Hello from the South new to growing

Petie

420 Member
Good Morning: Im new to pretty much all of this so let me start off by saying I'm on disability and can't afford all the bells and whistles I see that looks like its needed to grow. I simply would like to know the bare basics to growing. Wondering if someone can give me some pointers as to what mixture of soil would be best to get started. Ive got a very sunny house and hope I dont need grow lights as they are expensive. I want to start off simple and perhaps late move up to serious growing. At the moment I would just like to know the soil mixture for starting 2-3 plants. Not worried about smell etc.... I live in a house dont plan on moving and not worried. Thanks for the help. And remember I just wanna keep it simple. If it works it works if not....

Yep, unless you literally live in a greenhouse then light through a window won't cut it.
Either grow outside or have to get a light.
I'd start with 2 plants and try to make everything as easy as possible.

If you can't manage large pots because of space constrictions or for whatever reason then probably an organic super soil grow could work for you, that way all you really need to do is use a fabric pot, make sure you have proper aeration in the soil and then water with just plain water and keep the soil moist.
I would still use a 7 gal fabric pot and have the bottom 3rd the super soil.

If you can manage larger pots like at least 15 gallon the you could do a true Living Organic Soil, use a Clackamas Coots soil mix and just water with plain water or make a few compost teas and add about an inch or so of worm castings right before flower.
Either way you don't have to worry about much of anything except watering properly and making sure they got enough light.
A decent light for two plants is going to cost probably at least $250

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom