Hello I'm Randy and I'm getting ready for my first grow

30 amp breakers use a minimum of 10g wire. if your run is over 50ft you'll need to go up a gauge to 8.
if you are building a dedicated circuit you shouldn't need to go above 20a.

30a will power welders and air compressors. i've run both 30's and 50's.

if you stick with the 30a, you can do a sub-panel with two 15a at the grow room end for better distribution, and even greater safety. otherwise just run a standard 15 or 20a at the main box. if you keep with the 30a you will have trouble wiring in regular outlets to power stuff.

i do not want to discourage but those lights are junk and will not perform anywhere near what an sf would. they are not a 1000w light at all, that is just a number they pulled from their asses for advertising purposes. with any experience at all the first thing you will toss are those lights.

30 amp breakers use a minimum of 10g wire. if your run is over 50ft you'll need to go up a gauge to 8.

if you stick with the 30a, you can do a sub-panel with two 15a at the grow room end for better distribution, and even greater safety. otherwise just run a standard 15 or 20a at the main box. if you keep with the 30a you will have trouble wiring in regular outlets to power stuff.

i do not want to discourage but those lights are junk and will not perform anywhere near what an sf would. they are not a 1000w light at all, that is just a number they pulled from their asses for advertising purposes. with any experience at all the first thing you will toss are those lights.
So you suggest a 1000watt sf light. And I'll still put the one I have In for the first week or 2 or flowering?

So how well do u think the plants will do under a 1000 watt sf or do u think I should buy the 2000watt sf

So you suggest a 1000watt sf light. And I'll still put the one I have In for the first week or 2 or flowering?

i'm a big proponent of run everything you have. it's easy to take away if you have too much. it's hard to add what you don't have.

So how well do u think the plants will do under a 1000 watt sf or do u think I should buy the 2000watt sf

i think you should look at the sponsors and brands i suggested. i like SF rigs, but you can do better price wise on the board for an equivalent or better lighting option.

also as i mentioned there is a very well liked budget option on the board. they are not my first go to choice but they would definitely be my only budget brand choice.

two of the new atreum would do it under 300. i'm not familiar with them, there are a couple sponsored grows going on with them right now. they daisy chain and have dimming.

two of the new atreum would do it under 300. i'm not familiar with them, there are a couple sponsored grows going on with them right now. they daisy chain and have dimming.
I know them as Aquarium Light Builders so they are in the same ballpark & probably made some changes to their lights to adapt to this line of business.

budget led has a few options.

the SF is a good rig. they have good drivers and chipsets, which is what you look for. they are a bit under powered i think. i usually go a rig size up for flower. i would use use a light rated for 5x5 in a 4x4.

Kessell Lighting did the same thing.
there are a pile of new builders.

edit: the wee grow light is the same as the SF light builds. not so sure on their drivers and chipsets.

budget led has a few options.

the SF is a good rig. they have good drivers and chipsets, which is what you look for. they are a bit under powered i think. i usually go a rig size up for flower. i would use use a light rated for 5x5 in a 4x4.
Well I still have that other 1000watt I know it's not actually 1000 but if I add that in with the sf 2000 at flower I think from what imheari g and reading this should do fine... Do anyone disagree?

in an SF i would be looking at a 4000 minimum. that's still only a 400 watt draw rig, and twice the size of your largest current consideration.

for comparison i run a 12 pot 600w true draw cob rig in a 4x4 and have a 650w nextlight waiting in the wings.
you can't replace light.

if you go with the 2000 definitely run everything. you'll probably get there with everything. i just don't hold much hope for those budget burples.

don't fret too much .. i know folk who've spent thousands and thousands til they got it right. led is super hard to get correct the first time.

Well I still have that other 1000watt I know it's not actually 1000 but if I add that in with the sf 2000 at flower I think from what imheari g and reading this should do fine... Do anyone disagree?
I think you would have to put your extra light either to 1 side or the rear of the tent & that would give you a 3' x 4' coverage area.

in an SF i would be looking at a 4000 minimum. that's still only a 400 watt draw rig, and twice the size of your largest current consideration.

for comparison i run a 12 pot 600w true draw cob rig in a 4x4 and have a 650w nextlight waiting in the wings.
you can't replace light.

if you go with the 2000 definitely run everything. you'll probably get there with everything. i just don't hold much hope for those budget burples.

don't fret too much .. i know folk who've spent thousands and thousands til they got it right. led is super hard to get correct the first time.
Expensive lights don't always mean they are the best lights either. I spent $1050 ea. on 2 - P900's. My 3 Mars Hydro TSW 2000's at $260 ea. blew those expensive lights out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom