Hello all!

LD25Delta9

How's it going guys?!? Just wanted to say hello and what's up to the few friends I have on here. Little background novel:

I've been growing for the better part of 10 years and love every minute of it! Currently, I am using a modified version of the StinkBud aeroponic method. I liked his setup but I did not like the extra noise made by falling water or the fact that light was hitting the water directly, so I changed everything up. I am about to build another setup and I promise I'll post a DIY with pics explaining my process. I use Botanicare Kind Nutirents with their entire additive line. I find it's fairly cheap, doesn't require a ton of extra math or work to busy up my already-busy-enough schedule and it's real hard to burn anything. It's convenient and it's much less messier than their CNS line. I will also do a full review on these two base nute lines.

I was using HID but just ordered 3 MARS II 1200 panels to replace a 600HPS, a 400HPS and 357Mag+. The 357Mag+ will be going into veg to replace a custom 400w CFL light. I have one 12-site cloner, soon to be 3 different mothers in 5g DWC buckets, one 12-site veg unit, and three 9-site bloom units. I constructed the veg and cloner out of 42qt coolers to get over leak issues. They cost about 5 dollars more than a "SoftPlasticMaid ToughNeck" and I swear on my manhood you won't have any leak issues if you construct it properly. The Veg is all in a SG 5'x5'x7' tent and the Bloom is all in a SG 5'x10'x7'.

I'm sorry if I'm not always on time with my updates, but please understand I am a very busy father of three with my own business. I also customize guitars and basses on the side, on top of being the lead guitar/producer in a local band...soooo bear with me. Sometimes, I'll have an insomniac ADD moment and won't log-off for 4 hours straight at 3 am. Sometimes, I won't log on for a week or two at a time.

I hope that I can be a good benefit to this community and I have a ton of info to share, with a ton of info yet to learn, so let's all get along and pass one around!!!:tokin:

Hello! Hello! Hello!

Man you sound like a very busy person, made my head spin reading your post even after all the cannabutter I ate. Welcome and I'm so looking forward to your journal no matter how long it takes - in the fullness of time right? Where can you relax if not here?

:Rasta:

:welcome:

Hey LD25Delta9,
Will be looking forward to seeing some of your pictures. I will be you and LadyJane420's young grasshopper. lol

Hey LadyJane420,
Do you use water in your cannabutter "cooking" or just butter???

:thanks:

For what's it's worth, I don't use butter at all. It takes WAY too long to get the finished product. I use coconut oil. It solidifies at room temp, melts at body temp, and is also pure saturated fat! That's what all the THC molecules stick to! Also it can be substituted for butter in direct ratios. If I am making chocolates with my base, I'll add some soy lecithin, which helps the body absorb and metabolize the THC. Make sure to decarboxylate your trim before everything else, too. I'll be posting some good stuff here soon, I promise. I just have to get everything in order!

For what's it's worth, I don't use butter at all. It takes WAY too long to get the finished product. I use coconut oil. It solidifies at room temp, melts at body temp, and is also pure saturated fat! That's what all the THC molecules stick to! Also it can be substituted for butter in direct ratios. If I am making chocolates with my base, I'll add some soy lecithin, which helps the body absorb and metabolize the THC. Make sure to decarboxylate your trim before everything else, too. I'll be posting some good stuff here soon, I promise. I just have to get everything in order!

I actually made a coconut oil/butter combo last night :) No Soy lecithin though. Can I add that to what I bake with? And I need to learn about this decarboxylating you speak of when it comes time to use trim :)

I actually made a coconut oil/butter combo last night :) No Soy lecithin though. Can I add that to what I bake with? And I need to learn about this decarboxylating you speak of when it comes time to use trim :)

Yes, you can add the lecithin to what you've made. I recommend using a crock-pot on low and add 1Tbs of lecithin to 1Cup of oil. It is best to do this either before adding veg matter and melting it down completely, or after straining out your veg matter. As far as decarboxylation, you should do this with any material you intend to cook with. Whether you use trim or nug, the plant mater is FULL of THC-A or Delta9-Tetrahydracannibinolic Acid. This is NOT the the psychoactive chemical we all know and love. What we want is the regular ol' THC. When we smoke herb, there is instant decarboxylation when you put a lighter to it. The HEAT is what we're after. It transforms THC-A into THC, instantly making available all that awesome mind-numbing power. Which is why you get "high" from smoking it versus eating it straight. However, there are AMAZING health benefits from juicing raw marijuana. The whole 'effing mature plant! It is literally saving lives and curing people of multiple diseases. Until I found this out, I was kinda pissed that my wife bought an expensive juicer for her workout regime. Especially when it just sat there due to the high cost of "juicing." Now, I'm like some info-mercial host recommending it to everyone!

To "Decarb" your smoke, put it a shallow baking pan, preferably glass or pyrex and cover with aluminum foil. Heat at 220*F for 20-25 min. This will stink up your entire house! So make sure to put your kitchen fan on. Once done, proceed with the rest of your preferred oil/butter method. To Decarb and infuse coconut oil, from start to finish, it takes about 3 hours and so long as you are using quality material from the start, you will have the best quality finished product.

Make sure to decarboxylate your trim before everything else, too. I'll be posting some good stuff here soon, I promise. I just have to get everything in order!

Mostly I've been using dried weed (we have a dryer) for edibles haven't done the decarboxylate thing but I did some reading about it and it's definitely worth trying on my next harvest coming up in a few weeks. Thanks so much for that recommendation!

:high-five:

:ciao: LD25Delta9 and :welcome:

Looking forward to reading about your growing as well as your canna cooking.
I've done some decarb recently and have found so many uses for it! Great stuff to just add in where and when we need it. :circle-of-love:

BTW, when you're ready to start posting and updating on the grow you can start your own journal. I'm sure you already know this, but thought I would send it along just in case;

How to Make a Grow Journal

And for posting photos:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Have a great weekend!

Hello and welcome to this amazing site. Here you will find a community of growers,smokers,activists,bakers,horticulturists and botanists all working towards the same goal. Im sure you will love it here. So welcome to the forums and I look forward to subscribing to your journals.

Back
Top Bottom