Hello from an Alaskan Newbie With a Question

akgisman

I'm a 61-year-old retired teacher. Now that I'm no longer teaching I thought that I would try growing my own to relieve chronic back pain. I've had 4 operations and have been using prescription Vicodin for years. I started smoking again after a 25-year pause and found that, while pot didn't necessarily remove my pain, it took my mind off of it for a fair amount of time.

Anyway, I'm growing Dr. Krippling's Incredible Bulk from seeds purchased from Herbie's. I germinated 3 seeds and all three have grown into nice, 3'-tall, "muscular" plants that are in week 2 of flowering stage. I took 6 clones, all of which have rooted.

Question: What do I do with the clones while my plants are in bloom stage under the only grow light I have?

Ideally they should be in a separate area under separate vegging lights, I use cheap CFL lights and they work magnificently. So basically consider picking up a couple CFLs.

And welcome to the site :ciao:

Welcome to the site from a fellow AK grower!

I have my best luck with clones under a dome on 24/0 under a soft white CFL. This is a desk lamp next to my PC, so I can keep an eye on them.

Once they root, I gradually get them used to a lower humidity by taking the cap off for longer periods, then up-pot them to a clear solo cup. I only up-pot after that, when they get rootbound. Then they go onto an upper shelf in the veg area, or I put the cups in the same bin as the older plants, or I stack small cartons to bring them up closer to the lights. Whatever brings them cloer to the shared lights. Be creative!

Back
Top Bottom