud worms.

We've processed an estimated 1/4lb dry off the first. The worms seem to be after the dense nugs. We're cutting the colas back and gonna try leaving the lower stuff to put some weight on.

Next year I am considering a sacrificial plant. One near but not in each patch that yellows off early to draw the moths. Meanwhile IPM spray, SNS taken up by the roots, and moth balls everywhere for the crop. Then pull the sacrificial plant when the worms start and burn it. God they are a curse. Grrrrr.

Short of netting, what's a grower to do?
You should have seen me at the house...shaking up antacids and searching each plant for cues of more worms. I could not find any but I will keep looking as I hunt the snails.

Use neem as a soil drench, it's systemic ..

Ohh it's not an instant kill.. It should be used early and come harvest time you'll have clean plants.. You'll need something that will destroy them instantly..

:passitleft: Dennise

Well this is the time nature wants to take our colas... If it is far enough along Bag It! :cheesygrinsmiley:

It only has low toxicity to humans.. Only makes you a little bit sick.. Only kills you a little.

:passitleft:

Ohh it's not an instant kill.. It should be used early and come harvest time you'll have clean plants.. You'll need something that will destroy them instantly..
Got a question about that. Next season I will be back in my yard with all of my friends...the toads and dragonflies and ladybugs and spiders especially my wheel nymph spiders...

Will doing the soil drench bother or kill my friends?

It only has low toxicity to humans.. Only makes you a little bit sick.. Only kills you a little.

That is why you have to cut it with assnilla :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom